Page 71 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2146616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2052

Thread: Carsoft Success!

My Cars
    730D e38
    Hello, can you send me please the password for carsoft? I have crack folder with 4 files. Thanks.

Michal.Humlicek@centrum.cz

My Cars
    2000 BMW e46 saloon

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by w1ggy2002 View Post
    Nice one David,
    But can you please tell us all how you did it eventually. I have tried for weeks and can only manage live data using obdII and 20 pin. Pc crashes on any other scan ????? And I have tried this on various Models of BMW.
    Cheers

Your pc mite haven't enough memory I had same problem with progman software.

My Cars
    bmw 325 tds
    hey guys i also am having a problem i get bad communication issue i need the proper 10 file crack as i lost the cd that came with the interface thanks ,email : oowwnn@sapo.pt

My Cars
    325TD
    Hello!
    First of all, sorry for my english.

I have ordered from China this kit (see image bellow)

I install'd BMW Scanner (PaSoft) V1.3.6 who came along with interface and adapters.
    Then i connected 20pin adapter to my e36 93" and to PC's COM port.
    Power and K-Line led indicators turned on (Both was red color)
    When i started to scan for DME it showed an error "No communication with unit"

And with BMW CarSoft 6.5SP1 it showed "Bad Communication" too...
    But with Carsoft on unit sync K-Line led turned green, but when it show'ed error it turned back to red color...

I disambled 20pin adapter and there i found 3 wire who was connected to RS232. GND 19pin, +12V 14pin and on wire to 20pin.
    pin 15, 17, 20 was soldered with wires together...

Anny ideas why i can't run diagnostic ?

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    Why would a PA Soft interface work for Carsoft? Different company..different software.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    325TD
    Quote Originally Posted by IcemanBHE View Post
    Why would a PA Soft interface work for Carsoft? Different company..different software.

But the PA Soft does not work too....

My Cars
    e93 and e89
    Hello David

Hope you are doing good.
    I'm getting these codes (car is runs fine and it has a Cold Air intake)
    Can you help me?

DME/DDE module

18 EMS - faulty signal / signal cam shaft encoder (MS43)

From the electronic-Wegfahr backup (EMS) took place at the
    Launch attempt no release for the DME.
    Check the battery in the ignition key, the connections
    At the EMS and the ERM link - DME.

ZKE/ZVM module

7 module is not coded

Airco/HKL module

1 temperaturwählrad right

Thank you
    Air

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    It is telling you that there has been a problem with the EWS and to check the supply voltage at the ignition and electrical connections between the EMS and DME. This could have resulted from an intermittent fault, blown fuse or low battery voltage. My first suspicion would be battery voltage (below 12.5v at the diagnostic port). The airco/HKL fault relates to the temperature control knob for the aircon and is usually just caused by an accumulation of dust behind the control panel - taking the faceplate off and blowing it out with low pressure compressed air usually does the trick.

Clean the battery terminals, check the battery charge and clean behind the aircon control faceplate, then clear the error codes and see if anything resets.

My Cars
    e93 and e89
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    It is telling you t........
    David, Thank you very much AGAIN!!! Cheers mate!!!

My Cars
    e93 and e89
    It is telling you that there has been a problem with the EWS and to check the supply voltage at the ignition and electrical connections between the EMS and DME. This could have resulted from an intermittent fault, blown fuse or low battery voltage. My first suspicion would be battery voltage (below 12.5v at the diagnostic port). The airco/HKL fault relates to the temperature control knob for the aircon and is usually just caused by an accumulation of dust behind the control panel - taking the faceplate off and blowing it out with low pressure compressed air usually does the trick.

Clean the battery terminals, check the battery charge and clean behind the aircon control faceplate, then clear the error codes and see if anything resets.
    David
    So i checked my battery with the carsoft and it is at 13.9 v; therefore what fuse could be blown? and do i need to remove the whole heater/air unit in order to blow air on the back of the unit?
    Thanks for your help

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by amcink View Post
    David
    So i checked my battery with the carsoft and it is at 13.9 v; therefore what fuse could be blown? and do i need to remove the whole heater/air unit in order to blow air on the back of the unit?
    Thanks for your help
    Put a voltmeter between pin 14 (Battery +) and pin 19 (Ground) of the 20 pin diagnostic port and make sure that you have better than 12.5 volts at the port. You will need to check the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual for your car as BMW seem to have an aversion for using just one fuse when they can use half a dozen to control different functions but if the horn relay is interchangeable with the DME relay on your particular car, it may be worth swapping relays as the DME relay gets lots more use than the horn relay and can generate intermittent power faults when it is on the way out. The aircon thing only needs you to remove the faceplate from the dash, there is no point in blowing air on the back of the unit. Normally it is just a minute amount of dust that becomes slightly conductive as the result of exposure to atmospheric moisture which sets the fault code. If you are not bothered by the code, you can always just wait for a day with low humidity and let the moisture evaporate - you will probably find that then you can just clear the code and it won't reset until the weather turns damp again.
    Last edited by David Mc; 05-17-2012 at 12:46 AM.

My Cars
    Multiple e46s

e46 Airbag light will not reset - no active codes

Hi David, a member here posted on my e46fanatics post to visit you here as you may have some insight. Please allow me to thank you for your time before we begin....I wasn't able to PM/email you so I thought I'd try here. I apologize as it is not really in regards to this thread

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I have used my setup to successfully reset others airbags as well as coding and testing my vehicles. So let's start with this is not a configuration/set-up issue on INPA or DIS or anything else pulling codes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have the SRS light illuminated. All connections have been checked and appear tight. Fuse 11 for Airbag and Side Airbag is good and seated well.

Running INPA and DIS I can see 10 stored fault codes, none of which are active codes. Both apps read the 10 codes the same and neither app is able to reset the light/module by erasing the codes. The error is something to the effect of : {error ecu rejected} instead of {ok}

Any ideas? Is my control module dead? I would't think so since I can read the codes but I am unsure and second guessing myself at this point.

Errors:

ECU MRS4 Part#6933238
    10 Errors in memory!

240 Internal Error
    Error Frequency 1
    Error not currently present
    Error not sporadic

240 Internal Error
    Error Frequency 1
    Error not sporadic

6 Ignition circuit zk5 / side airbag front right
    Error Frequency 1
    Resistance too large
    Error not sporadic

1 Ignition circuit zk0 / airbag driver stage 1
    Error Frequency 1
    Resistance too large
    Error not sporadic

240 Internal Error
    Error Frequency 1
    Error not sporadic

240 Internal Error
    Error Frequency 1
    Error not sporadic

4 Ignition circuit zk3 / airbag passenger stage 1
    Error Frequency 1
    Resistance too large
    Error not sporadic

3 Ignition circuit zk2 / belt tensioner passenger
    Error Frequency 1
    Resistance too large
    Error not sporadic

240 Internal Error
    Error Frequency 1
    Error not sporadic

240 Internal Error
    Error Frequency 1
    Error not sporadic
    Last edited by xanthoxx; 05-24-2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: .

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Okay, I only have an Electrical Troubleshooting Manual for the early E46's but looking at it, both the driver's and passenger airbag side impact sensors and the seat belt switch are powered from Fuse 42. Since you are unable to clear the fault codes, this means that the fault still exists and since fuse 42 seems to be the common link, my bet is that either the fuse or the wiring link is damaged. When checking fuses a visual inspection is not good enough, pull the fuse and check it with a multimeter. My ETM also shows some power to the SRS module is supplied via Fuse 27 (you will find both fuses in the front power distribution box).

TIS also contains some service information about repairing damaged airbag wiring harnesses for certain models and it may be worth checking to see if your car is listed as a potentially affected model. Other than the above info, I need to know more about how and when the fault occurred but bear in mind that the SRS module is also only good for 3 crashes (i.e. 3 crashes where the airbags are deployed) after which the module must be replaced.

My Cars
    Multiple e46s
    Okay, I only have an Electrical Troubleshooting Manual for the early E46's but looking at it, both the driver's and passenger airbag side impact sensors and the seat belt switch are powered from Fuse 42. Since you are unable to clear the fault codes, this means that the fault still exists and since fuse 42 seems to be the common link, my bet is that either the fuse or the wiring link is damaged. When checking fuses a visual inspection is not good enough, pull the fuse and check it with a multimeter. My ETM also shows some power to the SRS module is supplied via Fuse 27 (you will find both fuses in the front power distribution box).

TIS also contains some service information about repairing damaged airbag wiring harnesses for certain models and it may be worth checking to see if your car is listed as a potentially affected model. Other than the above info, I need to know more about how and when the fault occurred but bear in mind that the SRS module is also only good for 3 crashes (i.e. 3 crashes where the airbags are deployed) after which the module must be replaced.
    Thank you.

The car has no accidents, no airbag deployment, is garage kept with 60K miles. 330ci mfg 10/2003 (2k4Model) The harness' have never been disconnected or anything of the nature. All parts are original, including the module. The light simply appeared while driving for no apparent reason.

Intitial tests on 42 and 27 are they are good. Multimeter used.

When you say the error is still present, why would the codes read as not present/active? That is what has me thrown here. I figured the ecu would reject if code was still present, but the readout confuses me.
    Last edited by xanthoxx; 05-24-2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: ..

My Cars
    325 I E46
    Hi guys
    its been a while
    its just because my baby runs so good, is this rarely that i have to use my Carsoft
    but i had an issue with Carsoft not comunicating with the DME
    but did with the other modules
    so i removed and re installed Carsoft
    its version 6.5.06
    i just want to ask if this is the lattest and greatest?
    or should i get a new upgrade
    thanks to all

and i see good old David Mc is still "the man"
    cheers brother
    Fern.
    Ego sum Abbas cucaniensis
    et consiglium meum ist cum BIMMER PILOTS

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Xanthoxx, my apologies that will teach me to read posts more thoroughly and also to refer to the correct wiring diagram info. WDS gives a good explanation of the SRS system functions for the E46 here http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/zin...-001651000.htm and this E46 SRS location.png shows the location of the module and related grey 50 pin connector under the centre console.

The usual caution applies when working on anything associated with the airbag system (i.e. DISCONNECT BATTERY FIRST) but it looks as though an internal fault may have developed within the airbag module. As you have already checked the fuses, the only avenue that I can suggest is disconnecting the battery for an hour (assuming that you have the radio security code) and then allowing the module to re-boot in the hope that the internal fault clears.

Bimmermig, Carsoft v6.5.06 was the last free version of Carsoft available. Later versions are genuine-only and are protected via a security dongle.

My Cars
    325 I E46
    Hi David, thanks again
    as usual your advise is the best and very much appreciated

Hello fellas
    now that my Carsoft is working again
    i have decided to investigate this weird snag that i have ever since try it for the first time (and ignored)

this is the thing:

Single diagnosis ZKE/ZVM - status error
    ZKE 5
    supplier: Siemens
    part nr: 6 914 368
    software nr: 20
    hardware nr: 11
    code index: 2
    diagnosis index: 40
    bus index: 12
    production date: 19/02
    zke4.dxt

7 Module not coded

61 fuse for passenger-compartment sensor
    single diagnosis completed.

another one misterious

HKL diagnosis - status: ERROR - read the error memory

but there's no such a thing as HKL on Carsoft perform diagnosis nor erease error memory menus

my baby works fine everything works fine
    so that's why i've decided to ignore those snags
    but now, if somebody has seen this before and has some pointers
    it will be great to see this
    and very much appreciated

another question:
    how do you convert PDB files (from the diagnosis files) into something we can use to post?
    it takes a helluva lot of time to write each snag
    cant find no PDB/TXT converter on google

thanks in advance

Fern
    Last edited by Bimmermig; 05-25-2012 at 02:38 PM.
    Ego sum Abbas cucaniensis
    et consiglium meum ist cum BIMMER PILOTS

My Cars
    Multiple e46s
    Unfortunately, didn't work. I left the battery disconnected 12 hrs. Apparently this issue is growing, here is another thread for it....

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1622709

Xanthoxx, my apologies that will teach me to read posts more thoroughly and also to refer to the correct wiring diagram info. WDS gives a good explanation of the SRS system functions for the E46 here http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/zin...-001651000.htm and this E46 SRS location.png shows the location of the module and related grey 50 pin connector under the centre console.

The usual caution applies when working on anything associated with the airbag system (i.e. DISCONNECT BATTERY FIRST) but it looks as though an internal fault may have developed within the airbag module. As you have already checked the fuses, the only avenue that I can suggest is disconnecting the battery for an hour (assuming that you have the radio security code) and then allowing the module to re-boot in the hope that the internal fault clears.

Bimmermig, Carsoft v6.5.06 was the last free version of Carsoft available. Later versions are genuine-only and are protected via a security dongle.
    Last edited by xanthoxx; 05-26-2012 at 06:30 PM.

My Cars
    1998 528i

Which version of Carsoft.exe?

Hi all,
    After a bit of a struggle, I have managed to install Carsoft and it is up and running. I would like to hear from some other members who have a working copy of Carsoft running on Windows XP. Particularly, I would like to know the file size and time stamp of carsoft.exe file they are using in BMW folder.

The reason I am asking is that the first time I attempted to run Carsoft, it started all right doing Total Diagnostics, but then crashed after about a minute or so with an Application Error in carsoft.exe (exception breakpoint). So I then read somewhere about DJ Genius comments about improper renames and double-checked my renames, but they were correct. I was using Carsoft.exe that came from the Crack folder, file size 1256Kb and date and time 5/4/2007 at 1:17 AM. On a hunch, I reverse renamed so that I would be executing SP1 version, dated 6/7/2005 at 3:07 PM (v 6.5.06). And it worked, I was able to run total diagnostics and check out the errors it reported.

The bottom line of all this is that if the SP1 version works, even though it is about two years behind the Cracked version, what am I missing out on, if anything?

Thanks and any comments are welcome

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The "cracked" version of Carsoft is the work of hackers. The SP1 upgrade is original Carsoft v6.5 upgrade software. I run v6.5.06 in Windows XP, which is 23.4mb (16.7mb on disk). Not sure about the relevance of the timestamp, which is set by your machine at the time of installation, but the original v6.5.05 Carsoft.exe file that I have is dated around 2007, which would be when the original Carsoft v6.5 beta version was pirated.

Xanthoxx, I have studied the WDS for your car. From the results you have posted and info re the MRS used in your car contained in the BMW WDS, the 240 error appears to be indicating that the airbag module has failed the self test several times, which I believe may be related to a current fault (this causes the warning lamp to remain on). I suggest that you check that Fuse 13 is in good condition and that connections to both the module and ignition switch are clean and firm. I have reset many airbag errors for E36's over the years without problems and as I indicated, if an error remains you will be unable to clear the fault codes. Since your diagnostic indicates that a number of faults have occurred but no longer exist, I tend to believe that the problem is current related. Also check ground connections at the battery, chassis and module.
    Last edited by David Mc; 05-27-2012 at 05:22 AM.

My Cars
    1998 528i
    Thanks David,
    For the sake of discussion, I was under the impression that the cracked version was the preferred way to go since it supersedes SP1. By dates I meant the file Modified Date in Windows Explorer which in my case is the original date of the file from installation disk (or download and I have got both, which turned out to be identical). In any case it appears that you and I are running the same level of Carsoft and I am happy with that and that's good enough for me. Thanks again.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Adam, SP1 is just a service pack to fix some bugs in v6.5. It can be applied to either the cracked or genuine version of Carsoft v6.5.05.

My Cars
    1995 540I and 525I

Talking Carsoft BMW 6.5 SP1

To successfully install SP1 you must do it immediately after installing the Carsoft program (i.e. before Crack Installation). You will need to completely uninstall the whole program first.

The notes I used are attached below and are long and some may think a bit tedious - but the program does work! My Carsoft will read the following modules on my E36:- DME/DDE, Instrument Cluster, Airbag, ZKE/ZVM, EGS and EWS. Since I don't have an alarm system, rain or light sensors I think that is the full compliment. Notes are as follows:-

CARSOFT BMW 6.5 + SP1 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS – WINDOWS XP

The procedure EXACTLY for Windows XP is as follows:-

If you have EVER installed ANY version of Carsoft before:-

1. Uninstal the program using the ADD/DELETE Programs function available from the Control panel via SETTINGS on the START menu.

2. Use the Explore function to open the Programs tab from the START menu and delete any CARSOFT folders

3. Use the SEARCH function from the START menu to look for any files or folders containing the word CARSOFT and delete them.

4. Search your Hard Drive for a folder named CM70 or CM75s and use EXPLORE to view its contents. If you have located the correct folder it will contain CARSOFT files with names like "AIRBAG1.DXT" - DELETE THE ENTIRE FOLDER.

5. Restart your computer and from the START menu go to PROGRAMS then ACCESSORIES and select SYSTEM TOOLS then SYSTEM RESTORE and create a new restore point.

6. Once the new restore point has been created, close out of the SYSTEM RESTORE Menu, then go back into ACCESSORIES via the START and PROGRAMS Menus and choose SYSTEM TOOLS then DISK CLEANUP. Select the MORE OPTIONS Tab and under “System Restore,” choose to Delete all but the most recent RESTORE Point and run the Disk Cleanup utility.

7. Open the “My Computer” Icon on the Desktop and right click on the Icon for your Hard Drive, then click “Properties”. Click on the “Tools” Tab when the Properties Dialogue Box opens and choose “Check now”. Two Dialogue boxes will appear asking if you want to check & repair files and scan the hard drive. Check both boxes then the START button. A message will appear telling you that this process can only be performed when the computer re-starts and asking you to confirm whether you wish this to occur. Confirm this request, then restart your computer. Dependent upon how many files you have stored and the size of the Hard Drive, the scanning process may take 2 -3 hours to complete after the system is restarted.

8. Temporarily disable any Anti-Virus or Spyware Programs that may be Running and use the setup program provided with the CARSOFT software to install CARSOFT 6.5.

9. Install SP1 which will search out and install to the CARSOFT/BMW Folder that has been copied to your hard drive.

10. Open the CRACKS Folder and copy ALL of the files contained in the Folder (including Instructions) to the BMW folder located in the newly created CARSOFT program Folder on your Hard Drive. The easiest way to accomplish this is firstly to open the CRACKS Folder then left click on the first file it contains and then each subsequent file whilst holding down the SHIFT key until ALL of the files are highlighted, then choose COPY THESE FILES and when the Dialogue Box pops up, locate the BMW folder in the newly installed CARSOFT folder on your Hard Drive, left click on it and then click on the COPY button.

11. Once this process has been completed, use the EXPLORE function to view the files in the BMW Folder of the newly installed CARSOFT Program. There will be 2 files with 6.5 Icons, labelled CARSOFT and CARSOFTBMW65. Delete the CARSOFT file and re-name CARSOFTBMW65 as CARSOFT.

12. Empty the deleted items from your trash bin and restart the system – CARSOFT 6.5.06 is now installed.

Remember to disable any anit-virus or Spyware programs prior to running the program

I realize this is old news but you really don't have to jump through all the hoops mentioned above.
    Do and uninstall of the program, go to C:\ or D:\ Program Files (depending on how you have your hard drive partitioned and configured. On mine I have the OS installed on C and Data on D.
    Once into Program Files delete the Carsoft directory (folder)
    Go back to the Root of C and locate the cm75f directory (folder) and delete it.
    Go to <Start><Run> and type regedit
    Under HKey Current User>Software> delete Carsoft
    Reinstall Carsoft, this time if you don't have it run the BMWv65SP01 file when finished open the Crack folder and copy all the contents and paste them in the Program Files\Carsoft\BMW directory.
    If you don't have extensions showing delete the carsoft file which is actually carsoft.exe and rename the Carsoft65BMW.exe to Carsoft.exe.
    No need to restart the computer just run Carsoft from the BMW shortcut on your desktop and your good to go.

My Cars
    1995 540I and 525I
    SHARED WEBSITE:- http://www.4shared.com/dir/7137899/6...4/sharing.html

PASSWORD:- Can be found by hovering over the BMW logo situated at the lower left hand side of the webpage on this site http://www.repairdynamics.com/index.html with your mouse.
    Is there a new link to your 4shared file, having a problem with a 95 e34 525i not being able to read DME or access live data. Able to access on my e34 540i so I know it's not a problem with software or hardware. Most likely something stupid I've overlooked.

Thanks

My Cars
    1998 528i
    I have the same question about 4shared file because I get an invalid link error message when I try to go there?

Page 71 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2146616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast