Thread: "96" Z3-overheating Problem Solved! Thanks Y'all!

My Cars
    96 Z3/76 Vulcan Classic/76 Archer ll

"96" Z3-overheating Problem Solved! Thanks Y'all!

Just wanted to give kudos to all of you who helped me out. I ended up changing the waterpump, fan clutch, t-stat & belts. Not sure which one was the actual problem but they were all over due & for the $225 in parts (online) it was money well spent. Thanks to all & to all a good night.

My Cars
    ///M Roadster, Cooper S

* 19x10 & 8.5 Work VS-XX -Rogue 18mm spacers * Hankook Ventus RS3 * H&R coil-overs * Dinan strut brace * Magnaflow 14815 custom stepped tips. * TT stg2 Turbo -416rwhp * AEM truboost * Mocal / Ireland Engineering oil cooler * Roadstersound 8 with custom set-up * flipped hats *RF Rear Subframe Kit *STG3 F1 Racing Clucth & Flywheel

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    I dont remember if i posted in the original thread, but did you do a fan delete while you were at it?

My Cars
    98 BMW Z3 2.8, 91 Volvo 940 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by doc321 View Post
    Just wanted to give kudos to all of you who helped me out. I ended up changing the waterpump, fan clutch, t-stat & belts. Not sure which one was the actual problem but they were all over due & for the $225 in parts (online) it was money well spent. Thanks to all & to all a good night.
    Glad it worked!

'98 BMW Z3 2.8 -- S52 Cams/Dinan CAI & Twr Strut/Butt Strut/JC Shark/SS DTM Exhaust/Eurosport UDPs/Fan Delete/Eurosport M50 Mani/E30 3.73 LSD/JBRacing & RE LWF+Clutch/Evo M3 6-speed

My Cars
    Mcoupe 1999, Delsol 93
    Quote Originally Posted by 2kredz3 View Post
    I dont remember if i posted in the original thread, but did you do a fan delete while you were at it?
    well i would assume intially if not fixed...fan delete will make overheating even worse...

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswbl View Post
    well i would assume intially if not fixed...fan delete will make overheating even worse...

that wasnt my question.

What i was asking is: While he was at all the replacing of water pumps and stuff did he go ahead and do the fan delete. with all the new parts he put in there is no reason for it to overheat with the fan delete kit.