XRIMS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FEELER: OEM E39 M5 wheels

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i

***SOLD*** OEM E39 M5 wheels

Thanks for the interested guys but these are SOLD!

I'm contemplating going with a different set of rims and wanted to gauge the interest of the market.

I will only be selling the wheels which are the staggered configuration. They're in decent shape from 15 feet away but up close there is some marring from the previous owner. I think all of the wheels have some sort of scuff on them and if you're extrememly anal a refinishing might be something the think about. They still shine up REALLY nicely where they haven't been scuffed though!

I'm not looking to get alot for them maybe $800 shipped or something. I might even take a crack at refinishing them and selling then after that as well.

***NEW PICS***

I just went outside and snapped a few pics. The wheels are dirty and it was pretty overcast so I apologize for that, they'll be clean this weekend! The painted finish is VERY sharp without any dulling or clear coat peel at all. I guess if you were picky then b/t a couple of spokes on ONE of the wheels it looks like there is some residual brake dust, but nothing that stands out at all.

(This is an OLD PIC but shows the wheels pretty good in the light)

Please just let me know if you're interested! Thanks!
    Last edited by PutterMcGavin; 03-12-2008 at 08:26 PM.
    Current Bimmer: '89 E30 DD, '89 E30 Project
    Former Bimmers: '09 E9 M3, '99 E39 540i, Dinan Stg. V | Dinan CAI, Dinan MAF, Dinan TB, Dinan S/W, Pre-VANOS "Dinan" intake manifold, Magnaflow exhaust, res. delete, M3 SSK| M5 3.15 LSD, Koni FSD w/Eibach Pro Kit, Eibach Sway bars, Powerflex bushings, Rogue tranny mounts, 18x9 ASA AR1's, 275 General Ex UHP's at each corner | M5 Brake system, Stoptech SS Lines, Axxis ULTs F&R, Stoptech Slotted rotors, ATE Super Blue...

My Cars
    BMW's!
    tires included?
    Mike

My Cars
    M5 & M3 CM #31
    Pics? How scuffed up are they? I can deal with some marks, but can only handle so much curbing. Thanks.
    Steve Dais

My Cars
    1997 BMW 540i/6
    if they have the tires i'd be down once its my time to buy new wheels, which is soon.

My Cars
    E90 330i, E36 328i
    With tires? how much tread? 800 shipped to toronto canada?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDub View Post
    Hocus pocus make it in focus

My Cars
    2003 Subaru WRX
    pics to zephyrsk8@comcast.net, any trades (i have some mint style 5s with tires).

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by MWBMW530 View Post
    tires included?
    Nope not at the moment they will be going onto the next set of rims I'm looking at. I can recommend some good tires though!

Quote Originally Posted by Murph View Post
    Pics? How scuffed up are they? I can deal with some marks, but can only handle so much curbing. Thanks.
    Hmmm there are scuffs but not to the point where you look at them and go "good grief!"

The "nice" thing about BMW wheels is that they used a black primer under the shadowchrome paint. So anywhere that the wheels are scuffed, it shows up as black. And since this is right next to the tire, it isn't terribly noticeable from a short distance.

I'll try to get some pics up pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by brianahlers View Post
    if they have the tires i'd be down once its my time to buy new wheels, which is soon.
    Sorry no tires with this.

Quote Originally Posted by 98bimmer View Post
    With tires? how much tread? 800 shipped to toronto canada?
    Nope sorry no tires. They do have decent trad though, thanks for asking

I'll have to check on shipping out of the US. I'm also flexible on how I ship and I'm not looking to really make any money off shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerE36freak View Post
    pics to zephyrsk8@comcast.net, any trades (i have some mint style 5s with tires).
    Hey thanks for the offer but I already have my eye on a certain set of wheels. As much as I love style 5's, I don't think they will fit over the M5 brakes that I have installed.
    Former Bimmers: '09 E9 M3, '99 E39 540i, Dinan Stg. V | Dinan CAI, Dinan MAF, Dinan TB, Dinan S/W, Pre-VANOS "Dinan" intake manifold, Magnaflow exhaust, res. delete, M3 SSK| M5 3.15 LSD, Koni FSD w/Eibach Pro Kit, Eibach Sway bars, Powerflex bushings, Rogue tranny mounts, 18x9 ASA AR1's, 275 General Ex UHP's at each corner | M5 Brake system, Stoptech SS Lines, Axxis ULTs F&R, Stoptech Slotted rotors, ATE Super Blue...

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Now with pics!

If anybody wants the super huge pics then please let me know. I think they're something like 3296 x 2472...so you can see every little detail...

