Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Project E39.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Am i missing something here? Whats so good about the 318ti?

My Cars
    740SE, STi
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Chaze View Post
    German El Camino, business up front, part at the back, I bought it for my wife as a winter car, but I've grown to like it a lot more than she does, it's good on gas and hauls pretty good for a M44, the rear suspension is from an E30, has LSD, and it handles!

My Cars
    2003 540i6
    Hey, I know that car wash - washed many a ride there (but not the E39).

Don't see too many E39's around there, lotta Chevy's though.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Quote Originally Posted by Chigga View Post
    German El Camino, business up front, part at the back, I bought it for my wife as a winter car, but I've grown to like it a lot more than she does, it's good on gas and hauls pretty good for a M44, the rear suspension is from an E30, has LSD, and it handles!
    Ohhh,......I guess.

My Cars
    03 ///M5
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Chaze View Post
    I Said the Same thing.
    2003 ///M5. ~ Jet Black/ Le Mans Blue

RK Supercharged @ 501wheel horsepower/ 419lbs torque
    Supersprint Headers
    CNS Lightweight dm flywheel/ Spec clutch
    ST coilovers
    Eibach Rear Sway bar/Beast Power Brackets
    Drilled slotted Rotors/Akebono Euro pads
    Magnaflow 14816 Mufflers
    Michelin Pilot supersports

My Cars
    1999 BMW 528i
    What wheels are the 1st ones you have? the ones you bought at the beginning of the project?

My Cars
    740SE, STi
    Quote Originally Posted by wycocoloco View Post
    What wheels are the 1st ones you have? the ones you bought at the beginning of the project?
    Car came with 17" factory wheels, then I bought a set of 19"s off ebay for summer.

I admit I'm a horrible person when comes to wheels, its an addiction for me, the past couple months I've been spending time trying to fix a set of damaged BBS LM's, but I gave up and sold them to my friend for parts as BBS refuse to sell the parts.

I saw an 1M online another day with this set of BBS wheels that I like, a lot, and its not often I can say that about BBS, while they have some great designs, but most just don't do it for me.

I tracked down the model name, BBS FI.

I was happy, thinking it shouldn't cost more than $4000 for the set since its one piece forged and all and I think it would look awesome, until I found out how much it costs, $10,200.

Yes, as in ten thousand U.S. dollars, the cheapest I could get is about $9000 for 1M fitment that requires to run spacers.

This is the first time I've been shocked by the price tag on a wheel.

My Cars
    e24, e39
    Quote Originally Posted by Chigga

Car came with 17" factory wheels, then I bought a set of 19"s off ebay for summer.

I admit I'm a horrible person when comes to wheels, its an addiction for me, the past couple months I've been spending time trying to fix a set of damaged BBS LM's, but I gave up and sold them to my friend for parts as BBS refuse to sell the parts.

I saw an 1M online another day with this set of BBS wheels that I like, a lot, and its not often I can say that about BBS, while they have some great designs, but most just don't do it for me.

I tracked down the model name, BBS FI.

I was happy, thinking it shouldn't cost more than $4000 for the set since its one piece forged and all and I think it would look awesome, until I found out how much it costs, $10,200.

Yes, as in ten thousand U.S. dollars, the cheapest I could get is about $9000 for 1M fitment that requires to run spacers.

This is the first time I've been shocked by the price tag on a wheel.
    Wtf!
    635csi - SHRKATK - Zinnoberrot

My Cars
    X5M, S4, A6
    i want the wheels on your car now on my car haha... give em up!
    I tried to put my mod list in my sig, but it wouldn't fit.

My Cars
    99 528i/5, 98 528i, E30
    Wow! We all know BBS makes a quality wheel, but 10k for a set of wheels...give me a f*cking break!

My Cars
    740SE, STi
    Quote Originally Posted by E39 Prototype View Post
    i want the wheels on your car now on my car haha... give em up!
    If you seriously want them, I'll take $2700 shipped to Ohio for wheels only, I paid $3800 for them and I only drove on them for about 2-3 months/2000km, PM me if you have more question.

My Cars
    740SE, STi
    For those of you who nagged me about the side markers, you had your wish granted.

also begin to collect bunch stuff, this summer is going to be good.

My Cars
    2003 540 M-Sport
    Sixteen pages of celebrating a wacky balance of joy and madness. Your story line from beginning to end is great. Excellent work following your own ideals. I really like the inboard bolts on the wheels - can't stand the sight of bolts on a wheel, let alone keeping them and the area around them clean and free from corrosion. Good job blending the fender roll and matching the rear bumper tip. Tons of others have well modded cars, too, especially the Alpina 740!
    ExAlfa

My Cars
    740SE, STi
    For this summer I've got:
    - M5 mirrors
    - angel bulbs
    - clear markers
    - non-tu manifold
    - Bosch type 3 injectors
    - wheels
    - dynavin d99

I've receive them all except the wheels and the dynavin, I sold the other wheels fairly quickly in matter of days, so for now I'm rolling on the te37 reps.

Here it is with the side markers and the angel eyes.

Now..................... the wheels, some quick explanation, I have an extreme interest in wheels since a child, I collected strange hub caps when I was in my early teens, and it has developed into collecting real wheels, I have visions and stages for this car and right now I want to scratch my concave itch, I'm sure a lot of you think concave craze is either dead or old fashion, but the problem is none of the company could make it in a way I wanted until BC Forged showed me one of their sample wheel showcasing the design that is not heavy but still strong, as my previous ST08 from BC was really light with both forged centers and barrels.

It took lot longer than normal to make the wheels, but they are done! I am extremely excited to see how this would look.

The brakes have been on the car for 5 years and almost 100k, through winter and track and daily, its time for a full rebuild.

My Cars
    E39, E34, E31, 2 others
    Can't wait to see those wheels on your car!

1997 528i 5spd - The "Daily Driver"
    1995 540i 6spd - The "Cream Puff"
    1993 850ci - The "Dream Car"
    Plus Ford "Foxbody" LTD LX and GMC Suburban

My Cars
    2000 E39 / 2011 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Chigga View Post

So fresh.

My Cars
    E39 525i Auto ^_^;
    The new wheels kind of look incredibru. Will reserve judgement until mounted. Could be epic fail or epic win. It's all down to you to pull it off and based on your past performance you have what it takes. Good luck.

E39 525i Sport Auto / AC Schnitzer Mirrors / Hamann Sideskirts / Hamann 19" HM2 Alloys 9J Front 10J Rear / Exotics Tuning lip

Quote Originally Posted by Okin View Post
    O Tay..... Eyez Essplainin...
    See, In teh Live Free or Raise Yo Sh*t state, Teh Po-Po no likey dem Lo Lo's. So dey be on teh look-outs fo Lo Lo's. Eyez no ownin teh cah, eyez jus du paintz fo teh ownah

My Cars
    740SE, STi
    Quote Originally Posted by AkumaFes View Post
    The new wheels kind of look incredibru. Will reserve judgement until mounted. Could be epic fail or epic win. It's all down to you to pull it off and based on your past performance you have what it takes. Good luck.
    No I admit, the color combo is not for everyone, but its a vision in my head that I'm taking a gamble with, if it doesn't work out the way I thought it would, I'll simply get it powdercoated , I want to get it done for the summer so I can start working on my other car!

My Cars
    E39 525i Auto ^_^;
    I can't wait to see the outcome!

E39 525i Sport Auto / AC Schnitzer Mirrors / Hamann Sideskirts / Hamann 19" HM2 Alloys 9J Front 10J Rear / Exotics Tuning lip

See, In teh Live Free or Raise Yo Sh*t state, Teh Po-Po no likey dem Lo Lo's. So dey be on teh look-outs fo Lo Lo's. Eyez no ownin teh cah, eyez jus du paintz fo teh ownah

My Cars
    X5M, S4, A6
    I see your vision and that red on the grey will be hot... i know the calipers will be a different color too
    I tried to put my mod list in my sig, but it wouldn't fit.

My Cars
    2002 540i sport
    wowww that something different. when do u plan on installing them im sure ur anxious to get those on as we are to see some pix of it

My Cars
    E39 525i Auto ^_^;
    Rolling shots will have to be arranged.

My Cars
    740SE, STi
    Came home to this:

not bad for a Monday.

My Cars
    740SE, STi

Just about everything is here.

My Cars
    740SE, STi
    Took me a while to get it in, but overall I'm extremely happy with it, still trying to figure out all the features.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast