Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mert Confession and Apology

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sertan
    the twin kits, sent under warranty work good. we dont have a non-working twin kit. Regarding non M3 kits, such as M5 kits, have been paid back.

Again, whoever is not happy, can directly contact me. and i will try to do my best.

MD
    Quote Originally Posted by Sertan
    I am 100000% sure, that i have offered BLACK MAMBA the twin turbo kit, he refused. By the time we wanted to send the twin kit, we had 10 twin kits on stock.

So i am very confident, we offered the twins, he refused.

Whoever want to contact me he can. Whoever wants to go to the court he can. Whoever wants to send man to shoot me, he can. I am overground.
    My intentions have been to solve the issues clean, by sending the twin kits out, paying M5 owners back.
    Just received.

He doesn't want to discuss this anymore. He has made amends with the people who weren't happy and says anyone contact him privately if they think he owes them money.
    Last edited by highboostingm3; 01-22-2008 at 06:13 PM.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    00 540iTs Glacier, 06 RR
    Midnight Auto, I forgot that one. Plug n Play emanage ultimate, too.

My Cars
    1997 M3/4 5sp Bone Stock

Yea right

Mechtech and Midnight Auto, send me their #'s, I'll ask them if they want some of my $ too .

I obiously tried contacting him privately and that did not work, but this was before his rebirth. As I said before he wants to make it right, he has my email.

Alex

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by trucupey View Post
    Mechtech and Midnight Auto, send me their #'s, I'll ask them if they want some of my $ too .

I obiously tried contacting him privately and that did not work, but this was before his rebirth. As I said before he wants to make it right, he has my email.

Alex
    Send him the parts and he should send you the refund.

Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    85 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by ///M3 CRAZY View Post
    i feel the problem is that he has a new sense of "morality" because he says he has had health issue. my guess is that they were some serious issues and he may have been near death and that is what it took to shine the light in the right direction. i do not believe for one second that this was a realization on his own morality but the effect of what goes through your mind when you plead for your life with god.....
    BINGO!!!!!!
    My manifolds powering 8sec and over 1000rwp cars
    Home of the highest HP stock M30 in the world 550rwhp/622rwtq
    1/4 mile---> 9.81 @138 C4 Auto
    10.08 in car vid --->https://youtu.be/OiinFhUomjg
    Dyno vid... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7aM7..._order&list=UL

My Cars
    Bavarian Muscle Car
    Quote Originally Posted by and1c View Post
    Legal and 'Turkey' dont go together well

The first and last time I went there several years ago me and a girlfriend at the time got stopped in a taxi by armed unmarked police for...erm ..nothing.

And it took a bribe from me so I didnt get carted off (arrested) and leave her with the scumbags (not a good option)

The law works in funny ways over there (corrupt as hell) and I would very much doubt you could get any kind of legal action going on from another country -> into Turkey..... unless it was at a government level!
    Are you sure you were not in Mexico?

My Cars
    1993 325i Turbo, 1990 M3
    I haven't been burned by Mert, so I can only speak as an outside observer but, I wonder...

Are the same people on here that are saying "people don't change" and "tigers don't change their stripes" etc., saying the same goes for themselves?

I hate it when people say, "that's just me, if you don't like it, I can't change, blah, blah, blah". It's pretty powerless and impotent sounding. I'd like to think I have the power to make some self-improvement decisions and carry them out. It's kind of depressing to think we are stuck being who we are and blame it on bad parenting or what have you.

I guess because I'm an educator, I like to think that people can change if they put their mind to it. Maybe Mert had some life altering experience or maybe he just grew up and got his shit together. I gotta tell you, I've had some students who were real assholes who came back to me in later years to make sure to tell me how they had changed and turned their lives around. The one guy I am thinking of was on his way to being a full fledge gangster. He threatened to slit my throat on the last day of school. Four years later he shook my hand, and I barely recognized him. Not just his looks, his overall manner and demeanor. He had become a real gentleman.

Anyway, I just don't like it when people are written off as unchangeable. My 2 cents.

Nik
    1993 325i, M3 ZF tranny, laguna grun, Holset HX35 bottom mount .

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    Cameron,

When I am President I am going to hire you as my International and personal PR rep.

My Cars
    Diesels and a 04 M3
    I am with most of the others.

He can appologize all he wants, but until he makes right with every single one of his customers he is still a theif in my mind. When this happens he STILL will be a theif!

