Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: RMS Stage 1 supercharger installation, e36 328

My Cars
    BMW E36 328IC

RMS Stage 1 supercharger installation, e36 328

So I started this morning, putting this kit into the 97 328.
    It's an RMS/Dream Machine Engineering Stage 1 supercharger kit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    skateboard
    Is this brand new or used? I would contact Marco for help if you need any. Good Luck
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    95 m3 RMS s/c stage 2+,Silverado,CBR600RR RaceBike
    If you need any help, just let us know

My Cars
    BMW E36 328IC
    After laying out the kit, I contacted RMS for an instruction manual.
    I spoke with Bo and Osh and they sent me an email Word doc with installation instructions on Friday. Today (Saturday) I started the installation.

I removed the air box and the cruise control. But, I'm missing the cruise control wire harness. Moved on, not a death blow.

Removed the water fan, radiator hoses, and radiator. Removed the crank pulley. I'm missing the new crank screws for the deeper crank pulley. Moving on, that's tough, but trying to move forward.

Air intake, moved the horn out of the way. I'm missing the triangular cold-air plate from the kit. That stopped the air intake.

Moving on, the next part is the supercharger mounting. However, I'm missing the supercharger spacers, mounting bolts, and washers. Guess I'm done until I get the rest of the kit.

I've sent a message to Chris regarding what I'm missing and I'll contact Dream Machine tomorrow or Monday. I'll call Osh tomorrow and I hope I can get the rest of the parts soon. My car's out of commission until I get the rest of this.

My Cars
    e36 m3, e46 325, e36

They never change.

My Cars
    BMW E36 328IC
    To answer the earlier question, the kit is new and for $3550 is quite a deal. The hardware, so far, is good quality. The packing was sh!t (paper shreds and styrofoam corns stuck in the charger), but everything got here and wasn't broken. I'm not complaining.

So far, Osh and Bo and Chris have been responsive and seem to honestly want to help get this thing done.

My Cars
    E36 M3 + 2010 XT
    Quote Originally Posted by m3jasper View Post

They never change.
    nobody uses search, apparently

My Cars
    95 m3 RMS s/c stage 2+,Silverado,CBR600RR RaceBike
    Quote Originally Posted by nugent1021 View Post
    After laying out the kit, I contacted RMS for an instruction manual.
    I spoke with Bo and Osh and they sent me an email Word doc with installation instructions on Friday. Today (Saturday) I started the installation.

I removed the air box and the cruise control. But, I'm missing the cruise control wire harness. Moved on, not a death blow.

Removed the water fan, radiator hoses, and radiator. Removed the crank pulley. I'm missing the new crank screws for the deeper crank pulley. Moving on, that's tough, but trying to move forward.

Air intake, moved the horn out of the way. I'm missing the triangular cold-air plate from the kit. That stopped the air intake.

Moving on, the next part is the supercharger mounting. However, I'm missing the supercharger spacers, mounting bolts, and washers. Guess I'm done until I get the rest of the kit.

I've sent a message to Chris regarding what I'm missing and I'll contact Dream Machine tomorrow or Monday. I'll call Osh tomorrow and I hope I can get the rest of the parts soon. My car's out of commission until I get the rest of this.
    unless thay have changed the kit very recently,

There is not a "cruise control" harness, you use the factory one, and lengthen the wires. the triangular air intake?? plate, please explain. If you need any help or have any questions, give me a PM, and I will gladly walk you through the whole installation. If you cant get ahold of them monday, let me know and I will contact them for you. I will make sure you get all the pieces you need for your kit.

Pinky

My Cars
    2005 M3
    To answer the earlier question, the kit is new and for $3550 is quite a deal. The hardware, so far, is good quality. The packing was sh!t (paper shreds and styrofoam corns stuck in the charger), but everything got here and wasn't broken. I'm not complaining.

So far, Osh and Bo and Chris have been responsive and seem to honestly want to help get this thing done.
    Is this one of the kits they were selling on eBay?
    James
    2005 Imola Red M3 - VF Stage I Supercharged Street/Track Car
    E46 M3 VF Engineering Stage I Supercharger DIY

My Cars
    BMW E36 328IC
    Yes, this is the one off ebay.

The "wiring harness" is the word they used for it. It's really just a bundle of wires in a sheath or something to lengthen the cruise control wires so it can be relocated.

The "cold air plate" is what they (RMS) call it in the install guide. It is a triangular piece with a 3" hole in the center for mounting the air intake. That's what it's referred to in the install guide. It goes in the triangular area immediately above the original horn location. I did a search on this forum and someone else took a picture of it on their car. I had to do a search because I didn't know what the install guide was talking about and there is no parts list.

Part of the "difficulty" with the install is that the instructions don't have any pictures (although it refers to "figure 1" or "figure 2" etc) or a parts list. I have a few bolts that appear similar in nature to what is referred to in the install guide, but they aren't the same size as in the guide. I have a 200mm, 120mm, and 130mm black hex bolt. The supercharger mounting bolts referred to in the guide are 160mm and 170mm. The guide talks about "spacers that were zip-tied to the supercharger" but my supercharger does not have any spacers. It says to use the mounting bolts and washers, but I don't have any washers. If my specific car doesn't need the spacers or washers, then fair enough, but since I didn't invent this supercharger or the bracket and I don't have a master parts list, I have to assume I'm missing these parts. I can recreate the "wire harness" or wire loom or lump of wires or whatever you'd like to call this - but it takes more time. The wire colors won't match which is less than ideal, but workable. However, I cannot fabricate the intake piece, and I cannot run to Lowes or something for the crank pulley screws without the specs on their length. I can't recreate the mounting bolts or washers or spacers without knowing their specs, either. That's why I need these things. It's not an installation issue, it's a "I don't have the parts" issue.

If you have the parts and can send them to me, you'd be my bff.

My Cars
    z06 & Sierra HD
    source the bolts for the crank at local store. they are m8 x 25 grade 8.8. the cold air plate (although should have been included) is not really needed. wiring harness is just a bundle of wires as stated earlier.

the only thing you need is the hardware to mount the bracket. aside from that looks like you are in pretty good shape.
    do you even know what a plethora is?

My Cars
    '99 Alpine White M3
    Forget about the 'triangular plate'... I got rid of my Dinan version of the same thing a long time ago, so as to be able to slightly move the location of the filter a couple inches lower. I think youll find Most people arent using there's any longer.

Ive attached pdf file which shows some sketches from rms .. I dont remember where I got it, but I thought if you didnt have it, it might help some.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by paul e; 09-30-2007 at 09:50 AM.
    '11 AW 135i ; Sold: '99 White M3 81k mi; Dinan SC kit, 6"/3.48" sc pulleys, Aftercooler: 10.5 psi-367 SAE rwhp/304 rwftlbs @80 degrees ambient (still with OBDII manifold & stock cats); DynoTuning by Nick G (techniquetuning.com); Speed Shop: Imported Cars of Stamford; AA-Aquamist Water Injection, exhaust, clutch; Fikse FM-10s; Koni Suspension; Stealthboxes

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/boostm3/

My Cars
    BMW E36 328IC
    WOW, THANKS Paul e. The diagrams really help. Thanks M3Crazy for the specs on the crank bolts - that's 25mm? I don't feel so bad about the cold air plate or the crank pulley bolts now.

Does anyone have the specs on the bracket mount hardware - spacers and type of washers - if I take a couple pictures would someone tell me what else I need?

Really appreciate the help so far -

My Cars
    BMW E36 328IC
    here's pictures of the hardware that I got. I can create the wire thing for the cruise.

So, I was wondering what these bolts and washer and lock nut are for?

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3
    have fun puttin it in should be pretty sick when its all done with...GL

My Cars
    z06 & Sierra HD
    here's pictures of the hardware that I got. I can create the wire thing for the cruise.

So, I was wondering what these bolts and washer and lock nut are for?
    in that last pic i see the spacer in the baggie with the bolt. that is what they speak of. i don't remember too many spacers i think there is only one maybe two that is it. i will go look on my car in a little while.
    do you even know what a plethora is?

My Cars
    BMW E36 328IC
    That'd be nice if it's all here. The notes say "spacers" on the brackets, so I assumed I was missing at least one. I can recreate the wiring and if I don't need the air plate, then all I need to do is go pick up crank bolts.

jmargo is offline Guess who's back ? Moderator
    My Cars
    CTS-V , Blown 332i
    The longer bolts should go through the lower holes in the SC bracket. One through the pivot(lowest most hole) the other through the idle pulley(middle). The last one and spacer goes through the small bracket on to the oil housing and attaches to the back of the bracket. On mine the second bolt is a standard bolt but yours should be the allen head.
    Sias Tuned, Vortech Blown, 3.2L S52...456WHP/360WTQ

Sias Tuning | HowertonEngineering | Davis Motorsports Club

My Cars
    BMW E36 328IC
    Nice, thanks! That's what I needed.

Where'd Marco go?

My Cars
    CTS-V , Blown 332i
    Nice, thanks! That's what I needed.

Where'd Marco go?
    No problem...Marco is around, just not getting along with RMS any longer. They really took advantage of him after all his loyalty to them.

My Cars
    BMW E36 328IC
    Yeah, he really seems to know these RMS systems in and out. THese pictures are a life-saver. Did you go with RMS DME software, or did you tune yours somewhere else?

My Cars
    CTS-V , Blown 332i
    Yeah, he really seems to know these RMS systems in and out. THese pictures are a life-saver. Did you go with RMS DME software, or did you tune yours somewhere else?

I am running an TECIII for tuning....

My Cars
    2008 335, 2011 X3

Marco has backed away from this..
    We spoke on the phone..I provided you with a manual, before RMS ever thought of...
    I gave you a list to check.. of parts...before you started taking it apart, but you went with it anyway..
    I warned you of the tuning...and yet somehow I see you sending your DME to them..

I cannot bear to watch...

Marco has left the building...

Shouldn't all this tech advice be coming from the "loudmouth relative of Osh's " who promised you perfection because HE was running the show now?
    2008 335I Space Grey,Black leather, Steptronic
    Vishnu Procede V3 (16-17 lb boost) ,AA FMIC,AA Discharge tube/BOV,AA Downpipes,AA Race Exhaust, AFE Elite intake,BSH catch can, OS Giken LSD, PSS10 suspension, H&R sway bars, Motorsport CF strut brace, Stoptech BBKS, Forgeline ZX3S 19 x 8.5 front and 19 x 9.5 rears w/P235 35 19 fronts and P275 30 19 rear Conti Extreme DW's,Motorsport alcantara digital steering wheel, P3 boost gauge..etc

2011 X3 X-Drive 35i, Mineral Silver, Oyster leather
    Hartge Power Pack tuner, H&R sport springs, Forgeline DE3S 19 x 9 Conti Extreme DW P245 45 19 all around, Supersprint Exhaust

AA Preferred Dealer

My Cars
    BMW E36 328IC
    Well, I appreciate all your help to-date. I figured I would give this a try at this point. The hardware really does seem pretty good. I needed to flush the radiator anyway.

Your input is always appreciated and welcome. You have to admit, $3500 for this is a good deal.

My Cars
    2008 335, 2011 X3
    $3500 won't be a good deal, if you can't put it together with all the parts..
    or you blow up your motor because of the tune you may or may not get...
    from RMS......

Good Luck..
    2008 335I Space Grey,Black leather, Steptronic
    Vishnu Procede V3 (16-17 lb boost) ,AA FMIC,AA Discharge tube/BOV,AA Downpipes,AA Race Exhaust, AFE Elite intake,BSH catch can, OS Giken LSD, PSS10 suspension, H&R sway bars, Motorsport CF strut brace, Stoptech BBKS, Forgeline ZX3S 19 x 8.5 front and 19 x 9.5 rears w/P235 35 19 fronts and P275 30 19 rear Conti Extreme DW's,Motorsport alcantara digital steering wheel, P3 boost gauge..etc

2011 X3 X-Drive 35i, Mineral Silver, Oyster leather
    Hartge Power Pack tuner, H&R sport springs, Forgeline DE3S 19 x 9 Conti Extreme DW P245 45 19 all around, Supersprint Exhaust

AA Preferred Dealer

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast