Thread: Feeler: Selling 2001+ E39 Headlight Adjusters

My Cars
    N/A

Feeler: Selling 2001+ E39 Headlight Adjusters

My xenon headlight adjusters broke a while ago and I just fabricated new ones out of brass. I was wondering if there is any interest in buying some at $40 per light. As far as I know, the only other option out there costs $80 a light and is made of plastic that could break again. These are pretty much indestructible. Post on this thread if you might be interested, I'd like to know if this would be worthwhile to do.

My Cars
    2000 M5, 2012 X5 35d
    Quote Originally Posted by biliff View Post
    My xenon headlight adjusters broke a while ago and I just fabricated new ones out of brass. I was wondering if there is any interest in buying some at $40 per light. As far as I know, the only other option out there costs $80 a light and is made of plastic that could break again. These are pretty much indestructible. Post on this thread if you might be interested, I'd like to know if this would be worthwhile to do.
    Yup I'll take the ones for one light (should be two per light right?)
    2000 M5
    2012 X5 35d

My Cars
    2000 M5, 2012 X5 35d
    can we see pics?
    2000 M5
    2012 X5 35d

My Cars
    2013 BMW X5
    You should post this on the M5board as well...

I just made a set of my own out of teflon and a ss bolt. I would have purchased (or may even for the other side when they break) a set of yours if they were available at the time.

Thanks.
    --Mike
    --Mike

My Cars
    N/A
    Add www . picoodle . com/ to the following two addresses to see pics.

view.php?srv=img30&img=/8/6/12/f_flatm_a42c88c.jpg
    view.php?srv=img30&img=/8/6/12/f_squarem_182557a.jpg

Sorry to make it so hard but I'm not allowed to post urls yet. It'd be nice if someone could repost them as a link.

The flat one will be 1/16" brass. The square prototype is also 1/16", though the final version will probably be 1/32" since the current one is definately overkill. The part that the adjuster screws into is acetal. These have a bit of a rough finish because they're just prototypes, but they work fine. I'd like to see interest for 2-3 lights before I get the supplies I need and start making them, but more is always better.
    Last edited by biliff; 06-12-2007 at 06:15 PM.

My Cars
    2000 M5, 2012 X5 35d

My Cars
    2000 M5, 2012 X5 35d
    I'm in for one light for sure.

This is half price over current offerings.... it's a good deal as long as you are reasonable with shipping.
    2000 M5
    2012 X5 35d

My Cars
    N/A
    OK, so there's interest for 1 light so far. If I can get interest for one more I'll get what I need to start making them.

Shipping will be as close as possible to the actual rate. They're small, so it shouldn't be much.

I would try to advertise to more audiences, but a lot of sites are really annoying about only letting sponsors post to try to sell things. I'm sure that there are more people out there with broken adjusters.

My Cars
    01 540
    Mine are broken, would you provide a 'how to' with photos with your product?
    Kevin

My Cars
    m52 powered
    I've got broken adjusters but I fixed them in place with zip ties- fuck it.

My Cars
    2000 M5, 2012 X5 35d
    Quote Originally Posted by e39dream View Post
    I've got broken adjusters but I fixed them in place with zip ties- fuck it.
    Yeah I was going to do that... might still do it if I can't get adjusters cheap...
    2000 M5
    2012 X5 35d

My Cars
    m52 powered
    I don't really mind the price so much I guess- theres options on the metal ones that aren't too bad, including these. gotta figure it as a lifetime fix- the trouble for me is I don't want to open these current lights again- don't want to risk breaking them, I'm not buying any more e39 head lights.

I've got 5 halogen 97-00. only a couple match or are worth mounting
    2 xenon 00 m5, my old lights
    3 or 4 various outer covers from 97-00
    box of internals minus celis rings/adjusters from 01+ lights
    boxes of parts- glare guards, auto level motors, gaskets, wires, bulbs- lots of spare bulbs.

e39 for life.

My Cars
    N/A
    Regarding a how-to, I don't think it would be much more helpful for me to make my own how-to than just to point you towards the ones that are already up on the internet. I'll try to find the links.

It isn't that hard to get them apart, you just have you be patient and be sure to keep them warm.

My Cars
    2013 BMW X5
    A heat gun (on LOW) and two large flat blade screwdrivers are all that I needed once all the fasteners are undone from the leveling motor, housing, etc. Take you time and work from section to section. Heat it all up to loosen the adhesive and then use the heat gun as you go to "cut" the sticky parts.
    --Mike

My Cars
    '01 540i 6 speed, '98 Nissan Frontier
    Hi - I'd be interested in getting a couple of your brass E-39 headlight adjusters. Please let me know how! Thanks, Bill

My Cars
    02 530i
    hey bliff,

are you still selling these? i would like to get in as well.

thanks

My Cars
    99 540I, 2000 328ci
    Same here, PM me if you have any.

My Cars
    E90 330i, E36 328i
    i would be interested but i dont want to risk opening my angel eyes i might break something any1 in toronto done it before and i could pay them to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDub View Post
    Hocus pocus make it in focus

My Cars
    m52 powered
    If this guy doesnt get back to you guys pm me, I'm still looking for a few people for an aluminum adjuster group buy.

My Cars
    pending
    one of my vertical adjusters just spins, so i assume i need one of these. PM me if they are available; otherwise, i'll be in touch with e39dream.

My Cars
    m52 powered
    I said that because if you check the date of this it's old as dirt. I had messaged the OP a while back and never heard anything back, and I've sold a set of aluminum ones to applecran so I'm pretty sure he's not doing these.

here's the group buy thread. I'm working to get the price down but so far it's 125.00 per whole car. post there if you decide to go that route.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ight=group+buy

My Cars
    pending
    Quote Originally Posted by e39dream View Post
    I said that because if you check the date of this it's old as dirt. I had messaged the OP a while back and never heard anything back, and I've sold a set of aluminum ones to applecran so I'm pretty sure he's not doing these.

here's the group buy thread. I'm working to get the price down but so far it's 125.00 per whole car. post there if you decide to go that route.
    gracias

My Cars
    2001 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by xpimperx View Post
    hey bliff,

are you still selling these? i would like to get in as well.

thanks
    I would be interested as well.

My Cars
    m52 powered
    This Person Is Not Responding To Requests For These Parts, For The Last Time.

If you want repair parts I can supply aluminum pieces, or you can get plastic ones from odometergears.com