Thread: The Megasquirt to Motronic Adapter

My Cars
    e34 BMW 535i

Exclamation The Megasquirt to Motronic Adapter

I almost forgot about you guys and left you high and dry

i normally hang around the e34 section but thought you might like this too

It has all of the AFM pins and M5 MAF pins brought to a proto area for using a MAF or using an external MAP sensor.

All of the most popular options are built in so there will be no guess work.

-Built in idle valve drivers
    -built in Tach circuit (to use the stock cluster)
    -Two extra ignition drivers for wasted spark
    -Boost control driver
    -Launch control switch
    -three relay controls
    -External TPS wires (i addition to the stock wires)

All of these options are brought down to a DB15 next to the DB37

This was meant for megasquirt but will work with anything. It just makes wiring it up a lot easier.

I have another version that mounts an MS board upside down inside the case for a super stealthy install and again with almost no loose wires

I only have a few of each for now but if there is enough interest i can make a larger order. Perhaps one of the larger retailers will carry it

My Cars
    '87 325, '88 535i
    sweet! how much?

'87 325: sold
    '88 535i: sold
    '86 325es: muh-ha-ha-hah!

My Cars
    1991 318is, 1982 toyota corolla vert

My Cars
    E30 M3; 2001 E39 525iT
    G'Day Goathumper,

Impressive circuit - I am interested in both versions . Let me know how to contact you about them .

My Cars
    06 Impreza Wagon
    payment sent

My Cars
    e34 BMW 535i
    man, there is a lot of e30tech/bf.c crossover. Oh well, nice to see you guys around here too. It looks like its going full scale production and probably available in bare board, kit form, and fully assembled.

Support has been phenomenal!

God i'm glad i own a BMW.

My Cars
    '92 325i, '85 635CSi, Searching for an e34
    About the motronic megasquirt "adapter"... What exactly is that thing capable of? It doesn't make the MSII 3.0 PnP (no other HW configuration needed) does it?

Also, I'm looking at an '89 535i to buy and to put the MSII in, and I was curious what gains you had on yours, performance, econ, emmissions, etc.

My Cars
    e34 BMW 535i
    It makes megasquirt plug n play for any bmw with the 55 pin ecu. As far as performance gains, i didn't really notice anything signifigant in stock form but it does allow for larger injectors, wasted spark coils for a distributor delete, AFM delete, boost controll, etc...

Its more for those with power adders in mind..... or if you just like to tinker with your car

My Cars
    '87 325is
    very nice, i made one like that for my volvo, it's a megasquirt to bosch lh2.2 adapter box but does the same thing, very clean adapter setup, i like it.

My Cars
    '92 325i, '85 635CSi, Searching for an e34
    Another question if you don't mind...

The odometer on the e34, isn't it kept by the stock computer? Were there any cluster issues or anything like that that you had to overcome?

I'm still researching everything I can for the e34 and MSII, any advice or problems you came into, sharing your experience would be greatly appreciated.

My Cars
    e34 BMW 535i
    the only thing that wont work on the cluster is the MPG gauge but im working on it. You would probably get more help in the e34 section though.

My Cars
    '96 328is
    my mpg gauge already doesnt work :P

I like. yeah you should totally sell these babies.

if I didnt have to rely on my car, I'd do a MS upgrade in a heartbeat.
    I like the idea of nixing the distributor.

I also heard you can get better fuel economy with a megasquirt setup as well, is this correct?

My Cars
    e34 BMW 535i
    FYI, diyautotune will have them shortly. The great thing about it is that you don't have to do anything permanent to your harness. You can install and uninstall in about 10 minutes so the "unreliable" tuning stage isn't really an issue for a DD. My car is my DD and i have never had a second car.

My Cars
    E30
    Could you maybe PM me the source of the OEM connector body? I have been after one for a long time to try to fab up a sort of intermediate harness...allows me to splice my MegaSquirt in to all the signals to the Motronic while still feeding the Motronic so it can run my gauges. Trust me, I have no interest in stealing your business, I would just like to know of some good sources for Bosch connector bodies!

My Cars
    e34 BMW 535i
    megasquirt can control all of the gauges but the econnomy (which will change soon) but that wont work even if you run MS and motronic in parallel.

The best place to get the connector from is an old ECU. Purchasing them new requires orders of 1000+

My Cars
    tite
    wish there was one of these for the e36

My Cars
    E30
    Quote Originally Posted by Goathumper View Post
    megasquirt can control all of the gauges but the econnomy (which will change soon) but that wont work even if you run MS and motronic in parallel.
    The best place to get the connector from is an old ECU. Purchasing them new requires orders of 1000+
    Interesting. Is this via some of the -Extra! firmware, or is this just standard on MS3? I ran a MS1 years ago and it was a little limited due to my lack of programming abilities at the time. Maybe I should look into a MS3 rig......

My Cars
    1991 BMW 325i
    Do you have a board that can be build into the motronic case now a days? Or do I have to buy a relay cable and your board off of diyautotune?