Thread: 2008 WI Summer Event Schedule inc AUTO-X & Porsche AUTO-X

My Cars
    I own nothing.

Exclamation 2008 WI Summer Event Schedule inc AUTO-X & Porsche AUTO-X

I started a calendar for Summer Events - obviously not all events are listed. There area way to many events to list. I listed some major events.

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed...merica/Chicago

Feel free to add events to the thread and links to events.

April 27 TSD Cruise
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=883189

Cruises, etc this summer
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=910074
    Quote Originally Posted by JG853 View Post
    Hello Everyone -

Please mark you calendars and save the dates below. More details to follow as we approach these dates..

May 10, 2008 - 3:30 PM - 6:00 PM (US CST) - HP Performance Corvettes Open House and Car Show

June 7, 2008 - 3:30 PM - 6:00 PM (US CST) - Project Two Customs Open House and Car Show

June 21, 2008 - 4:30 PM (US CST) Dinner Cruise to Abbey Resort - Lake Geneva

July 12, 2008 - 3:30 PM (US CST) - St. Dominic's Car Show

August 9, 2008 - 3:30 PM -Kelly's Bleachers II Cruise and Car Show - Mike C - Cruise Director

Sept 13, 2008 - 3:30 PM - Kenosha / Northern IL (TBD) - Ending at Zinovi Motor Cars for Dinner

Oct 2008 - Road America - March of Dimes Road America Event Sponsored By Concours Motors (Track Event)

Should you have any questions, please let me know. More details to come.

Contact me (sachin528) via email/PM if you are interested in the cruises, and getting updates. Email me with your screen name, name, make, model, and year of car.

I hope that you all can make it.

JG853
    With the # events this year and based on last year's experience, I'll work on putting 1 bf.c cruise this summer - a Fall Color Cruise, some time in Sept.

If anyone wants to coordinate another event sooner, let me know, I will help out.

Best
    -S
    Last edited by sachin528; 01-15-2008 at 12:43 PM.

My Cars
    I own nothing.

My Cars
    E36 M3/4, Birel/Yamaha
    I put together an excel file of area HPDEs and High speed autocross/time trials also... if you'd like to add it to fill up those weekends a bit more I'd be happy to email it to you. I believe it's got the Midwestern Council schedule, Badger Bimmers, NASA Midwest, AMS, MVP, etc...

I'd also be interested in getting a spring cruise/picnic set up... I think it was a few years ago we did that out in Mt. Horeb, and it was a pretty good time. Just need to get the interest.
    '98 BMW M3/4/5 - Koni Sport, H&R Sport, Michelin PS2
    '01 Birel Q31 - Yamaha KT100

My Cars
    I own nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by nort0188 View Post
    I put together an excel file of area HPDEs and High speed autocross/time trials also... if you'd like to add it to fill up those weekends a bit more I'd be happy to email it to you. I believe it's got the Midwestern Council schedule, Badger Bimmers, NASA Midwest, AMS, MVP, etc...

I'd also be interested in getting a spring cruise/picnic set up... I think it was a few years ago we did that out in Mt. Horeb, and it was a pretty good time. Just need to get the interest.

I am not sure. It took me a very long time to enter all the data for last year, and I got a mild response @ best.

Listing everything would be a PITA.

I suggest creating a google calendar of your own, and I can import it into mine, making all event visible or some events visible. PM me if you are interested

My Cars
    911 Turbo, BMW X3

Hey Colin - Can you send me that excel sheet? dustent@msn.com I'll add it my website and post the link for Sachin.

I'm down for a spring meet too.

Thanks mucho.

My Cars
    none
    I put together an excel file of area HPDEs and High speed autocross/time trials also...
    Ditto what Dustin said- can I get a copy pretty please? dtmracerx@bahntechnic.com
    thanks a bunch

btw- Dustin when did you get the M3? what happened to the ti? or more importantly what happened to the DASC?
    WooT
    Gabriel Johnston
    Professional CAD Jockey
    Automotive Engineering Alumni - MSU, Mankato
    http://www.rallybimmer.com The never updated website

My Cars
    911 Turbo, BMW X3
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmracerx View Post
    Ditto what Dustin said- can I get a copy pretty please? dtmracerx@bahntechnic.com
    thanks a bunch

btw- Dustin when did you get the M3? what happened to the ti? or more importantly what happened to the DASC?
    Got the m3 last spring, sold the 318ti to a friend in California would wanted it more than I did ($$). DASC went with it. It's almost time to turbo the m3.

My Cars
    98 M3

Milwaukee Auto Cross Schedule

Here's the schedule so far for the majority of the autocrosses at Miller Park for this year. This doesn't include the Porsche club's schedule. I'll correct that when I can find some firm dates.

Sachin, would you be so kind as to sticky this? This is easily the largest collection of cars in one place in Milwaukee pretty much every other week.

April 19 - SCCA Driver's school
    April 20 - SCCA event #1
    May 4 - WAI event #1
    May 18 - SCCA event #2
    May 25 - WAI event #2
    Jun 7 - WAI event #3
    Jun 8 - SCCA event #3
    Jun 28 - WAI Driver's school
    Jun 29 - WAI event #4
    Jul 20 - SCCA event #4 (Also Nationals Pro Solo tour! It's gonna be big)
    Aug 2 - WAI event #5
    Aug 3 - WAI event #6
    Aug 16 - SCCA event #5
    Aug 17 - SCCA event #6
    Aug 31 - WAI event #7
    Sept 21 - SCCA event #7
    Oct 5 - WAI event #8
    Oct 12 - SCCA event #8

Chances are I'll be racing more than not. Feel free to swing by and say Hi. I've got a black e36 M3 with AC Schnitzer Type III's. I'm 6'2" and chunky. I'm loud and am probably going to be wearing a straw fedora and Chuck Taylors. My name is Mark.

Is my helmet big enough?

My Cars
    E36 M3/4, Birel/Yamaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekihead View Post
    Jul 20 - SCCA event #4 (Also Nationals Pro Solo tour! It's gonna be big)
    Unless things have really changed, this is a Solo National Tour date...

Nationals is the common name for the Solo National Tour Championship, held in Topeka at the end of the season.

Pro Solo is completely different. It's solo, with two cars, if that makes sense. Two cars start at the same time on identical, but mirrored, courses. First one to finish wins. Pro Solo does NOT come to Milwaukee.

That said, it's actually a Saturday/Sunday event (19th & 20th), and yes, it's gonna be big.

My Cars
    '02 M3 Cab, '89 M3

Milwaukee PCA Autocross

Guys and girls,

Here's the Milwaukee PCA autocross schedule. BMW's are still welcome and have been indexed to compete with other attending BMW's. Tons of fun, and volunteers welcome:

MILWAUKEE PCA AUTOCROSS SERIES SCHEDULE

Sunday, May 18, 2008 – Miller Park
    Sunday, August 31, 2008 – Miller Park
    Sunday, September 14, 2008 – Miller Park

8:00 – 10:00 – Course Set-Up
    9:00 – 10:30 – Registration/Car Tech
    10:30 - 11:00 – Walk the Course
    11:00 - Driver’s Meeting
    11:30 - First Car Out

My Cars
    2002 325iT
    FYI May 29 is BMW night at Weissgerbers Gasthaus in Pewaukee
    http://www.weissgerbers.com/gasthaus...-Show-2008.pdf

no love for the hatch

My Cars
    I own nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MeisterBrau View Post
    FYI May 29 is BMW night at Weissgerbers Gasthaus in Pewaukee
    http://www.weissgerbers.com/gasthaus...-Show-2008.pdf

Think it'll be any better than last year?

My Cars
    E36 M3/4, Birel/Yamaha
    http://bothamvineyards.com/vc.html

Botham Vineyards Vintage Celebration
    Sunday August 3, 11AM - 5PM
    Barneveld, WI - near Mt. Horeb (maybe 30 minutes SW of Madison)

This year's featured marque is BMW. Rumor has it there will be an EXTREMELY vintage BMW race car (I couldn't imagine it being a 328, but we will see). Always lots of interesting and rare cars to see, some of them not even vintage.

I went two years ago when Ford was the feature, and along with the actual 24hrs of Le Mans winning Ford GT40 was a pair of new GTs, original Shelby Cobra with Carrol Shelby signature, Shelby Series-1, and a Porsche Carrera GT, just to name a few.

Oh, and there's booze.

My Cars
    M5, NSX, Outback XT
    http://bothamvineyards.com/vc.html

Botham Vineyards Vintage Celebration
    Sunday August 3, 11AM - 5PM
    Barneveld, WI - near Mt. Horeb (maybe 30 minutes SW of Madison)

This year's featured marque is BMW. Rumor has it there will be an EXTREMELY vintage BMW race car (I couldn't imagine it being a 328, but we will see). Always lots of interesting and rare cars to see, some of them not even vintage.

I went two years ago when Ford was the feature, and along with the actual 24hrs of Le Mans winning Ford GT40 was a pair of new GTs, original Shelby Cobra with Carrol Shelby signature, Shelby Series-1, and a Porsche Carrera GT, just to name a few.

Oh, and there's booze.
    Cindy and I will be there showing my M5 and her 2002.

1988 M5
    1991 NSX
    2005 Outback XT

My Cars
    911 Turbo, BMW X3
    Quote Originally Posted by brahtw8 View Post
    Cindy and I will be there showing my M5 and her 2002.
    I think me and the wife will be able to make it to this one. Nothing to show, 1999 isn't vintage yet. Colin, are you going to sure?

My Cars
    E36 M3/4, Birel/Yamaha
    Not for sure, but more than likely. It's my ma's bday, she likes wine, I like cars, seems like a win-win. There was also talk of bringing some of the hot new rides out (M3, 135i, etc...) being as BMW is the featured marque, but I haven't heard any new news on that.