My Cars
    E90 330i, E36 328i
    Let me know and pm me the price please.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDub View Post
    Hocus pocus make it in focus

My Cars
    '08 E90 M3
    What's offset and size on the wheels?
    Craig Brickner
    Click to Join: BMWCCA # 366493
    BMW CCA/PBOC/Chin Motorsports DE Instructor

2008 M3 Sedan Jerez/Black

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by 98bimmer View Post
    Let me know and pm me the price please.
    You have PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    What's offset and size on the wheels?
    I'm pretty sure the specs below are correct. If not then please feel free to correct me on this.

Fronts are 18x8 et 20

Rears: 18x9.5 et 18

Hub Bore: 74.1mm (spacers can be used and are recommended for cars with smaller hub sizes)

My Cars
    M5 & M3 CM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by PutterMcGavin View Post
    You have PM.

I'm pretty sure the specs below are correct. If not then please feel free to correct me on this.

Fronts are 18x8 et 20

Rears: 18x9.5 et 18

Hub Bore: 74.1mm (spacers can be used and are recommended for cars with smaller hub sizes)

Rears s/b 22mm and the fronts are 20.
    Steve Dais

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    I've received enough PM's on these so they're officially available. Price is still $800 which includes shipping but I'm a little flexible. Please let me know if you're interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Murph View Post
    Rears s/b 22mm and the fronts are 20.
    I stand corrected thanks Murph!

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Bump

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Bump

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    Quote Originally Posted by PutterMcGavin View Post
    The "nice" thing about BMW wheels is that they used a black primer under the shadowchrome paint. So anywhere that the wheels are scuffed, it shows up as black. And since this is right next to the tire, it isn't terribly noticeable from a short distance.
    Putter,

Do you know if that shadowchrome paint comes in a touch up kit? My wheels are peeling in a few places like yours and I would love to repair them.

My Cars
    '01 530i,'90 Miata
    Interested in doing some trading for some really descent style 42's with tires and cash? If so, let me know. I want some M5 wheels pretty bad right now. I was going to sale the style 42's, but want to have an extra set just in case. These wheels would be perfect for me. I would refinish them myself and remove the M-Parallels. LMK!

'01 530i Sport(RED)
    '90 Miata(work car)

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdc4 View Post
    Putter,

Do you know if that shadowchrome paint comes in a touch up kit? My wheels are peeling in a few places like yours and I would love to repair them.
    Off the top of my head I do not. However I have access to a HPLV (or some acronym like that) gun and I'm sure I can find a paint that will get it pretty close. If I was to refinish them myself I wouldnt be too worried as only the outer portion is marked up which could probably be blended fairly easily. If I run across something I will definately let you know!

Quote Originally Posted by bmr4me View Post
    Interested in doing some trading for some really descent style 42's with tires and cash? If so, let me know. I want some M5 wheels pretty bad right now. I was going to sale the style 42's, but want to have an extra set just in case. These wheels would be perfect for me. I would refinish them myself and remove the M-Parallels. LMK!
    Hey thanks for the interest! Unforutnately unless the 42's are 18" I can't use them. I have a full M5 brake system installed and 17's won't clear them. If you're sitll interested then shoot me a price and we can work from there.

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Bump

If you're interested in tires I can let the whole shebang go for $1250 shipped to your door!

Tires are Falken FK-452's (245/40/18 front, 275/35/18 rear). The fronts have roughly 60% tread left and have a slight, SLIGHT bit of cupping. Most wouldn't even notice it but I'm not trying to hold anything back. The rears are practically brand new, mounted this past January. No patches, plugs, cuts, etc.

I also read that BMW is cracking down on M5 reps as Lake Shore and a couple other places won't be carrying them soon (so I hear). Something to do with the shadow chrome finish? So get the real ones...from me

My Cars
    2002 530i
    how can I get in touch? I am interested

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by BAm5 View Post
    how can I get in touch? I am interested
    You have email.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 540i
    bump for a cool seller and good price. If I'd known 2 days ago he would include tires I would have bought these for sure!

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Gopher2k View Post
    bump for a cool seller and good price. If I'd known 2 days ago he would include tires I would have bought these for sure!
    Thanks for the bump! Good luck with the CSL's they will look great!

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Couple new pics!

I've had a LOT of interest but nobody has put cash in my hand yet so first come first serve (that goes to the guys who need to get back to me on PMs too)

...oh and they're still a little dirty but you get the idea. Axxis ULT pads FTW/L

My Cars
    '08 E90 M3
    I have cash, in hand (paypal).....I'm ready to meet in the middle of our prices.
    Craig Brickner
    Click to Join: BMWCCA # 366493
    BMW CCA/PBOC/Chin Motorsports DE Instructor

2008 M3 Sedan Jerez/Black

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast