Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: different is BETTER

My Cars
    E30 M3, W204 C300

different is BETTER

okay here it goes, my friend had a e92 335 swap that he was going to use but he ran into some financial problems and isn't going to be able to do this swap yet, and since no one was interested in buying this here on the forum, Im going to try and put this into my e30 m3. It will be running on 034efi IIc standalone(thanks to Javad), Eurojet FMIC (thanks to Joel from eurojet), and I have a mustang 75mm throttle body and the work will be done be the bmw gurus Azevedo Motorsports. I did some research and found out that there is no standalone out as of yet to run the fsi so it will be converted to run like a reg. engine. I will need a custom intake manifold made and run the injectors on it. I contacted Motec and there system will only be out in 09 and really dont want to wait for that. Progress pics will be posted as it gets done but right now will just post up what I have now. and im sorry for the pic size.

DONATIONS ARE ACCEPTED

My Cars
    98 328iS, 99 540iT
    mmmmmmmm prettys

My Cars
    87 325is 95 325
    wow beautiful e30. That engine in that car seems like a complicated task. Best of luck will be looking forward to your progress
    words of wisdom...Cameron 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    Focus on success and the women will follow...not the other way around.

Get your head on straight, focus on your future, get a good job, then dad will let you build your e30 into a monster and eventually there will be so much punani juice swinging from your nuts you won't know what to do about it.

2.9 liter boosted hand me down freak .... i hope it works

My Cars
    Nike's
    sick shit. I can't wait to see this build.

My Cars
    the bus
    Subscribed. That engine is nasty fresh.

My Cars
    E30 M3, W204 C300
    Quote Originally Posted by euro trash View Post
    wow beautiful e30. That engine in that car seems like a complicated task. Best of luck will be looking forward to your progress
    thank you. you are right about difficult but i have full confidence in Azevedo Motorsports. The worst part will be from my end and the finances as I am still a college student trying to make this happen. Im working hard over 40hrs a week and doing 18 credits at night but doing my best to finish this in a reasonable time period.

My Cars
    '06 ZHPCi, '04 A4 Avant
    I think it's awesome, only if you get the direct injection to work. Can't the azevedo boys figure out how to use the stock ECU somehow?

techno550 is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    E36's + 300D
    Why an ECU like that on an engine like that? you'll need to not use all of the technologies that make that engine so interesting.

otherwise it should be a great/fun project.
    Michael McCoy TRM

My Cars
    E36, WRX
    Agreed, I'd try to use the stock ECU as well.

SICK car though, seriously beautiful. Should be an interesting project to say the least!

My Cars
    E30 M3, W204 C300
    Quote Originally Posted by a32guy View Post
    Agreed, I'd try to use the stock ECU as well.

SICK car though, seriously beautiful. Should be an interesting project to say the least!
    wouldnt want to go through all the trouble Rob from UUC is having with his e36 s54 nor do i have to funds to do it. standalone is just cheaper. I know fsi would be cool but out of the question for now till the motec is out.

My Cars
    E36, WRX
    Fair enough.

My Cars
    Turbo M50 E30, 95 M3
    where in Jersey, o man we are getting shit done her in the dirty dirty
    85' Turbo M50 E30 | 95' M3 Nitrous, Coilovers, DJ Autos, UUC SSK

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Gorgeous e30 m3. Not fond of the engine. It would be easier to stick an s38 3.8L in there vertical and simply twin turbo that...that gets my vote.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    E30 M3, W204 C300
    Gorgeous e30 m3. Not fond of the engine. It would be easier to stick an s38 3.8L in there vertical and simply twin turbo that...that gets my vote.

thank you. and yes s38 was one of my primary choices. one thing that made me take the plunge was the idea of reliability. no one knows the pros and cons of this engine yet, but have seen 400 rwhp on stock 335s so that is enough for me for now.

techno550 is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    E36's + 300D
    I'm just afraid that the "different" list will be something like a "custom sheetmetal intake", which will probably include injector bosses so you can use conventional fuel injectors and not the direct injection, as well as a conventional throttle body. Probably will lock the cams too. Given the EMS choice, I'm fearful that this will be the case, and thus this "different" will definitely not be better.
    Michael McCoy TRM

My Cars
    '06 ZHPCi, '04 A4 Avant
    Quote Originally Posted by Nj85'325 View Post
    where in Jersey, o man we are getting shit done her in the dirty dirty
    The azevedo's have been gettin shit done for a long time now.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Theres a difference between being "better" and being "possible at all". Who knows how many systems must be in place for that stock ECU to run the engine. He'd probably need the cluster, every other damned module, the ecu, the full chassis harness, etc. That may not be possible - and I imagine its not. So the difference really is being existent at all or not.

My Cars
    Turbo M50 E30, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    The azevedo's have been gettin shit done for a long time now.
    I have seen there cars before but saw them run one day at the track and was not impressed, car was beautiful though!

My Cars
    987s, mini s
    while i suspect that muddling through the electronics will cause some measure of hair loss... that engine in the e30 will be fun as hell! take lots of notes on the problem solving because people will be calling you at 3am from places you've never heard of for advice on how to replicate your innovation.

you've just earned bonus points in the game of life!

My Cars
    87 325is 95 325
    Quote Originally Posted by B Marques View Post
    thank you. you are right about difficult but i have full confidence in Azevedo Motorsports. The worst part will be from my end and the finances as I am still a college student trying to make this happen. Im working hard over 40hrs a week and doing 18 credits at night but doing my best to finish this in a reasonable time period.
    i can understand that my turbo project has been going on for about a year now
    words of wisdom...Cameron 2007
    Focus on success and the women will follow...not the other way around.

Get your head on straight, focus on your future, get a good job, then dad will let you build your e30 into a monster and eventually there will be so much punani juice swinging from your nuts you won't know what to do about it.

2.9 liter boosted hand me down freak .... i hope it works

My Cars
    cayenne,b6 s4,350ti,
    Quote Originally Posted by B Marques View Post
    thank you. and yes s38 was one of my primary choices. one thing that made me take the plunge was the idea of reliability. no one knows the pros and cons of this engine yet, but have seen 400 rwhp on stock 335s so that is enough for me for now.
    you corn ball, you had to go and ruin the surprize.... no secrets are safe with you

Quote Originally Posted by Nj85'325 View Post
    I have seen there cars before but saw them run one day at the track and was not impressed, car was beautiful though!
    well keep in mind that the only time i was at the track last year i was @ 12 psi on pump gas, street tire went a 11.7 @127, 2.8 60ft,not to many on here doing that at 12psi

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    i hope it works out for you! that would be a pretty sick ride.
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    Turbo M50 E30, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by D Azevedo View Post
    you corn ball, you had to go and ruin the surprize.... no secrets are safe with you

well keep in mind that the only time i was at the track last year i was @ 12 psi on pump gas, street tire went a 11.7 @127, 2.8 60ft,not to many on here doing that at 12psi
    I missed your launch, but just caught the back 1/8th and saw your time. Didnt know your setup at all, i figured it would be very built, also did not know you were on street tires. BTW your car looks fantastic and hope to see more at the track.

My Cars
    95 m3, 08 m3, '87 325is
    interesting project, but if you're not going to run the stock ecu, i don't see the point. best of luck though.

My Cars
    95 Alpine M3, 2000 Wrangler Sport
    subscribed
    "If one truly wants something, obtaining it becomes a mere matter of time"
    BMWCCA MEMBER #341980

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast