Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Let the TRUTH be told about DICE - it is NOT a good product

My Cars
    2006 M3

Let the TRUTH be told about DICE for Ipod - the product has ISSUES

I bought DICE from EAS about 6 months back.

Had a regular exchange of emails on issues around changing Albums, Playlists, etc. But the device still works erratically.

- Does not change playlist and freezes on a single one
    - Does not recognize more than 4 playlists at time - was told by support that all the songs have to be in playlists and not more than 6 playlists can be supported
    - Resets the Ipod back to original playlist at the time of install instead of staying on the last one played (it does stay on the last one at times)

I have spent atleast 6 hours in total between reseting and reintalling over last 6 months.

I want to get all the features and issues around DICE on the table.

Support makes everything I see as a feature but WHY THE HECK it was not documented in the paper work that came with the device?

What else has the other folks seen? We cannot let a vendor take us for ride.
    M3 - '96 Hellrot Red with Modena interior -- Sports Package - GONE
    M3 - '06 Mystic blue

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Quote Originally Posted by manm3 View Post

Had a regular exchange of emails on issues around changing Albums, Playlists, etc. But the device still works erratically.

- Does not recognize more than 4 playlists at time - was told by support that all the songs have to be in playlists and not more than 6 playlists can be supported
    - Resets the Ipod back to original playlist at the time of install instead of staying on the last one played (it does stay on the last one at times)

I have spent atleast 6 hours in total between reseting and reintalling over last 6 months.

Support makes everything I see as a feature but WHY THE HECK it was not documented in the paper work that came with the device?

If I were you,.. I would have exchanged the unit. Sometimes these things do happen with electronics.
    As far as the playlists goes...mine plays everything. It reverts to the first playlist at times by defualt, but it has no problem playing my library. I have my ipod set to shuffle all the playlist and I never have a problem.
    Why do you need more than 6 playlists??
    There are bugs becuase it might still be in the developemental stage,.. but it's worth the price.
    By the way, you should direct all your comments to the official q/a thread.

My Cars
    BMW

The DICE works as advertised, either something is not set up in your iPod correctly or you are simply not familiar with the controls.

A couple of things you are correct upon:

- The songs you wish to listen to must be within a Playlist if you expect the DICE controls to work correctly. Otherwise, you can opt not to create Playlists and instead select artists from your iPod.
    - If the iPod goes into Deep Sleep mode, it will begin from the first Playlist. This is the iPod cutting communication from the DICE, not the DICE itself.

We have a public Q/A thread where most questions can be answered in this thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=634582

Contact me directly from your BMW and we'll run down the features in real time. There are many happy DICE users out there and you shouldn't be the exception.
    Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
    email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com
    tel 866.669.0705 | ca: 714.369.8524 x22 | fax: 714.908.1796

Twitter | Flikr | Facebook | YouTube

My Cars
    2006 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
    The DICE works as advertised, either something is not set up in your iPod correctly or you are simply not familiar with the controls.

A couple of things you are correct upon:

- The songs you wish to listen to must be within a Playlist if you expect the DICE controls to work correctly. Otherwise, you can opt not to create Playlists and instead select artists from your iPod.
    - If the iPod goes into Deep Sleep mode, it will begin from the first Playlist. This is the iPod cutting communication from the DICE, not the DICE itself.

We have a public Q/A thread where most questions can be answered in this thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=634582

Contact me directly from your BMW and we'll run down the features in real time. There are many happy DICE users out there and you shouldn't be the exception.
    With the hours I have spent on it, I am more than familiar with the controls. I have read and reread the materials that came with it and also exchanged emails with the support. Including reading thru the DICE Q&A section here

May I have a bad unit but everytime I contacted EAS they told me it was normal. Would playing only 4 playlist instead of 6 at times be normal??
    M3 - '06 Mystic blue

My Cars
    BMW
    Let's continue in the Q/A thread so others can benefit from the troubleshooting steps: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...634582&page=22

My Cars
    2006 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post

BTW, point me to the litrature (that comes with the device) that talks about Deep Sleep mode in Dice.
    M3 - '06 Mystic blue

My Cars
    BMW
    BTW, point me to the litrature (that comes with the device) that talks about Deep Sleep mode in Dice.
    It's not a DICE feature - it's a feature of the iPod:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60945

If you would like further assistance, please provide the info requested in my previous post.

xsproutx is offline Member Secret Santa Deadbeat
    My Cars
    '01 325, '10 Wrangler
    meh. i don't have one myself, but saying they're taking people for a ride just isn't right. i know, just on this forum alone, they've sold TONS of these things. and hardly anyone ever complains and customer service is top notch. they've gotten back to me with questions on other things, always within 12 hours. give it another chance. maybe there's just some miscommunication between you two or you got a bad unit.

My Cars
    BMW
    Update: We've been in contact by phone and the OP is going through some reinitializing steps to verify everything is working correctly.

My Cars
    525i
    mine works fine.. except for the text display on the radio. but other than that its the best ipod solution i've bought.