You CANNOT take back the stress/anxiety of the months of a broken car can put on a man/wife/family after they had payed their hard earned money for his kit and it is a total farse. What he did is something that is not forgivable in my opinion.

Plus, no one has talked about the broken motors. Some have claimed they broke 1 or 2 motors. I havent checked for awhile but a new S50B32 isnt cheap. Did he reimburse those customers for their costs? I just dont see how he will ever get his business 100% right with its' customers.

James
    I'm a ROLEX wear'N
    Diamond ring wear'N
    KISS steal'n
    WHEELIN DEAL'N
    Limousine RIDE'N
    JET PLANE FLY'N , SON OF A GUN!
    And I'm havin a hard time holdin these alligators down!!!!!!
    WHOOOOOO!!!!!!

My Cars
    00 540iTs Glacier, 06 RR
    I have looked over the careers of many professional con artists. I didn't say they can't change their stripes; I am saying they don't. The psychological aspects are more fascinating than almost any other area of the criminal mind. So far, mert's responses are still in line with the active con profile.

My Cars
    1997 M3/4 5sp Bone Stock

parts

All parts have been returned and yet he still owes me $.

Alex

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by 325icintn View Post
    I have looked over the careers of many professional con artists. I didn't say they can't change their stripes; I am saying they don't. The psychological aspects are more fascinating than almost any other area of the criminal mind. So far, mert's responses are still in line with the active con profile.
    Holy snap!

My Cars
    2000 Audi S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Claude View Post
    It's good that he recognizes he can't do what he used to claim he did.

Until he starts getting money back into the hands of people he's done wrong I don't see a reason to applaud him for anything. It's easy to say, "oops, my bad" and keep the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Def View Post
    I guess there is something to be said for owning up to your mistakes, but I think it's a little late to admit you "don't know what you're doing" after messing up so many people's cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by eurotunerwerks View Post
    good for him but he still fawked many people over and his apology does not make up for their financial burden that he placed on him. now if he repaid all these people and made things completely right...that is a whole different story. but i don't think he has the $$ to do that and it won't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by WCM3 View Post
    Do we know if he reimbursed any of the owners?

I agree with all the above, it's hard to admit you were totally wrong for so many years.
    ^^^ :Shrugs: Welcome to the "aftermarket" . . . ? I'm not disputing in anyway what so ever yeah, his financial tactics aren't exactly intact, and that's not right, not at all BUT on the other hand people took the risk to do business with someone on the other side of the world and got burnt, plain and simple - I'm not condoning that sort of action, but - it happens and all you can do is either pursue resolution for however long or with however much effort it's worth to you to resolve the conflict or B - cut your losses and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by GT110 View Post
    Well guys.. I would at least give the guy a brake since he is admitting to being wrong and insulting to people. It takes alot of GUTS to sit down and write something like this.

Every religion preaches forgiveness, so let’s at least consider it in this case. I knwo some people have lost money, but the guy is trying to do the right thing here.
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperHoHo View Post
    No one's going to know if he is telling the complete truth, or if he will stand by his words, but himself. But for a man to openly "admit", or apologize, for his own faults in the past years is a very respectable thing to do by itself, regardless if it was said with 100% purity. Most people wouldn't even CONSIDER doing that.
    Well, yeah - pretty much. An apology doesn't put money back in anyone's pockets but it's a start and that's what's important.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by niks325i View Post
    I guess because I'm an educator, I like to think that people can change if they put their mind to it.
    What is an educator?
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    Toyota & Acura
    Man, Cameron, you're seriously a good dude...you're the only one that is always persistent in everything you do. This is not even your problem and you're trying to help everybody out, both the people that lost their money and also with Mert. I'd have a fucking headache if I was you!
    Andrew Ho
    GT47-88 Supra MSB 6 Speed (SOLD)
    2001 BMW M3 (SOLD)
    2004 Acura RSX (SOLD)

My Cars
    E46 M3

Future?

I wonder how long before the paper work starts, with the words liability and compensation front and center, appearing from the lawyers' offices?

My Cars
    1995 M3 GTtt
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilke View Post
    I wonder how long before the paper work starts, with the words liability and compensation front and center, appearing from the lawyers' offices?
    hehe.. I guess you dont know the matter all that well.
    1995 E36 M3 GT #111

3.0L S50B32 EURO Single Vanos with ITB's and Twin Garret GT2252 Turbo
    VEMS Standalone (www.vems.hu) most features enabled.
    Brakes, suspention, rollcage, seats, harness, wheels and tires.

My Cars
    |99 Turbo M3 | 2K7 335|
    I don't understand one thing..

he screwed many cars enthusiast.

now he apology,

but he have many luxury car at his home.. but didn't refund anyone !?
    how that could be apology ! sell the cars to refund people you screwed !

My Cars
    1993 325i Turbo, 1990 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    What is an educator?
    Umm, a teacher. Maybe "educator" is a Canadian term.

Nik
    1993 325i, M3 ZF tranny, laguna grun, Holset HX35 bottom mount .

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Wow how did i miss this thread!

I, like many others wonder what exactly made him change out of nowhere. Did he seriously receive a death threat or something, because the strong hardheaded stance he has had over the last years wouldnt just change overnight unless something drastic happened. I know he speaks about his health, but would bimmerforums truly be the most important thing on his mind if he was dying? I would personally think not... I truly wonder if this is just the beginning of another saga

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    E36 M3. E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    Just received.

He doesn't want to discuss this anymore. He has made amends with the people who weren't happy and says anyone contact him privately if they think he owes them money.
    Yes Mert offered like 1000 times to send me a twin turbo kit.....does this means I have to accept it.....NO
    I asked him 1000 times to return my money.

Is not that I was asking him to return money from a kit that didn't fit neither it worked and was incomplete......I asked him to return the money I paid in advance that was supoused to be used to purchase the remaining parts of the kit, until he sudenly said to me "you should buy the remaining parts elsewhere".
    "OK no problem" I said "send me the remaining money back so I can purchase them myself"

I still will give him the chance to make things right as he promised by the 1st week of February for paying me back.

Lets see whats happens

M50 3.2L, twin scroll MaximumPsi manifold +750 WHP @ 21 psi. OBDI tune, Vampire Knock controller, Racelogic TC, E46 M3 6 speed, UUC twin disk clutch, DSS new chromoly DS, DSS upgraded axles, DI aluminum intake manifold, 80lbs injectors.3" exhaust pipes with DMH cutout.

My Cars
    Bavarian Muscle Car
    Quote Originally Posted by ParadigmGuy View Post
    Cameron,

When I am President I am going to hire you as my International and personal PR rep.
    No,when I am President I am going to appoint him Senior Boost Director.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by ParadigmGuy View Post
    Cameron,

Quote Originally Posted by HyperHoHo View Post
    Man, Cameron, you're seriously a good dude...you're the only one that is always persistent in everything you do. This is not even your problem and you're trying to help everybody out, both the people that lost their money and also with Mert. I'd have a fucking headache if I was you!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigM62 View Post
    No,when I am President I am going to appoint him Senior Boost Director.
    Thanks everyone! A little bit of a headache but I'm alright.

My Cars
    S14, AW11
    This is way too familiar to me

I dont know this guy, maybe he changed blah blah blah

I had somewhere between 10 and 12 grand stolen from me, that was all the money i had, all the money i earned when i was working in high school, and into my first year in college. my family isnt rich at all, i started from the gound up.

New and ignorant to the car scene, I was promised some pretty simple stuff, which as time went on turned into a lot of stuff....

i lost every dime i earned over those years, the guy who promised me the car (a built Nissan 240SX before anyone asks) apparently had a gambling problem of some sort, and applied for bankruptcy, owing money to god only knows how many people. and since he was bankrupt, it was very doubtful that if anyone spent the money to take him to court, that they would even see any of that money back.

trust me when i say this, he was the coolest guy totally social, outgoing, wanted to help. He even pulled me out of a ditch at like 3am one night (my fault). And as i read this particular person's statement, i couldnt help but be reminded......

a con only works if it is believable

I'm not saying he hasn't changed, I'm just saying that people don't HAVE to change, and it is unwise to ASSUME that they will.

i dont know the guy, i feel sort of bad for him, but getting cheated out of everything is much worse.

just the ramblings of someone who is still angry........
    Last edited by Recklesss; 01-23-2008 at 02:06 PM.
    Rice Burners think they're fast. A True
    Racer only wants to go faster...

My Cars
    Bavarian Muscle Car
    I speak from experience too as my first tuner in Sacramento installed a Unichip on my Dinan S/C and blew up the motor.Said it was the motors fault..Found out later he blew up many other motors.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345