Thread: Evil Twin HPF M3 on the road w/methanol (stage 2)

My Cars
    2006 530i and 2006 330i

Thumbs up Evil Twin HPF M3 on the road w/methanol (stage 2)

Robert finally picked up his M3 after leaving it here for a few months. He had several feet of snow in his town. He's the first customer to be driving our HPF Stage 2 on methanol as our "production" methanol tanks still aren't in yet. Any stage 2 customer can install a temporary tank if they want, but our production pieces should be coming back in a couple weeks. We installed a temporary methanol tank for him to use until the production pieces come in. He had a nice several hour drive home running pump gas and methanol. I'll let him share his experiences. 160mph was part it.

We previously made 724rwhp with his car on the dyno, but turned the boost back down for reliability reasons and set him at our standard 630rwhp on pump+methanol setting.

Here are some new pictures I took of his beast. (The spots on the ground are water in case you were wondering. )

HorsepowerFreaks.com
    12905 NE Airport Way
    Portland, OR 97230
    (503) 256-5600
    BMW Performance Parts
    Product questions or to purchase - sales@horsepowerfreaks.com

My Cars
    Looking......
    waiting to hear from rob

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    "our standard 630rwhp"

Thats badass

My Cars
    turbo e46 M3 11.00@137
    I wish my car was that clean when I got it home! I must say this though, anyone that has stg 1, YOU NEED STG 2! If you are thinking about getting stg 1, GET STG 2! If you have stg 2 now, you are in for a big treat in a few weeks. At 13 psi of boost, the pump+meth map is a slightly toned down version of the race fuel map. In this colder weather, you will still get some
    3rd gear wheel spin, and the dsc light blinked a few times pulling through 4th.
    Once again the car ran flawlessly all the way home. Today, I purchased 5 gallons of methanol, which costed about $60. I'll keep everyone posted on how long it lasts. This meth kit will pay for itself, since I will rarely need to run race fuel.

My Cars
    M3
    Time for new wheels.

Look forward to seeing the car in Vegas.
    Steve

My Cars
    BMWS
    I got to see this car last night on the freeway and all I can say is "wow!" Not a lot of other cars sounds and pull like this on in Eastern, Washington.

My Cars
    e28 m5 e30 4.4T e36 325
    "At 13 psi"... 630whp... niiiiice.

My Cars
    97 dakota
    wow, just wow, that's awesome

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Great looking car! Just a little tip: if you look around, you can get methanol for about $2.50 a gallon (even in CA), and that would be a pretty significant savings considering that you said you paid $12 a gallon for the stuff.

My Cars
    turbo e46 M3 11.00@137
    Quote Originally Posted by EastBayMPower View Post
    Great looking car! Just a little tip: if you look around, you can get methanol for about $2.50 a gallon (even in CA), and that would be a pretty significant savings considering that you said you paid $12 a gallon for the stuff.
    I knew I was getting hosed, but I was in a hurry. I work with a guy that runs an alcohol dragster, so he gets it pretty cheap.

My Cars
    M5
    Again, just... badass.

Rob -- I'll be back in Spokane in a couple weeks. Hope to see it again!
    '01 E39 M5 -- Alpine White

My Cars
    Boosted moped
    Does Robert still have the tune that makes 724whp on pump and methanol? Is it possible to get a Stage 2 kit that makes this kind of power so that if one finds an opportunity to make use of the additional 94whp over the standard Stage 2 power, then it can be on hand? Otherwise, one can run on just pump for daily driving ...

My Cars
    2006 530i and 2006 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by PathosRx View Post
    Does Robert still have the tune that makes 724whp on pump and methanol? Is it possible to get a Stage 2 kit that makes this kind of power so that if one finds an opportunity to make use of the additional 94whp over the standard Stage 2 power, then it can be on hand? Otherwise, one can run on just pump for daily driving ...
    Good question. We're releasing a stage 2.5 that is a stage 2 kit with a built motor. We expect to see around 575-600rwhp on pump and 650 on pump+meth. There will be no race fuel setting for this stage however.

Chris.

HorsepowerFreaks.com
    12905 NE Airport Way
    Portland, OR 97230
    (503) 256-5600
    BMW Performance Parts
    Product questions or to purchase - sales@horsepowerfreaks.com

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Does anyone with a HPF kit have a taste in wheels??? Maybe it's just me

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    Boosted moped
    Quote Originally Posted by HorsepowerFreak View Post
    Good question. We're releasing a stage 2.5 that is a stage 2 kit with a built motor. We expect to see around 575-600rwhp on pump and 650 on pump+meth. There will be no race fuel setting for this stage however.

Chris.
    Actually what I would want is 724whp on a stock engine with the Robert Boren original Stage 2 kit. Could that happen?

My Cars
    yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3speed4me View Post
    Does anyone with a HPF kit have a taste in wheels??? Maybe it's just me
    +1

I'd throw those out in the dumpster if I had 'em. I'm guessing they're extremely heavy also.

My Cars
    95 M3 / 98 ZX2 Lemons
    I agree, why would you want to be rolling on those when you have such an awesome car? I guess it would give it somewhat of a sleeper look. Get some nice ltw 18's. Not that you need them, haha.