Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: more 135i info - Internal Product Bulletin directly from BMW

My Cars
    E90 TiAg
    Quote Originally Posted by erzengel13 View Post
    Ummmm... you're point? I'd rather have a new 1 series than a 350Z. Remember, the 1 series coupe was introduced to bring BMW's to all, rather than just a satus symbol to the wealthy and well off.
    Yup, perfect "gateway" car to get the young professionals and 20-somethings into the BMW fold and keep them for a long time to come so they move up to the 3, 5 and 7 series (or X-cars when they have families).

My Cars
    '88 Supra; '93+96 Miatas
    Yup...a 1, then E90, then another E92 for the wife, then E83, then E60, then when he gets the raise, the E70, then the kids go to college so he gets an E85, then he gets old and gets an E66
    ex-Southpointe BMW Tech and Parts guy. Now @ SupraStore.com

My Cars
    07 Acura TL-S, 07 Civic Si sedan

No

Quote Originally Posted by ssyko813 View Post
    I think car and driver or road and track tested the new M3. I think the M3 will be about about 4.8 or 4.6 0-100km.
    I read the same test. It was a 2007 335i sedan with an automatic that did a 0-60 in 4.8 seconds. They were also very shocked with the test. The turbo boost varies from car to car from the factory. The 135i should run around 4.6-5.1 sec 0-60. IMO

My Cars
    89 E34
    I want one bad.
    89 525i e34, 189k and counting

My Cars
    X3 3.0
    here is a german bulletin as well

http://edbmw.com/blog/2007/08/24/bmw...rman-brochure/

I know most of us don't speak German, but it's interesting to see what options they offer there

My Cars
    VF
    Quote Originally Posted by IDriveBMWs View Post
    What I hate about this car is that it's pretty much targeting the cheaper cars out there. With prices rumored at 25k-35k, it'll seem like everyone will have one. It's like buying one and saying "I roll in a bimmer", when in reality, it's the cheapest new car BMW has to offer. It's like a smaller, cheaper 335i.
    Wow that's really arrogant.

My Cars
    E90 TiAg
    Quote Originally Posted by erzengel13 View Post
    Ummmm... you're point? I'd rather have a new 1 series than a 350Z. Remember, the 1 series coupe was introduced to bring BMW's to all, rather than just a satus symbol to the wealthy and well off.
    I couldn't agree more. If the 1-series feels as solid as the 3-series then I can say that it will feel so much better put together than the 350z. The 350z felt so flimsy and cheap. The shifter would shake like crazy at high rpm's

My Cars
    97 M3 & 2012 135
    Quote Originally Posted by kindtree View Post
    Wow that's really arrogant.
    +1. I think a lot of us drive BMW's NOT for the status symbol
    (Selling) 1997 //M3 Coupe - Estoril Blue/Black w/ Lux Package
    2012 135 Coupe - Black/Black, ///M Sport, DCT

My Cars
    2001 325Ci ZSP
    +1. I think a lot of us drive BMW's NOT for the status symbol
    Agreed, I would buy a bimmer because I fully support their philosophy behind driving and love the way they "balance" their cars, not because they have a prestigious model.

And let's make this clear, 26K isn't that cheap for a sporty coupe in which can only be aimed at the single young person or maybe elderly person (who knows why though). It's a coupe, so it won't work with families, and isn't that spacious. At most, this will get all those who were buying the used 3 series who want more power per dollar, while bringing a new audience in hopefully.

My Cars
    '02 530
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerenvy View Post
    No kidding! It wasn't that long ago that 5 seconds was the Holy Grail that very few cars could do. Now even a Honda Accord V6 MT can hit 60 in less than 6 secs. It's nice to be alive in these times, and it will be even nicer when I get a 1 series!
    However, I think I'm going to want the 128i. I think this engine will match the car better for what I do. I will never take it to the track, and after having to do a LOT of community service for speeding, I don't do much that's illegal on the road these days. So...I think the 128i will let me feel that I'm using more of the car when I take it on these back roads here in the mountains of East TN.
    Funny...I was just talking about this 'theme' with someone earlier today... I think we are truely in another 'golden age' of automobiles. So many choices, so many GOOD choices. Last week I had a Monte Carlo SS for a RENTAL car...just a random car that was on the lot, not like I payed a 'premium'. I groaned at first, but then was pleasantly surprised when I stomped on the gas. A stinking everyday rental with 300hp! (It was a BOAT...but a FUN boat)

That being said...I contacted my sales guy today and put myself on the list...

Now I patiently wait to find out what my choices are...and delivery options Might have to use some of my airline miles for a European delivery....

I've been minus the M3 for 3 months...and I miss it terribly...but I'm getting excited about what's next.
    '02 530i/5

My Cars
    2003 Subaru WRX
    Anyone know a base price on the auto with steptronic for the 135i... I want one pretty bad. Modded, I think the 135i is going to look unbelievably sick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12