Avus Autosport
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Sad Stuff at Newport Meet

My Cars
    95 M3, Dart 1.4 6spd

Some Sad Stuff at Newport Meet

On the Santiago run, the Immola Red M3 spun out of control, flipped upside down, and one person died. no joke, his name was James. he burned to death because he was wedged in the back. this was a result of the driver going way over 100mph on a semi-sharp turn and gravel chipped his car. the front passenger survived with no injuries, but the driver lost his car, and he is badly cut/bruised.

Here is my perception of what happened:

I was in Scott's car (the guy with the E46 328i) and we were going about 60 and when we turn that corner, we see a mountain of flames. I was saying to myself please dont let it be one of the M's. when we got closer to the scene, i saw the M rim, and I saw that it was the Immola Red M3. I jetted out of the car, and started running towards the car, I hear some guy screaming for help, then when I get closer to the car, I hear three pops so I backed off. then the screaming from James ended. I knew that his life was over. there was nothing that anyone could do.

One of the guys is another M3 say his best friend burn to death, it wasnt a pretty site. There were a total of 4 E46 M3's , 1 burned down, 1 passed them up, and 2 stayed behind and helped out.

Then a whole bunch of motorist from both sides of traffic stopped their cars, and began helping out. one lady in a red civic hb had her window rolled down and said "thats what you fuckers get for street racing" everyone tried to call 911, but it was giving us the busy signal. and finally someone got through.

After Scott called 911, some guy in a truck comes up to the silver E46 M3 and asks "whose car is this" and then Socal M3 was on his cell phone, and says "its mine" and then the guy said "well come over here and sit on the curb, your being detained" after that, he busts out his badge. and then one passer by said "your a cop, thank god" and thats when me, scott, and the two guys in the TI's said fuck it, we dont want to get involved, so we turned around and left, coz we couldnt handle shit like that.

I think the reason why this happened was that the guy in the Immola Red M3 wanted to beat the SMG Black M3, we all knew that he wasnt going to do it, the SMG M3 was just too fast, but then this guy was so determined to beat him, and he just couldnt do it, which resulted in him causing him to lose his car, someone else's life, and putting someone else in jeopardy.

Its obvious that the guy in the Immola Red is going be in jail these are some of the reasons why:

1. Street Racing (felony)
    2. 1st Degree Murder (life in prison w/ or w/o parole)
    3. Speeding
    4. Exceeding 100 mph (felony)
    5. Endangering Passengers

I dont know much more about it, but I think that everyone who attended this meet, should find out when the funeral services are, and to attended, its the least that we can do, considering that most people dont know who he is, but he didnt deserve this, to end his life at an early age.

This meet wouldnt have ended if everyone went on the run as a group, instead of running red lights, and speeding and cutting people off. we were broken up 3-4 different groups. and scorp didnt have his cell # on the directions which he should have done, so that we can tell him to wait so that everyone can catch up. another thing is that one of the guys who was in the Immola Red was trying to contact people with the walkie talkies on channel 71 or channel 7, and no one was answering. Im sure that if we would have gone as a group, not speeding and keeping a straight line throughout the canyon, this would have never happened.

My Cars
    fortwo
    you don't know much about the law do you?:

this is exactly why i didn't go on the meet. my deepest condolences go out to the victim and his family. :

My Cars
    95 M3, Dart 1.4 6spd
    thats what i heard from other people in terms of what hes charged with
    1994 332is 5 Speed Turbo

Mods: Built S52, Wiseco 8.5:1, Cometic MLS 87mm, M50 Manifold, South Bend Stage 5, UUC 12lb. Flywheel, Siemens 60# Injectors, Garrett GT3586R Turbo, SPA Turbo Manifold, Spearco FMIC, Umnitza Lighting, H&R/Powerflex Suspension. Synapse BOV, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, Defi Gauges, Apex ARC-8 18x8.5, Michelin Pilot Super Sport 235/40/18.

Soon: Roll Cage, Headliner, GReddy Profec B Spec 2, Apexi Turbo Timer

510whp/500wtq @ 18psi on 91 Craptane
    Tuned by Bret B @ Technica Motorsports

See all of the info about my car on my Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...304343&sk=info

My Cars
    turbo NSX
    Essentially the group got split into many after fashion island because I was told a different set of directions - on the cruise directions it was MacArthur to San Miguel, this is the only way I knew to go and this was the way I drove the week prior to the meet. When we got there (the parking garage) I was told we were going a 'more direct' way to PCH, and it was briefly outlined to me. When time came to leave I was told the red M3's were going in the front, so I started up and got ready to leave, then waited for the guy who knew where to go to get in front. I didn't know where I was going, and then everyone lined up behind me... I tried to contact someone on the radio without sucess (my radio was a piece of shit), and it took a bit of time before the 7 or 8 cars that were following me got to PCH. We must have been around 10 minutes behind the other group(s). We did the directions to the letter, hit Santiago and ended at the Spectrum. Once at the spectrum 6-7 of us met in a remote parking lot, then everyone headed home. It was my first attempt to organize anything, and as you can see it got messed up relativly quickly...

The group I was with went a steady 60mph (50mph is the speed limit) through the canyons, this was due to two factors... one, we were behind a pickup truck, and two there was no need to go much faster than 60mph. There is no excuse for going 100mph through some of those areas of Santiago, but at the same time we all do stupid things on occasion... My condolences go out to all those involved, as well as their friends and family.

My Cars
    F-Pace | E55 Wagon
    My condolences go ou to James's family and friends...

Its very sad....

R.I.P James
    -----

My Cars
    95 BMW 325is. STOCK.
    wait a sec.. how could he be charged for 1st degree murder? i'm confused on that part.

My Cars
    95 BMW 325is. STOCK.
    anyways.. condolences go out to his family and his friends.

be careful guys! one emotional high from beating another car in a race isnt worth losing your life over. remember that. what would you rather have? your life.. or your win in that race.. jus think about that. if you ask me.. i could care less about a race, if it puts my life in danger. i'd much rather have my car in one piece and myself alive than well we all know the outcome. you guys know what i'm saying.

My Cars
    99 M3
    Thats sad if you heard the poor guy screamin for life. My condolences to his family. Make sure you get some counceling, thats the stuff nightmares are made of!

My Cars
    Lots
    Holy crap. That is so sad and so preventable.

My Cars
    Formerly 01 Ph. Yellow M3, now 2004 Black S4
    holy fucking shit... God grant him peace... i pray he didnt feel but 2 seconds of that before letting go... i can barely read this without a knot in my stomach and getting the shakes.. i woulda flipped out if i had seen that... RIP dude
    Patrick

My Cars
    Lots
    A couple of notes for people who invariably will not drive safely on these runs.

1. Never drive on these runs in the rain or wet. This wasn't a factor here but think about it.

2. Do not let yourself get put into the backseat of a 2 door car. Ever

3. Drive with all of the windows down. If the car flips and the doors crumple or are blocked, the window is your only way out. This is why you do not ever want to be in the backseat of a 2 door.

4. If you are a passenger, you have the right to tell the driver to slow down. It's your life too.

5. If you are a passenger, do not egg on the driver to go faster. If he's too slow, maybe it's because he doesn't have the ability or is just smarter than you think. Go find another, faster ride.

6. Just say no.

My Cars
    Several
    Sounds to me like the Driver deserves everything he's got coming to him. Sorry to hear about the others that were hurt/killed for ones stupid actions. Its always sad how the innocent one is the one who dies and the stupid that get off with their life.

He will be in my prayers..
    1st Force Reconnaissance Co. (USMC) 1998-2001

My Cars
    2004 330Ci
    My good friend died at 21, because he was the passenger in somone's s4, they broke 130 m.ph. and tried to make up for missing an exit sign by swerving, lost control, spun out, and both burn to death. My friend was a professional basketball player in europe, and came here for an education, he had a scholarship to a UC school that i wont mention. The driver was 20 years old going to school and had everything going for him in his life. His mom has gone temporarly insane, and younger cousin in a manic depressent now.

To those that don't see the BIG picture, you not only loose your life or maybe your passnegers life, but think of the lives you leave behind so hurt, and lost without you. certain things are simply not worth it. Learn from others mistakes. I am very sorry to hear what happened.

R.I.P.
    Manouk &
    Shant

R.I.P.
    Kevin.

My Cars
    Not a BMW
    uh, did this E46 red M3 happen to have an ac shnitzer roof spoiler, trunk spoiler and hamann eyebrows?

My Cars
    M3's
    I really hope this isn't who I think it might be.
    Scott

Current performance car:

2001 700HP/RWD Protomotive 996TT, 6-MT, 10.6 @ 135 - 1.80 60' (Best mph - 136).
    RWD conversion, GT3-RS clutch/flywheel, JIC Cross 7kg/10kg coil-over, 18" BBS RS-GT's, SSK, 3-M Clearbra.

Gone, but not forgotten:

1998 MKIV Supra Turbo / 1 of 9 QS Autos in the USA - 711 rwhp
    2003 BMW ///M3, SMG, AA Supercharged, 416 rwhp - 12.1 @ 117
    2005 BMW ///M3, Interlagos Blue, ZCP, SMG - 13.3 @ 105
    2001 BMW ///M5, Anthracite
    2004 Porsche Cayenne S, Black
    2003 Mustang Mach 1, Torch Red, 5-MT - 13.2 @ 106

My Cars
    e30/36/46 325/M3/330

This the car?
    Last edited by TC535i; 10-05-2003 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dallasfan824
    TC does not want ghey hookers you silly.

My Cars
    2004 GSX-R 600
    whoa that is sad. myself and 6 other bimmers met at the parking structure near bloomingdales and couldnt find you guys so we all just left. R.I.P James

My Cars
    turbo NSX
    Was the M3 a coupe or a vert? There were 2 'verts there and 1 coupe as far as I can remember, if it was a coupe here is the back picture of the above M3 - it's a 6spd I/R coupe. I don't remember it having 2 passengers though...

My Cars
    '03 M3, '92 525i
    My thoughts and prayers go out to all invovled. STAY SAFE GUYS, this was a needless tragedy, and I hope we can all learn from his mistakes to prevent anything like this from happening again.
    '03 E46 M3 - "Brittney"
    '92 E34 525i - "Ivanka"

My Cars
    08 M6 Coupe
    holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit

My Cars
    02' Z06
    danm my thoughts exactly I thought I was in the last group through the canyon with Scorp965 cause we all got lost but thats just sad and unnessicary.
    '99 M Coupe SOLD
    AA Supercharged, B&B Exhaust, H&R Coilovers w/Rouge Mounts, Custom Paint, BBS RGR's Custom Color, LTW Flywheel, Subframe FIX, Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator, Stewart WP, UUC Pulleys, UUC Trans Mounts and Cups, M50 Mani Swap
    www.engineeredimages.com/subframefix/

'95 M3 Cosmo SOLD
    : http://www.engineeredimages.com/
    "Every BMW Begins Life As A
    Meticulously Engineered Blur."

My Cars
    Audi, BMW, Mercedes.
    May the lord grant mercy and peace to the victim and his family.

I too went to the wrong place. I was sorry to miss all the rest of you, now I am not As a company that builds performance components I can't stress enough that we must be careful out on the streets. No speed thrill is worth your life or the life of a friend.

This terrible tragedy should be a stark reminder to all of us!

Jeff
    Eurobahn

My Cars
    '01 M5,'95 325is,'82 320
    This is horrible. Prayers go out to his family and friends...

...what a drag, what a drag.

Steve

My Cars
    1999 E36 M3
    Yes. I also heard about this happeneing and myself and a group of others got lost and began to look for you guys but didnt work out. So we all left when we got to irvine spectrum. My condolences to his family. That really sux man. I feel really bad. We should all attend the Funeral.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast