Page 61 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1136515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2052

Thread: Carsoft Success!

My Cars
    05/1995 E36 318i M43
    David,
    thanks very much for your quick reply. I'll try the DME test as soon as possible. I hope this will work because DME is the unit I'm the most interested in.

About the Service Interval... I tried the SI-Reset/Programation in Special Functions but wasn't able to read the SI-status. Maybe this option also is not available on E36.

My Cars
    2003 530
    I ordered interface from carsoftwest, received it fast, still can't download software

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Cube, E36's do not have the ability to read remaining kilometers until service is due, the service indicator just works like a countdown timer so the SI reset just sets it back to the maximum value.

My Cars
    93' 325is
    Cube, I second your issues with reading the DME with all versions of Carsoft (base 6.5, 6.5 sp1, and 6.5.06). I have the carsoft west interface, using a PCMCIA serial card. The BMW interface tester checks out everything as OK.

On a 1993 and 1994 e36 325is and 325i, I can only read the instrument cluster, Airbag IIRC, and central locking. I cannot read the EGS on the 325i, neither the DME on both. On a 540i e38, I cannot read the DME either, but can read the airbag, cluster, and central locking. I've tried reinstalling several times, to no luck. I'm using the installation that has 10 files in the crack folder. I believe I have tried scanning with the engine on, with no luck in getting CS to read the DME or the EGS.

Any ideas?

Edit: I can successfully reset the service indicator on all cars.
    Last edited by cyanprinter; 07-02-2010 at 05:59 AM.
    H&R sports|Koni SA's|DSII's/ 8.5's|K&N drop in|Axxis Ultimate Pads|Xbrace|Da'lan hitch
    Camber Correction DIY Now parting 325is. Need e36 parts? PM me Or email me

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    There are a few other things to consider in attempting to diagnose the early model cars. DME diagnostics on some pre 1995 models were accomplished by using the infamous "stomp test" as their DME's were not yet integrated into the car's diagnostic system. You can read details of how to do and interpret the results of the stomp test here http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/tech...de_Reading.htm . The location of the DME pre 1995 also made it prone to water damage which, if it has not caused failure of the unit can still result in some fairly ugly tracking across the circuit board which can cause stray current losses. You can read more about how to fix these problems here http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/tech...DME-Repair.htm

My Cars
    2003 530
    David,sorry to bother you, but is there any way to get to restricted folder?
    BR

My Cars
    320se
    Does anyone have links for a working version of carsoft, i have tried many times to get it to work with no success.

I have a pcmcia to serial adaptor but i keep getting problems with bad comms

I have tested the serial adaptor and is fine so software is the only thing I can think of.

Ta

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i

My Cars
    93' 325is
    Thanks for your reply David! I've been using the stomp test as a stopgap measure until I can get the software sorted out. Do you think I should still be able to read the EGS on the '94 325i though?

I suppose I can open up my DME and see how it looks. Thanks for your suggestions.

Do you know if the Carsoft interface works with ADS interfaced cars, such as the ones I've been working on?

Has anyone had any success reading the DME or EGS computers on pre '95 (apparently ADS interfaced) cars?

Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    There are a few other things to consider in attempting to diagnose the early model cars. DME diagnostics on some pre 1995 models were accomplished by using the infamous "stomp test" as their DME's were not yet integrated into the car's diagnostic system. You can read details of how to do and interpret the results of the stomp test here http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/tech...de_Reading.htm . The location of the DME pre 1995 also made it prone to water damage which, if it has not caused failure of the unit can still result in some fairly ugly tracking across the circuit board which can cause stray current losses. You can read more about how to fix these problems here http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/tech...DME-Repair.htm
    H&R sports|Koni SA's|DSII's/ 8.5's|K&N drop in|Axxis Ultimate Pads|Xbrace|Da'lan hitch

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    As far as I can tell, the Carsoft Interface is ADS/OBDII.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Correct, it will read ADS equipped vehicles.

My Cars
    05/1995 E36 318i M43
    David,
    I remember that I tried the "stomp test" a few months ago but with no luck - no flashing. I've consulted it with my car's original German manual and I got to know that I probably don't have this bulb in the instrument cluster present because I don't have the Check-Control Module installed as it isn't a part of standard equipment on Euro E36 cars. So the "stomp test" is not available for me. I'm gonna install nad set up INPA with my Carsoft interface very soon so do you think that INPA will be able to access the DME?
    I have only one stupid question about INPA configuration. Am I right when I think that ADS means the disgnostic socket in the engine compartment and STD:OBD means the socket in lower dash (which, of course, I don't have)?

Back to the SI reset. I only wanted to check the fuel consumption from the last SI reset. I can perform a standard reset by the "wire method" of connecting ports in diagnostic socket.

My Cars
    93' 325is
    Cube, INPA has never worked for me either. Apparently, one is supposed to start Carsoft and run a test to initialize the interface for INPA, but it's never worked for me.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The only way I know of to check fuel consumption is if your car is equipped with an On Board Computer, but fuel consumption information from the OBC is not accessible from the car's diagnostic port. If you are not able to access the DME with INPA, I doubt you will be able to access it at all as this program was developed and used by BMW themselves in their own factory.

20 pin port = ADS and 16 pin port = OBD.
    Last edited by David Mc; 07-03-2010 at 05:27 PM.

