Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Settings in GT1/DIS to use the INPA Interface ?

My Cars
    528, E53 4.4, E92, F86
    Schneiderm, ensure the following are set:

1) Protocol Translator=Softing
    2) vm=on

Quote Originally Posted by schneiderm View Post
    Thanks for youe help,
    i've checked this several times.
    If i do a login on a SCO console:

cat /etc/ediabas.ini shows port and IP
    cat /etc/hosts shows 192.168.68.1 diaghead
    ping diaghead is ok, ping 192.168.68.1 is ok too

if i use "Calibrating touch screen" and do a API Test, it is ok (this only will work if the "windows ediabas.ini" has remotehost = 192.168.68.1 and port 6801
    if i do the apitest the IFHsrv32 shows that it is connected to 192.168.1.30 (VM Networkadapter)

Now let's take a look to the windows environment
    Ping 192.168.68.1 and ping 192.168.68.30 is ok
    firewall and anti virus is off
    ediabas.ini shows 192.168.68.1 and port 6801
    IFHsrv32 is started, diaghead is started

if you use the diaghead emu the it should send several time the
    "Sending CMD_MT_FREE" (MY diaghead show repeating CMD_MT_FREE)
    after this it should receice a
    "Received CMD_MT_CONNECT" (THIS ONE IS MISSING)
    and then should show as status "connected" (THIS ONE IS MISSING)

if all pings are working, hosts and ports are correct then i do not think that it is a IP Problem
    Last edited by E39Only; 03-30-2010 at 01:54 AM.

My Cars
    E66 760Li
    Quote Originally Posted by E39Only View Post
    Schneiderm, ensure the following are set:

1) Protocol Translator=Softing
    2) vm=on
    e39Only
    This is not correct
    Yes DIS will connect to the car with the Softing setting but you will have limited abilities to diagnose, please use Fister.

It seems like there is a lot of confusement over the installation and settings, please read the write up that David posted and if you follow to the letter you will have a successful connection.

Cheers
    C

My Cars
    e38
    I am using fister

@David MC
    the interface is odb and it works with INPA. Even if the interface is not connected to the car, there should be a communication like shown by Guns. I assume that the communication between Diaghead - IFHsrv - GT1/DIS does not work.
    I am using VMWare Workstation 7.01 but i think it does not matter which version of VMWare.
    Now i have installed INPA 5.02 and EasyDis v44

I will do an reinstall of the .net Framework because Diaghead use this - perhaps is the problem here - will report
    Last edited by schneiderm; 03-30-2010 at 05:15 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    OK, just to prove to myself that the whole Diaghead Emulator thing was a wasted effort, I modded my DIS setup just to see how it looked:-
    Installed Diaghead Emulator v1.2
    Started IFHSrv32
    Started DIS
    After DIS had fully loaded, opened Diaghead Emulator (stopped the process until I had reconfigured DIS)
    From "Calibrating Touch Screen" menu, chose "configure processes", set vm to run, updated the configuration, then restarted EDIABAS.
    Went back to the Administration section and under the Config. Menu, chose "Diagnostic Head" and set host name gt1ap, IP address 192.168.68.30, Network Mask 255.255.255.0, Default gateway 192.168.68.255 then chose the green back arrow from the bottom left of the screen.
    Returned to the Admin Menu and chose Connection setup. Set Diaghead emulator to run and tested the connection. Successfully connected to the network ( got a warning that IP 192.168.68.1 was already in use, so just chose "ignore") with full comms protocols displayed as per the post by Guns.
    The whole reconfig took less than 5 minutes and also passed the self-test for the connection.
    I still don't understand why anyone would want to complicate their DIS setup by using the Diaghead Emulator as it introduces additional steps into the whole DIS usage process and requires manually starting and stopping the Emulator program just for the sake of displaying the LEDs for DIS and diaghead signal strengths. Anyway to each his own, the above setup definately works. If you suspect it is the emulator program itself, PM me with an email address and I will send you the one I have (which I now know definately works).
    Last edited by David Mc; 03-30-2010 at 09:59 AM.

My Cars
    E66 760Li
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    OK, just to prove to myself that the whole Diaghead Emulator thing was a wasted effort, I modded my DIS setup just to see how it looked...
    Hi David, thank you for this. I think many of us use the diaghead emulator because that was stipulated when we followed the initial installation instructions.
    I can confirm as well that I have tested DIS with and without the diaghead emulator and DIS worked fine both ways.

Cheers
    C

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    C.

Still looking at your files - very ambitious work!

My Cars
    e38
    It is running :-)
    The Problem was Microsoft .Net - since i did the Microsoft updates DIS works.
    You are right - working fine without head emulation.
    There is one advantage of the Head Emulator - if you see the status connected, you know that it would work even if it is not connected to a car. This is only an advantage while setup - then ... you do not need the emulator head.
    Last edited by schneiderm; 03-30-2010 at 02:42 PM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Congratulations! As you have seen, DIS can still be tricky to set up, but considering that lots of people who started running DIS a couple of years ago had to work for months and read hundreds of pages of disjointed info, members of this forum are doing extremely well.

My Cars
    e38
    Thanks for your help - so i was sure that GT1/DIS setup was ok.
    It would be an idea to write in the "setup manual" that all Microsoft updates have to be executed and then the setup of GT1/DIS.

My Cars
    520d
    Did I understand right. I have carsoft cable and it does not auto identifie my car must put there manually. Put with inpa interface it will automaticly identifie my car. And now with carsoft interface im not able to access programming area, put then it will be possible with inpa interface?
    Im using carsoft cable + usb/serial. INPA does not show ignition or battery.
    Thanks if someone will answers.
    Last edited by Jurik; 03-31-2010 at 07:18 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Yes, you understand correctly, the Carsoft interface and cables used with INPA/EDIABAS through DIS, will allow you to access functions which are not accessible using them with Carsoft software.

My Cars
    520d
    I want to access to progamming and codeing area in DIS.
    What cables must I have.
    1. K-Line Interface for GT1 and INPA or 2 Ediabas/INPA 4 BMW 100% compatible OBDII Interface
    With my carsoft interface and serial/usb adapter cant access there. Car is 2002 years e39.
    Last edited by Jurik; 03-31-2010 at 08:41 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Cannot view either of the links.

My Cars
    520d
    But what is then this right interface. I have read that someone are accessing these areas. what are they using?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If your car is a 2002 model with a 16 pin diagnostic port under the dash, a modified VAGCOM KKL. Carsoft or EDIABAS OBD interface should work.
    Last edited by David Mc; 04-01-2010 at 08:35 AM.

My Cars
    520d
    Damn then I am doing something wrong. Because with carsoft cable I cant access to codeing and programming area in DIS. Diagnostic runs okei except auto identifing car.

My Cars
    E38, E66
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurik View Post
    Damn then I am doing something wrong. Because with carsoft cable I cant access to codeing and programming area in DIS. Diagnostic runs okei except auto identifing car.
    What version of INPA and EDIABAS are you using? Does your car have a EWS module?

I cannot code in DIS on my 2002 E65 because it has a CAS module instead of an EWS and DIS cannot read the vin information for coding. I've been using NCSexpert version 3.08 to code the E65.

I can code my '95 E38 with DIS and carsoft cables.

My Cars
    M3 E46 Cabrio
    @David or someone who knows, what does the process names stand for?

For me my modded KL interface would only work with vm of, what did I do?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    ferpe,

vm on enables the LED network strength indicator in DIS, but requires that you use a diaghead emulator to connect your interface - you will have to select the appropriate diaghead after starting the emulator program, assign it an IP address and connect it to your virtual network. vm off disables the LED strength indicator, but allows direct connection to the diagnostic head without requiring a diaghead emulator or manual connection to the network. I have no experience with the other processes, which I am told have been derived historically from BMW.
    Last edited by David Mc; 04-03-2010 at 09:36 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 525 tdsa Touring
    Hi, all .

I have problems connecting Gt1 to the car.

What i have done:

Installed successfully INpa 5.0.1
    Installed successfully VMware VMware-workstation-5.5.1-19175
    Installed successfully Gt1_v44
    Installed successfully BMW diagnostic Head V 1.2

Bought an interface from ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=260563747463

what works:
    the ebay interface and INpa 5.0.1 works just fine. Reads all the data.

Configurated the Gt1 and local network usin these links :
    http://dvsntt.com/INPA/

Result :
    Ping to ports:
    192.168.68.1 work
    192.168.68.30 work
    192.168.68.31 work
    192.168.68.32 work

Apitest inside Gt1 admin works

BMW Diagnostic head works

IHF-service shows ip in taskbar 192.168.68.32

Also configured the setings in "scoadmin network"

After all that, the gt1 goes to diagnostic window and wont connect.
    Sometimes the the sand clock shows up and the program freeze and does nothing.

last three days installed like 10 times all over the Gt1 to VMware but no succsess.

Please help...
    Last edited by Leho; 04-05-2010 at 06:59 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The EBay link to the diagnostic head does not work, what type of head do you have, what is the model of the car you are attempting to connect to and have you attempted to diagnose another vehicle with the same result? You appear to have connection to the diaghead and car and are not receiving any error messages in DIS, so it could be a mismatch between DIS and the vehicle or the vehicle and the diaghead... or low battery voltage.
    Last edited by David Mc; 04-05-2010 at 08:37 AM.

My Cars
    BMW 525 tdsa Touring
    sorry for damged link, here is a working one.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ADS-OBD-2-Ediabas...item3caacf4287

Meanwhile removed two network drivers, in "scoadmin network"
    and was able to get connected into laptop.
    "Administration - conection setup - conecting " conected the diagnostic head
    "Administration - conection setup - test" tested successfully diagnostic head
    That even worked fine in diagnostic window.

Then is shut down the and restarted the virtual machine , activated the diagnostic head and then the diagnostic window opened and sand clock appeared and the window freezed and no action again.

Apitest and ip pinging works just fine.

All the diagnostic atempts were made with the running engine.
    The car is E34 1995 525 tds automatic.

After the shut down and restart, the Gt1 booting is wery slow and all the commands also react wery slowly

while it boots, it also gives a error :

"WARNING portmapper on server 192.168.68.1 is not responding"
    and
    Bmw diagnostic head gives error "an existing connection was forbidly closed by the remote host"

after closing everything got rid of these things :

"WARNING portmapper on server 192.168.68.1 is not responding"
    and
    Bmw diagnostic head gives error "an existing connection was forbidly closed by the remote host"

But the Gt1 diagnostic window still freezes.

The Bmw diagnostic head show in commandline
    Repeats:
    "recived CMD_MT_KEEPALIVE"
    "Sending CMD_MT_KEEPALIVE"

and the IFH-service does not show any ip
    Last edited by Leho; 04-05-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    There is nothing wrong with the do-it-auto interface, I have just finished testing one and they work very well. There is also no need to use a diaghead emulator with DIS and the do-it-auto ADS/OBD interface. Make sure that the interface is set to ADS mode (see my review here http://www.repairdynamics.com/do-it-...ace_review.pdf if you are not sure ) and in EDIABAS.ini, make sure that interface = ADS. You will also see a setting for LoadWin32 in the first few lines of the EDIABAS.ini file, which by default is set to 0, if you are running this on XP, change the LoadWin32 = 0 statement to LoadWin32 = 1 and save the modified file.

Make sure that you do not have any firewall or anti-virus programs running and start the IFHSrv32 netserver before starting DIS. I would then trash the diaghead emulator, go to the "Calibrating touch screen" tab in the Administration section, change the translator to Fister, configure the protocol setting so that "vm is set to not run", update the change and re-start EDIABAS to update the changes. You will not see any LED status bars on your DIS home screen, but the setup should still pass the APItest. If this is the case, you will see the 192.168.68.30 IP address next to the IFHSvr32 icon on your windows toolbar, take a snapshot of your VM setup in case DIS falls over later, so that you can return to the same configuration at a later date. Then try connecting to your car and see how you go.

It may also pay you to defragment your virtual machine as they can be temperamental once the DIS program becomes fragmented.
    Last edited by David Mc; 04-05-2010 at 10:11 AM.

My Cars
    BMW 525 tdsa Touring
    Damn, that went to easy. Thanks for the help, everything works exept car automatic identification.

My Cars
    M3 E46 Cabrio
    Just ot give back what I have found, the setting do for a serial OBII KL interface, (also called INPA interface like the EBAY do-it-auto) is like Daid Mc writes above to select profile Fister and vm off in the Calibrate touchscreen menu once easyDIS is coming up.

I did everything right according to the READ THIS FIRST instruction but waited with these setting as David MC wrote then that he need this for the ADS interface (he hadn't tested a std ODBII one then), well you need it for the ODBII serial one as well.
    Last edited by ferpe; 04-07-2010 at 02:54 AM.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast