Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pontiac G8 vs. BMW E60... Ha Ha Right??

My Cars
    02 E39 M5/13 VW Touareg

Pontiac G8 vs. BMW E60... Ha Ha Right??

So Bimmer nation, what do you make of this commercial? Admittedly, I was already in a pi$$y mood when I saw this advert for the first time, as my beloved Tarheels we getting pounded on by Kansas in the Final Four. But seeing Pontiac's marketing team take a swing at the 5-Series E60 made me chuckle. I'm just looking forward to a brain dead G8 owner pull up next to me... Ha Ha...

Let the fun begin...

My Cars
    That
    While they arent as quality cars and as pretty as a BMW the G8 Gt still has 361Hp...

Not bad for the 29k sticker.

My Cars
    328 xi
    HAHAH, I think american marketing strategies are pathetic. Its an honor that they say its better than the 5 series because its shows that we are the BEST! Nice M5 btw.

My Cars
    That
    Quote Originally Posted by Driv3r View Post
    HAHAH, I think american marketing strategies are pathetic. Its an honor that they say its better than the 5 series because its shows that we are the BEST! Nice M5 btw.
    You're stupid...

Please close this thread.

My Cars
    Slick Top
    lol

My Cars
    98 328i, Hemi Ram, CTS+4
    No biggie... taking shots at BMW is nothing new.

My Cars
    93 525i, 98 M3 Saloon
    How DARE they compare their peasant-mobile to my magnificent German car? I laugh heartily at their pathetic australian sedan. I dread that the owners of these motor carriages (who lack a reasoning faculty and probably an immortal soul) would see fit to attempt a conversation with me whist I am piloting my Bavarian wonder-wagon. If he should do so then i will surely have a hearty guffaw at his expense.

My Cars
    1994 prelude vtec, 2000 M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by zweisimmen View Post
    I'm just looking forward to a brain dead G8 owner pull up next to me... Ha Ha...

Let the fun begin...
    wow, i can't wait for a 30k car go up against an 70-80k car (when new)

i'm sure guys in a new caddy cts-v would love to pull up next to you.
    "I'm a ricer because I have z3 fenders"

My Cars
    E34 540i, E36 325is, E83 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by Snork View Post
    How DARE they compare their peasant-mobile to my magnificent German car? I laugh heartily at their pathetic australian sedan. I dread that the owners of these motor carriages (who lack a reasoning faculty and probably an immortal soul) would see fit to attempt a conversation with me whist I am piloting my Bavarian wonder-wagon. If he should do so then i will surely have a hearty guffaw at his expense.
    @ peasant-mobile and Bavarian wonder-wagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    SRSCAT is right.

My Cars
    4runner, E30, CBR1100xx
    It is better looking than the 5 series too.

My Cars
    1994 prelude vtec, 2000 M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    @ peasant-mobile and Bavarian wonder-wagon.
    i think it would be funnier if he said "Bavarian Vunder Vagon"

"I'm a ricer because I have z3 fenders"

My Cars
    2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by thedaddy View Post
    It is better looking than the 5 series too.
    I disagree. The rear end of it looks quite horrible. 5 series is just okay though.

My Cars
    4runner, E30, CBR1100xx
    Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    I disagree. The rear end of it looks quite horrible. 5 series is just okay though.
    I never liked the new 5, 6 or 7 series. The style hsa gone the wrong way IMO.

The back end of the G8 is pretty bad, but atleast it looks a little aggressive.

My Cars
    1 dead e30 :(
    I would take a G8 over an e60. The e60 is hideous, and the G8 is a really good car for the money. I personally think the G8 is a much better looking car than the e60, even if the back end is a little off.

You should really try to get rid of your elitist attitude, and try to become a true enthusiast. A true car enthusiast can appreciate a good car, and give credit where credit is due.

e28 535is (SOLD) | e30 325i (DEAD) | e34 540i (SOLD) | e82 135i (SOLD)

My Cars
    e36
    Damn, the OP is exactly the kind of person who gives BMW drivers a bad name. From the tests I have watched, the G8 has nearly identical performance characteristics to an e60 5 series (i'm referring to handling/braking stuff), refer to Edmunds video review, for example. The G8 even has the same suspension setup, I think: MacPherson struts and semi trailing arms. When the sports version of the G8 comes out, you can kiss the e60 goodbye in terms of performance. Might even give the M5 a run for its money.

I am sure the BMW is much more luxurious, and overall it is probably a better car, but it damn well better be at more than DOUBLE the price.

My Cars
    98' 328is, 03' Passat
    I don't watch TV much anymore...what commercial is this?
    1998 SchwartzII 328is 5MT | 2003 Fresco Green Passat 5MT | 2008 Monacoblau Z4 3.0si Roadster 6MT (gone) | 1993 Lagunegrun 325is 5MT (gone) | 1993 Alpine Weiss 325is 5MT (gone)

My Cars
    2004 E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicpentatonic View Post
    I would take a G8 over an e60. The e60 is hideous, and the G8 is a really good car for the money. I personally think the G8 is a much better looking car than the e60, even if the back end is a little off.

You should really try to get rid of your elitist attitude, and try to become a true enthusiast. A true car enthusiast can appreciate a good car, and give credit where credit is due.
    The E60 is beautiful. The flagship of hot in sedan form

My Cars
    1994 530i Oxford Green Sedan
    I saw the pontiac commerical on youtube.com. I think it's this one.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR9plT_UU6Y[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=996y8RK5bTs[/ame]

I think the G8 is king of the crap cars, but doesn't touch the M5 series. I don't think it would touch the 550/540 series either, but tests will show that eventually.

The transmission and handling are important in a sports sedan. I'm not seeing that here. Also, diptards need to learn how to put a hood on a car. But that's just points to how much they paid attention to detail.

My Cars
    93 525i, 98 M3 Saloon
    On second thought, after viewing that commercial, pontiac is annoying and i hope their marketing people realise how retarded their whole approach is. If only they sold it as a holden commodore... the front end of that looks better too.

My Cars
    '11 328xiT/6, '99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Snork View Post
    On second thought, after viewing that commercial, pontiac is annoying and i hope their marketing people realise how retarded their whole approach is. If only they sold it as a holden commodore... the front end of that looks better too.
    Their approach is actually quite good. The commerical aired during the Final Four, a hell of a good time to air a wild commerical like that.

People like you who say it should be toned down never really bought the GTO, which was constantly criticized as boring.
    -Denton

My Cars
    Coming soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoreauHD View Post
    I saw the pontiac commerical on youtube.com. I think it's this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR9plT_UU6Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=996y8RK5bTs

I think the G8 is king of the crap cars, but doesn't touch the M5 series. I don't think it would touch the 550/540 series either, but tests will show that eventually.

The transmission and handling are important in a sports sedan. I'm not seeing that here. Also, diptards need to learn how to put a hood on a car. But that's just points to how much they paid attention to detail.
    Those are particular cars in a series, not a series themselves. They're all 5ers...

The G8 isn't so bad...

My Cars
    E30 (Delores), W123
    The funny thing is that there really is no pleasing the people on this forum. If you asked the average BF.c member what the "perfect new car" would be (besides a remade E30 of course... ), the answer would probably somewhere along the lines of an E60 550i with more conservative styling, no iDrive, and half the price of what it's selling. The G8 is exactly this. Haters need to sit down. Good job, Pontiac, for making a car that average people and enthusiasts can enjoy (and afford).

My Cars
    93 525i, 98 M3 Saloon
    Quote Originally Posted by 4500 RPM View Post
    Their approach is actually quite good. The commerical aired during the Final Four, a hell of a good time to air a wild commerical like that.

People like you who say it should be toned down never really bought the GTO, which was constantly criticized as boring.
    Hey I think the GTO is great. I would say it looks better than this thing, closer to the original, and the performance figures are impressive. Cars like this in general are a nice change of pace: fewer electronic gadgets and assistances, more raw in general, like the old m5.

My Cars
    e46
    I wish the Americans would just stop making cars. I also think enthusiasts should have an elitist attitude.

A girl at my work drives a Pontiac. I told her she has absolutely no taste.

Remember people: There is a reason we got the idea to get a BMW. It's because we have good taste in cars. Feel good that you are superior to American car drivers in every imaginable way.

My Cars
    N/A
    I wish that Detroit would make more cars like the CTS, IMO it is the best American sedan out there. Nothing holds a candle to an E30 though, I would do terrible things to own an E30 M3.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast