Thread: Cant Reconnect Battery Due To Alarm

My Cars
    BMW 318iS

Cant Reconnect Battery Due To Alarm

I have disconnected my battery from the negative end, when I came to reconnect it the alarm started sounding and there is nothing I can do to stop it. My car has a Thatcham 1 Alarm but was disconnected because they keyfobs died so I have been using the standard immobilser. Has anyone had any experience with this to help me? Thanks in advance.

My Cars
    '01 325xi, '98 318ti (78K Miles) RIP 10.20.08
    Disconnect the siren and turn the car on?

Nick | BMWCCA 403399 | Flickr

My Cars
    BMW 318iS
    Alarm will still be goin off though

My Cars
    '94 E36, 89 Ford PGT
    can you try to uninstall the alarm and bypass any killswitches that could of been triggered? or if there are no killswitches, just take a hammer and beat the living $#!+ out of the alarm speaker.........
    I couldn't afford a cobra
    so i bought a bmw....

My Cars
    BMW 318iS
    The alarm system is located next to the ECU? I am going to try randomly disconnecting things but as it stands when I put the neg end of the battery on it just goes off, it still starts but the key fob doesnt work or anything.

My Cars
    '94 E36, 89 Ford PGT
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeC View Post
    The alarm system is located next to the ECU? I am going to try randomly disconnecting things but as it stands when I put the neg end of the battery on it just goes off, it still starts but the key fob doesnt work or anything.
    NOOOOO!!!! never just start randomly ANYTHING on your car. is your alarm after market or "stock" (i never got to find out if these cars come with an alarm stock) if its aftermarket then its proly under your hood. find out were your alarm is and just disconect it for now until you can get to a pro. i would sugest finding the fuse and pulling it (assuming the fuse doesnt share any other components)
    so i bought a bmw....

My Cars
    '94 E36, 89 Ford PGT
    ps- the car starts so just beat the living hell out of the alarm speaker lol
    so i bought a bmw....

My Cars
    BMW 318iS
    I have sorted the problem, the unit was next to my ECU, i unplugged a 4 block plug then connected the battery then reconnected the plug and it now works fine.

My Cars
    '94 E36, 89 Ford PGT
    thats good info. but i really think it would of been funner my way. but i'm i glad to hear you got it taken care of.
    so i bought a bmw....