My Cars
    1998 BMW E39 540i
    Hi again David,

I worked out the some of the error codes and have now changed both the cats and the pre cat sensors and also the camshaft sensor. However this has not fixed the problem, the ABD and traction conrtoll light still remain on.
    Doing another diagnosis on the DME it is showing up error code 112,21 and 15 , the ABS is showing me error codes 64, 34 and 67.
    I am unable to find these coes anywhere so would you be able to help me out a little??
    Thanks

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    34 is the front right wheel sensor or ASC switch over valve in ABS 1 systems, 64 is continuous control due to undefined interference and 67 is a CAN error. My guess is that the front right wheel sensor is shorted out, resulting in an error in the system. Try swapping the sensor to front left and see if it pops up with different fault codes.

DME codes 15 & 21 are the pre-cat O2 sensors and 112 is the camshaft position sensor. Drive the car around for half an hour under varying load conditions, then clear the codes and conduct another diagnostic. If you previously had bad O2 sensors, your fuel adaptation values could be out of whack and driving around will give the car a chance to re-learn and adjust the fuel trim values.

By the way - for anyone using genuine Carsoft Software purchased during the past 2 years can now download yet another free update (current version is v8.4).

My Cars
    1999 BMW 323i
    I'm looking for the correct crack file for carsoft 6.5, the one I downloaded only has 4 files in it. Haven't found the one with 10 yet. My email is firefighteremt69@hotmail.com. This will handle the file. Thanks!

My Cars
    1998 BMW E39 540i
    Hi David, I now have an ABS falt code of 25 that I cannot find anywhere.
    Could you please tell me what this means and where you find all the falt code as I can't find them ANYWHERE!!!!
    Thanks again!!!

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    25 Line interruption – brake light switch
    http://www.4shared.com/document/ykzm...ult_codes.html the word you need is help
    Last edited by David Mc; 07-14-2010 at 07:23 AM.

My Cars
    1998 BMW E39 540i
    Thank you . Would you please be able to explain a previous error for me. You said that 67 was a CAN error , what dose this mean??

My Cars
    BMW E39 1999 SALOON
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighteremt View Post
    I'm looking for the correct crack file for carsoft 6.5, the one I downloaded only has 4 files in it. Haven't found the one with 10 yet. My email is firefighteremt69@hotmail.com. This will handle the file. Thanks!
    i did use the one with 4 files and it works,still i need the interface,any one on ebay that works with carsoft??
    thanx

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    ktboo, a CAN error means that communication with the diagnostic system has been interrupted or prevented, usually by low voltage, an electrical fault, dud module or some external source of interference.

MeGuinness, don't speak too soon, the software doesn't usually fall over until you actually connect it to your car and attempt a diagnosis.

My Cars
    -94 316 ic

e36 abs light on permanently

Hello everybody. Using cs6.5, resat airbag light -worked out nicely! There was error codes due to that I had to pull the steering wheel off due to malfunctioning HORN (never minded waiting 30 min. with battery -off!) before proceeding.

However, one morning weeks later I noticed the ABS-light was on permanently. Ran a single diagnose check reporting: Single diagnosis ABS / ASC - Status: OK
    Module info : ABS / ASC / DSC DSC MK60
    BMW Part Nr. : 80F800 !
    Hardware Nr. : 0 !
    Software Nr. : 0 !
    Diagnoseindex: 0 !
    Code index : 0 !
    Variantenindex: 0 !
    Production Date: 0/00/00  - Single diagnosis completed !
    (why sparse cs info)
    --Erased ABS module The ABS / ASC error memory is been erased  - Module erasing completed !
    But the ABS-light remain lit.

-------------------------
    Since I also had this error code in the memory; Single diagnosis ZKE / ZVM - Status: ERROR !
    Supplier : Kolstal !
    Part Nr. : 8 360 060 !
    Software Nr. :12 !
    Hardware Nr. : 12 !
    Code index : 2 !
    Diagnose index: 2 !
    Bus index : 0 !
    Production Date:28/94
    zke4.dxt
    3 Sicherung vom FH
    2 Sicherung vom ZV  - Single diagnosis completed !
    -Wich indicates to my knowledge FUSES are blown..
    ------------------------------------
    Back to the ABS module Cs, to my knowledge would indicate both fuse and relay errors -OR NOT? I have checked the fuses of course. And I doubt the relay to be faulty. the mot s coming........

waiting for your bright remedy

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    As with most things BMW, there is more than one fuse. Check fuses 10, 21, 26, 27, 38 & 46 - you need to do this by pulling them and checking with a meter as a visual inspection is not good enough. Then clear the ZKE module and ABS module faults and run another diagnostic.

My Cars
    -94 316 ic
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    As with most things BMW, there is more than one fuse. Check fuses 10, 21, 26, 27, 38 & 46 - you need to do this by pulling them and checking with a meter as a visual inspection is not good enough. Then clear the ZKE module and ABS module faults and run another diagnostic.
    Thanks for your quick response. Tried all the fuses using ohm metre -status OK. Went for a ride applied brakes (on gravel) at 50mph -abs system works fine. But the nice ABS-light remain lit.

(I think removing inst. cluster , connecting oilpressure bulb to ABS bulb is the last thing that I'll wanna do.)

Still hoping.....

"Then clear the ZKE module and ABS module faults and run another diagnostic."

Did that aswell - Status OK on both modules.

Aint no sunshine when shes gone -I know i know i know i know - ..................bill fucking withers-- wont you leave my car alone--------------please!
    Last edited by grogans; 07-26-2010 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 61 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1136515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast