Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: My C38 Stage II+ Progress...w/ Pics

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3

My C38 Stage II+ Progress...w/ Pics

I snapped a bunch of pics, so I figured I might as well post them up cause we all love looking at FI pics...

In short, I am swapping in an M50 mani, Upgrading to Stage II, doing a pulley swap from stage II and adding meth/water injection.

Here is the old mani and injectors installed:

OBDII mani off, ready for some vacuum hose re-routing and new injectors:

Good time to pull this baby and clean the hell out of it...on cold starts, my car would do a little idle huntings for a few short minutes. I'm hoping this will help the problem:

Out with the old, in with the BLUE:

Stage I on the left, Stage II on the right. I think these will flow a little better...

SC out making room to install the M50 mani:

Buttoned up with the new injectors in place:

New S/C pulley from Wheel2Wheel Performance compared to Stage I:

New pulley installed on S/C and new belt installed:

Shots showing size of intercooler:

Continued in post two due to picture limit per post

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    Before and After installation of the intercooler:

Replacing all worm drive clamps with T-Bolts on the pressurized side:

My laundry list:
    -More charge pipe routing from passenger side intercooler outlet to the throttle still has to take place.
    -ECU is currently with AA getting the Stage II map flashed onto it.
    -Have to install my Autometer boost gauge and run the vacuum hose into the cabin and through the dash and get power to it.
    -I drilled and tapped the aluminum elbow to the throttle for the meth injection, but I still have to install the rest of the kit. (Snow Performance Stage II). I am going for a trunk mounted system...trying to keep it nice and clean.

In the mail:
    -New A/C belt and fuel filter on their way to be installed this weekend.
    -4 Gallons of Boost Juice and a low level indicator as well from Snow Performance.
    -Will be ordering a gauge pod for the boost gauge tomorrow.

I am probably leaving some things out, but thats the gist of whats been going on with my car these days. I cannot wait to get her back on the road for the summer months. Puts a smile on my face just thinking about it.

My Cars
    skateboard
    very niceeee.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    Bus,Metro,Walk
    looking good!
    that looks like a killer set-up sp w/ that huge intercooler....
    what boost will it be giving you w/ the smaller pulley?

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    ^ I'm thinking around 11.5psi or so. I won't really know though until I get it up and running.

My Cars
    TT Stg2 M3, 17 S1000R
    Nice...Looks like a lot of fun! Pretty cool and fun when adding new things to the car haha.
    '97 M3- GC Track/School|Spraco strut bar|X-brace|UUC Swaybarbarians|w/ VMC adj End links| UUC systemU|SouthBend stg5 clutch|Powerflex RTAB/LCAB|UUC Red Tranny mounts|M50mani|Greddy EBC|Innovate LC-1
    M52 Crank, Cams, Pistons, Rods:

My Cars
    2013 Focus ST
    Did you have to get a special tune for the extra boost? Or will the Stage 2 tune work fine with the extra 1.5lbs?

Also, you def gotta give me a ride in this thing this summer
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.2Powerslut View Post
    I think the most these guys will have is knives. I have some paint buckets rigged up in a tree and i tarred the drive way and smashed christmas ornaments. I have done my research.
    Quote Originally Posted by triggrhaapi View Post
    The Hubble space telescope was put into space by Satan to test our faith.
    | Momentum Performance | CIN Motorsports | Top Speed | Berk | Nismo | UpRev |

My Cars
    00s400s495 M300e39
    damn.... sooon

My Cars
    e36 m3, e46 325, e36
    Glad to see you upgrading...the car should be really fun! So when you coming back to see how much more power you are making?

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Coming together
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    328i, 330i ZHP, X3
    Looks great, keep us updated. It looks funny seeing that small pulley on the C38.

How is the fitment of the intercooler and plumbing? Did everything mount right up without issue?
    '08 328i E92, '05 330i ZHP, '04 X3 3.0, '96 DASC 318is (gone), '96 M3 AA C38 (gone), '07 335i (gone)

My Cars
    99' M3, 10' FX2
    looks good bro'
    99' M3
    ~Boosted~

My Cars
    BMWs
    Looks good!

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    Thanks for the comments everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by dilat3d View Post
    Did you have to get a special tune for the extra boost? Or will the Stage 2 tune work fine with the extra 1.5lbs?

Also, you def gotta give me a ride in this thing this summer
    The fuel maps for Stage II are on the safe side, so the tune should be fine for the smaller pulley.

I made a note to AA that I will be using meth/h2o injection, so I am hoping they do not pull as much timing as they normally would for Stage II.

Quote Originally Posted by m3jasper View Post
    Glad to see you upgrading...the car should be really fun! So when you coming back to see how much more power you are making?
    Actually I wanted to get in touch with you about that. When is the next ICS dyno day??

My Cars
    2017 M2, Blown MCoupe,
    Awesome man!!

Don't know what stage one felt like, but the stage two setup is crazy.

I would like to know what you think the differences are between the two...how much more power you feel with the stage 2.

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    ^ I will definitely be posting my results and the feeling of stage I vs. stage II. Hopefully I'll even have both dyno graphs posted soon as well.

I saw the videos you posted recently of your car and it looks and sounds great. I hope mine runs as well as yours.

My Cars
    '96 M3; '12 Mercedes GL
    Very, very nice. Thanks for sharing the pictures too. My favorite is the one comparing the injectors. I suspect the new ones will flow a bit more... Good luck wrapping it up and keep the pictures coming!

My Cars
    2017 M2, Blown MCoupe,
    ^^

Yeah gas mileage is about 10mpg now, or maybe it's me....don't know.

Speaking of which let me take the gas pig out now and fill her up.

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    Just by comparing the stage I vs. stage II injectors, I realized my mileage might be effected a little bit

Good timing...right when gas prices are soaring haha. Well, I guess thats what the beater is for. Now I'm going to have to get a beater that gets good gas mileage. 318 here I come.

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    Quote Originally Posted by calypso View Post
    Looks great, keep us updated. It looks funny seeing that small pulley on the C38.

How is the fitment of the intercooler and plumbing? Did everything mount right up without issue?
    Just noticed I didn't answer you question...

To fit the intercooler, you have to trim down the bumper supports. A sawzall makes quick work of this. Then I cleaned it up with a 4" grinder. I then loosely connected the supplied brackets to the intercooler and wiggled/fitted/pushed/pulled it all around until I could get it mounted to the bumper support bases. A little bending of the bracket helped too.

So far the only plumbing I've done is from the s/c outlet to the driver's side of the intercooler. This went surprisingly smooth. Little tight, but smooth. Next I have the long run from the intercooler outlet to the throttle. Im sure there will be a lot of cursing and its going to be real real tight, but Im sure it will get done.

P.S. I love the little pulley on the S/C. It reminds me of the stage II or III E46 setups.

My Cars
    325i, 3/4ton Truck
    Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Stage I on the left, Stage II on the right. I think these will flow a little better...

will these work with the stock ECU (high impedance)?
    were did you get them?
    how much?
    #/cc rating?
    Becoming a Professional OT Troll . CAN Bus Project: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QuRBQzGs-c VGT/VNT +LDA controller: http://dmn.kuulalaakeri.org/vnt-lda/

Quote Originally Posted by [B]SilverBeam[/B]
    Dude you're the biggest asshole ever. I will never reply to your texts or call you back EVER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkchaser
    I'm Stupid
    Diesel > gas

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    These are the injectors that AA supplies with their C38 Stage II kit for the E36 M3. I do not have any info. on them right now other than that. AA does not post that much detailed info. about their kit components unfortunately.

Marco might be able to anwer that though...hopefully he will chime in.

My Cars
    2008 335, 2011 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    These are the injectors that AA supplies with their C38 Stage II kit for the E36 M3. I do not have any info. on them right now other than that. AA does not post that much detailed info. about their kit components unfortunately.

Marco might be able to anwer that though...hopefully he will chime in.
    42 lbers..
    2008 335I Space Grey,Black leather, Steptronic
    Vishnu Procede V3 (16-17 lb boost) ,AA FMIC,AA Discharge tube/BOV,AA Downpipes,AA Race Exhaust, AFE Elite intake,BSH catch can, OS Giken LSD, PSS10 suspension, H&R sway bars, Motorsport CF strut brace, Stoptech BBKS, Forgeline ZX3S 19 x 8.5 front and 19 x 9.5 rears w/P235 35 19 fronts and P275 30 19 rear Conti Extreme DW's,Motorsport alcantara digital steering wheel, P3 boost gauge..etc

2011 X3 X-Drive 35i, Mineral Silver, Oyster leather
    Hartge Power Pack tuner, H&R sport springs, Forgeline DE3S 19 x 9 Conti Extreme DW P245 45 19 all around, Supersprint Exhaust

AA Preferred Dealer

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by marc1119 View Post
    42 lbers..
    Those leave plenty of room for more boost down the line.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    99' M3, 10' FX2
    I have a extra (unused) set if anyone is interested...
    99' M3
    ~Boosted~

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast