The patients.

Buh bye faithful friend.

Note confused VW guy. "How are they hiding all that NA power in here?"

Dr. ...... Dr. ....

Scalpel...

Almost...

Spare part...

Somethings missing....

Well there's yer' problem!!! (for Randy)
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    2000 Mroadster, 11 M3
    wow very interested. keep us posted.

My Cars
    ///M x 2
    I'd put your old motor in the roady first to practice. Looks like fun.

My Cars
    '05 GTO
    I could do that ...

... but not the next set of pictures

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    Whoa! Think of all the easy maintenance you can do with everything out!

Did you remove the motor with the transmission still in place?

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    Oh man. . . you are brave. . . will you be doing any un annonced mods while intalling the hopped up motor?

My Cars
    Z3M, X5M
    Wow looks like you guys are doing good! Hahaha like the pic of you in the engine bay.
    You really are creating a beast
    -Phil

My Cars
    E368 S54
    which intake are you putting on the coupe?
    dibs on the RG Motorsport.

Sarchasm: The gap between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

My Cars
    S54 e36/8
    you made quick work of that! Gonna build the stock S54 while you have it out at all?
    Last edited by fmcfad01; 11-20-2007 at 04:59 PM.

My Cars
    00 M Coupe
    Clint, should we start a sign up for rides?

My Cars
    S52 M Roadster, WRX,
    hey, now your car kind of looks like the blue car in my garage.....
    -Jason

Weekend Car

'99 Boston Green M Roadster - intake, M50 manifold, schrick cams, magnaflow exhaust, TCK D/A Coilovers 500/600, RD front bar, ltw flywheel & clutch, harddog rollbar, schroth harnesses, zionsville radiator, S54 oil cooler, stewart pump, etc ..... ~245rwhp

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Smart to remove the NA engine first; supercharger and associated plumbing will complicate things.

So, I take it the front header (between radiator & bumper) can't be removed without breaking spotwelds?

Looks like something I'd do

My Cars
    M Coupe, etc......
    I missed something. That is an S54, it is comming out and what is going in, the same motor with mods. A boosted S52?? 3.0M motor Europe..........

Please show me the light.
    BMW E36, the new Honda Civic of tuning.

My Cars
    S52 M Roadster, WRX,
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Forbes View Post
    Smart to remove the NA engine first; supercharger and associated plumbing will complicate things.

So, I take it the front header (between radiator & bumper) can't be removed without breaking spotwelds?

yep, I wanted to pull that off when I was working on the blue car but it won't come off unless you rip it out. The motor can still go in and out without too much trouble, just a little less convenient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Digital View Post
    I missed something. That is an S54, it is comming out and what is going in, the same motor with mods. A boosted S52?? 3.0M motor Europe..........

Please show me the light.
    nicely modded (but stock internal) NA S54 comes out, built S54 motor goes in with the supercharger and other supporting mods.
    -Jason

Weekend Car

'99 Boston Green M Roadster - intake, M50 manifold, schrick cams, magnaflow exhaust, TCK D/A Coilovers 500/600, RD front bar, ltw flywheel & clutch, harddog rollbar, schroth harnesses, zionsville radiator, S54 oil cooler, stewart pump, etc ..... ~245rwhp

My Cars
    E36/7, E46
    Good stuff. Subscribed to this one, although the job looks a little over my head...

My Cars
    1997 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Ambitious, but looks like a hell of a lot of fun and look at what's going to be waiting upon the next turn of the key in your coupe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    BMW M6 M63 V10 6 sp
    Been there done that... twice.

My Cars
    a few

My Cars
    99 m coupe, 88 M5
    props to you, Thats going to rip with that 3.64/SC combo. Its going to be a total monster!

JMC
    Motor: Hurtig/AA custom 2.0l TS OBD2 AA tuned 444whp/384wtq SAE 470whp/400wtq STD
    Exhaust RMS headers, Maximum PSI custom exhaust, magnaflow mufflers
    Driveline E46 M3 6 SPEED, 2.93 LSD, Rouge SSK/tranny mounts, UUC Ultrasmooth /LTW steel flywheel. CDV delete, UUC clutch pedal bushings with GSP pedal
    COOLING: Stewart WP, 78* thermostat, S54 radiator, Euro/S54 oil cooler, ES TS oil cooler adapter, M3 power steering cooler
    HANDLING: MR M CAR SF reinforcement, TCK D/A CO 450/500, TCK Camber Plates, Rogue RSM, Ireland SFB, Dinan STB. CCW classics, polished lip, brushed centers. P295/30/18 P245/35/18.
    THE SHOW: Stygar Z8 Nozzels, Leather Z armrest, Z8 push button start, chrome door handles, OEM FOGS, BMW Traffic Pro.
    Monitoring: PLX Wideband, VDO vision boost/VAC both with custom chrome trim ring.
    COMING SOON: custom intake

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Forbes View Post

Thanks everyone... it's not a small undertaking but I hope that the results are better than the original.

The engine bay pic was to offset the Randy in the coupe hatch pic... you work on your end of the Z I'll work on mine.

Yeah the front clip is spot welded onto the frame behind the bumper mounts and bolted everywhere else . I took a few pics for you but they didn't come out. There's 6 spot welds on the passenger side and one on the drivers.
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps

My Cars
    e30, e46, Super Duty
    Damn Clint, lookin good

You've gotta have a lot of patience to remove the motor w/o removing the hood and entire front clip. I basically removed everything that could possibly get in the way when I went through my swap.

If you get some time you should post the pics in the engine conversions forum and represent for the e36/7 and e36/8 crowd
    1991 e30 318is Slicktop - Gone
    1996 LS1 Z3 - Gone
    99 e46 323i - Gone
    2003 e46 xiT - Hers
    2014 F-250 CC- Mostly stock

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    Damn Clint, lookin good

You've gotta have a lot of patience to remove the motor w/o removing the hood and entire front clip. I basically removed everything that could possibly get in the way when I went through my swap.

If you get some time you should post the pics in the engine conversions forum and represent for the e36/7 and e36/8 crowd
    Does it qualify? It's just one S54 for another really....

My Cars
    e30, e46, Super Duty
    Quote Originally Posted by clintjg View Post
    Does it qualify? It's just one S54 for another really....
    You're pulling a motor out of one car and swapping it into another....in my book that counts. There are some pretty nasty swaps in there, but quite a bit of the forum is filled with a lot of "talk" and nothing backing it up. A new thread with pics about someone removing an engine and installing another (regardless of how "basic" the swap is) would strengthen a forum that sometimes get sidetracked talking about whether a Skyline motor is better than a Supra motor, or if the s50b32 is king, or why American LS motors kick @ss....
    1991 e30 318is Slicktop - Gone
    1996 LS1 Z3 - Gone
    99 e46 323i - Gone
    2003 e46 xiT - Hers
    2014 F-250 CC- Mostly stock

My Cars
    Z3, G37 Coupe, GLE
    thanks for posting pics and keeping us up to date Clint. looks like a rewarding project despite how much of a pain in the ass it is!

BF.c member 39,803

My Cars
    Buick Park Avenue
    Damn, you've just made your Coupe into an all-out demon. Keep us posted!

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast