Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eurotrip part 2 - New mods - Exterior complete

My Cars
    F-Pace | E55 Wagon

Eurotrip part 2 - New mods - Exterior complete

So I figured I would make one last thread for a while with pictures of my car seeing as how it recieved several new mods over the weekend. I also wanted to list off the mods so I could answer some questions regarding the car once and for all. I've officially completed everything I wanted to (minus the ACS mirrors) for the exterior and can move on to other aspects of the car

1998 540/6 Sport
    170,000 miles

Exterior:
    Retrofit Euro Hella Amber Celis taillights
    Euro Hellas with 6000k low beams
    DDM M5 front bumper with 6000k fogs
    Custom pulled/rolled fenders
    Custom pulled/rolled quarter panels
    Custom Boser Hood (metal extension)
    Euro Decklid
    Shaved Roundels/emblems front to back
    Shadowline Trim
    Chrome M5 kidneys

Wheels/Tires:
    Schmidt VN-Line wheels 19/11 front --- 19/10 front
    Falken 452's
    H&R 20mm spacer up front
    *sometimes* H&R 8mm spacer in back

Performance:
    Software
    Chipped
    Rogue SSK
    Bilstein PSS9s with no front helper springs
    TC Design thrust bearings
    Magnaflow High Flow cats
    Magnaflow Muffler
    Resonator Delete

Interior:
    ZHP shift knob
    e46 SMG M3 wheel
    M5 cluster rings
    Infinity speakers/tweeters/mids

And now the pics (haven't had much time to take good ones but these should give you a good idea of how low it is now and of the new mods):

More pics/Couple Night pics/High resolution versions:
    http://photos.tobinhosting.com/erics...ason/onseason/

And my usual disclaimer: suggestions are welcome but don't expect me to be swayed by negative comments...The car is not modded to everyones liking.
    Last edited by 525iT_Feen; 08-16-2008 at 03:16 PM.

My Cars
    M-Sport
    I want my car back NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

My Cars
    '84 e30 318i
    your car is entirely too sexy. lovin the hood and wheels. very unique.
    Quote Originally Posted by volodka1985 View Post
    I have a manual I6 e39 and it's a great car but sometimes when i need to accelerate fast and it doesn't( cause it can't) i just wanna slow down, pull over, open the hood and shoot the poor bastard in it's inline 6 heart....

My Cars
    e46
    Interior?

Nice car...
    2001 325xi Stahl Grau Metallic ZPP/ZCW, 5spd, HK Sound, Xenon Lamps
    Modifications: Clears, Interior swap (from wood to black/gray), Painted Calipers (Black), DICE Silverline, Bimmian iPod mount, Alcantara Shift/E-Brake boots, 18" ASA JH8's, K&N CAI, Front & Rear Rotora Strut brace, H&R sport springs, H&R Spacers, Debadged, M3 Rep Trunk Lip.

My Cars
    '84 533i (rip), '97 328i
    dude. awesome car.

My Cars
    F-Pace | E55 Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreNY View Post
    I want my car back NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    Told you it was in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballistic View Post
    your car is entirely too sexy. lovin the hood and wheels. very unique.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 01 325xi View Post
    Interior?

Nice car...

It will be improving over time. Starting with a system that retains the stock HU.

Quote Originally Posted by contor View Post
    dude. awesome car.
    Thanks!

My Cars
    01 540i
    How hard was it to put the m3 wheel in it? Do all the functions still work?>

My Cars
    04 545i sport
    Im a fan of everything except the shaved emblems. looks good

2004 BMW 545i sport: current
    2005 Cadillac Escalade: sold
    2005 LR Range Rover: sold
    2006 Infiniti M45 sport: sold
    2001 BMW 540i sport: sold

My Cars
    2008 e92 335i
    thats probably the meanest 540 ive seen... i love the hood and rims...awesome car

My Cars
    2003 530iA
    (MOUTH WATERING) i LUUUUUV

My Cars
    645,550i,c300,A6,300c
    Quote Originally Posted by 525iT_Feen View Post
    Told you it was in good hands.

Thanks!

It will be improving over time. Starting with a system that retains the stock HU.

Thanks!
    when your ready to upgrade your factory system make sure you get the JL Audio clean sweep, many people go with a hi-lo adaptor but the clean sweep is best for the factory unit and adding subs, video or whatever.

My Cars
    F-Pace | E55 Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Star View Post
    How hard was it to put the m3 wheel in it? Do all the functions still work?>
    The functions currently don't work and the airbag never will. When I get the harness from Andre and wire it all functions will work and I can just bypass my bag. I don't think the install was anymore difficult then any other wheel would be but you would have to ask Dre since he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonmcc View Post
    Im a fan of everything except the shaved emblems. looks good
    Yea, sometimes I wonder how it would look if they were still there. Especially on the hood. I like it now though.

Quote Originally Posted by BMW1023i View Post
    thats probably the meanest 540 ive seen... i love the hood and rims...awesome car
    Quote Originally Posted by Doru View Post
    (MOUTH WATERING) i LUUUUUV
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BKDBLR View Post
    when your ready to upgrade your factory system make sure you get the JL Audio clean sweep, many people go with a hi-lo adaptor but the clean sweep is best for the factory unit and adding subs, video or whatever.
    Link to product? I've heard good things. I actually want to do 1 w6 with a mono amp facing into the cabin and a false wall so this will probably work best.

My Cars
    530iM-02
    Nice 540, love the look you got going there.
    Keep up the good work.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    looking sweet .. need some tint .. what rear bumper are you going with in the future or are you going to stay stock ?

1998 540IA Arctic Silver, OEM M-Tech Bumpers, Koni FSD/Eibach Pro Kit, MKII Motorsport 18x8.5 and 18x10, M5 Style Mirrors, ACS Style Trunk and Roof Spoiler, OEM Hella Xenon Headlights 4300k blubs, Slim HID 3K Projector Fogs, Euro Hella Celis Taillights, OEM M5 Kidney Grill, 35% tint, magnaflow 18415

My Cars
    645,550i,c300,A6,300c
    The functions currently don't work and the airbag never will. When I get the harness from Andre and wire it all functions will work and I can just bypass my bag. I don't think the install was anymore difficult then any other wheel would be but you would have to ask Dre since he did it.

Yea, sometimes I wonder how it would look if they were still there. Especially on the hood. I like it now though.

Thanks!

Link to product? I've heard good things. I actually want to do 1 w6 with a mono amp facing into the cabin and a false wall so this will probably work best.
    http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?page_id=94
    It`s around $300 and its perfect...I have one in each vehicle....I bought it for the truck 1st because I could not by pass On-star...but when I added the apple hard drive and the I tunes to the BMW I found that It was the best intergration for our cars, along with the hard drive I have it running 2 10 inch cerwin vega v-max subs which sound deepand powerful even though I dont have a ski pass or port...also If you go the w6 route make sure your box is ported and you get a "priority switch" to go along with your capacitor, along with the juice that is saved with the cap the priority switch shuts your battery down once the voltage gets between 11-10 when the car is shut off, saving your battery over time so thing like the blower motor or etc will not be a drain once your car is in sleep mode.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 540i M-Tech
    Phi Slamma Jamma!!!!!

Looks great.

My Cars
    2002 525i
    Im feelin the hood the most

My Cars
    00' 528i, 11' Legacy
    Ambar Celis FTMFW!!!!

Looks great man!!!
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION

- 2000 528i Sport
    -
    Got any questions about my car? Feel free to PM me!

My Cars
    01 dinan 7 sport, 83 733

i wouldnt waste the money on a clean sweep. check out m5board for the thread on removing the dsp amp all together. you can use the stock hu to provide a 5v balanced line signal and then use aftermarket amps for the door components and subs. ive been trying all methods to get this crappy system to sound good and i cant help but be dissapointed in the stock crossover. the sub's lowpass is at 40hz. the speakers get a highpass at 80hz. i cant remember the other gaps from the top of my head but if you use a clean sweep you are summing the signals but leaving out frequencies. until i found this out, i was wondering why my subs didnt sound as good as they did in my 3 series with a clean signal from an aftermarket hu.

My Cars
    2000 528
    Finally you've posted some good pics of your whip. Love the wheels, drop, lights, I'm kinda nuetral on the hood front. but looks awesome. I'd love to see her in person, but your a little far from me. lol

My Cars
    Pull n Release
    Ok how can I gets a boser hood? That is hotness!! I have always loved that car. It was at my first meet ever and nothing can compare to it. I remember when Andre had it and my dumb ass thought I can keep up with him.....yet he kept toying with me! Soon.............................................. ......soon..........................

Another FP5241 Creation
    Parting out M54 Engine. Intake and all. Cats avail as well. PM ME!

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    525iT_Feen...Are you running Springs or Coilovers?What are your specs on suspension

My Cars
    645,550i,c300,A6,300c
    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeCamber View Post
    i wouldnt waste the money on a clean sweep. check out m5board for the thread on removing the dsp amp all together. you can use the stock hu to provide a 5v balanced line signal and then use aftermarket amps for the door components and subs. ive been trying all methods to get this crappy system to sound good and i cant help but be dissapointed in the stock crossover. the sub's lowpass is at 40hz. the speakers get a highpass at 80hz. i cant remember the other gaps from the top of my head but if you use a clean sweep you are summing the signals but leaving out frequencies. until i found this out, i was wondering why my subs didnt sound as good as they did in my 3 series with a clean signal from an aftermarket hu.
    In the Bmw I only have the clean sweep running the subs and the signal from my hard drive....my stock amp (non DSP)runs the factory speakers up front (the rears where changed to Memphis Audio that run on another amp) my subs run on 2 additional amps which supply correct signals, all is very well balanced thru an e.q. set up on the hardrive.....my system is crazy and will be simplified when i add the pioneer Z2

My Cars
    F-Pace | E55 Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by Berggren View Post
    Nice 540, love the look you got going there.
    Keep up the good work.
    Thanks. I'll try.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptom540 View Post
    looking sweet .. need some tint .. what rear bumper are you going with in the future or are you going to stay stock ?
    No tint. Don't like it. I'm going to search for a Zender add on lip. They've been discontinued and are very rare, which is what I love about it most.

I'll find it.

Quote Originally Posted by BKDBLR View Post
    http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?page_id=94
    It`s around $300 and its perfect...I have one in each vehicle....I bought it for the truck 1st because I could not by pass On-star...but when I added the apple hard drive and the I tunes to the BMW I found that It was the best intergration for our cars, along with the hard drive I have it running 2 10 inch cerwin vega v-max subs which sound deepand powerful even though I dont have a ski pass or port...also If you go the w6 route make sure your box is ported and you get a "priority switch" to go along with your capacitor, along with the juice that is saved with the cap the priority switch shuts your battery down once the voltage gets between 11-10 when the car is shut off, saving your battery over time so thing like the blower motor or etc will not be a drain once your car is in sleep mode.
    Good sh*t man, i never knew any of this and will definitely follow your directions! Thanks a ton once again.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSapphire View Post
    Phi Slamma Jamma!!!!!

Looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by x13alle12x View Post
    Im feelin the hood the most
    Quote Originally Posted by FP5241 View Post
    Ambar Celis FTMFW!!!!

Looks great man!!!
    Thanks guys!

My Cars
    2000 5401 6Spd; '97 Mercedes C280, '03 Ford Focus

Nice ride!! Really love the hood and the stance, like me,

you need tint. You should be very proud of what you've been able to accomplish!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast