Thread: Negotiating + European Delivery = how much $?

My Cars
    N/A

Negotiating + European Delivery = how much $?

I am highly considering a lease for a new 335i and the ED option seems pretty cool....is there some sort of requirement to pay MSRP to get the ED price, or can you negotiate a price and then deduct the ED discount on top of that? Any info is appreciated, thanks.

My Cars
    X3 3.0
    you have to get the Munich Confidential Price sheet or the Invoice price for ED in other words, add all the options that you want, then usually people offer between $1250-1500 over invoice. So, you will save money, instead of paying the MSRP price.

My Cars
    2016 535ix
    What is this "Europen Delivery" option people keep talking about?

My Cars
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by IrvRobinson View Post
    you have to get the Munich Confidential Price sheet or the Invoice price for ED in other words, add all the options that you want, then usually people offer between $1250-1500 over invoice. So, you will save money, instead of paying the MSRP price.
    Irv, I'm still a little confused. Say the car I want is $47k. If I negotiate it down to say $46k, can I still take the $2800 discount off the $46k, or does it apply to the sticker price only to qualify for the ED option?

My Cars
    X3 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by sal123 View Post
    What is this "Europen Delivery" option people keep talking about?

ok, here are some links:

http://edbmw.com/blog/2006/10/17/how...-your-new-bmw/
    http://edbmw.com/blog/2006/11/10/ano...pean-delivery/
    http://edbmw.com/blog/2007/04/11/how...for-a-new-bmw/
    http://www.edbmw.com/main/eded.html
    http://www.edbmw.com/forums/index.php?board=11.0

if you go through all of this, you have a better idea. There is always the official BMW page as well

http://www.bmwusa.com/BmwExperience/europeandelivery

a little less details, but it will get you started.

My Cars
    2006 330i / 98 M Roadster Estoil Blue (Dad's)
    Quote Originally Posted by wj94 View Post
    Irv, I'm still a little confused. Say the car I want is $47k. If I negotiate it down to say $46k, can I still take the $2800 discount off the $46k, or does it apply to the sticker price only to qualify for the ED option?
    How much does a trip to Germany and shipping the car back cost?

My Cars
    X3 3.0
    here is what usually people do:

get the pricing sheet (if you don't have it, let me know and I'll send you a link), on the pricing sheet, look for the Confidential Price Munich Delivery. That's your base price, add all the options that you want from that sheet, add them up to the base price, include the S&H as well. So basically, this is your invoice price, with the 7% discount already. On top of this price, people usually add $1250-1500 dealer profit. So that should be your final price.

On those sheets, ignore all the MSRP prices. You only want the Confidential Price Munich Delivery.

My Cars
    X3 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitrod View Post
    How much does a trip to Germany and shipping the car back cost?
    the S&H is the same as if you were buying the car from the dealer's lot. It is still included in the price.

The trip to Germany: it depends, Lufthansa offers a 2 for 1 deal for ED customers. It also depends what coast you're on, from the east coast and Midwest, in the summer time, a ticket is around $1000. If you go outside the busy season, let's say starting September, you can get way better deals.

My Cars
    my own
    you guys that are interested in ED should vist bimmerfest.com, it has a couple of dealers that are members of the board and offer great treatment and pricing. Ive seen deals as low as $850 over invoice. They also have a lot of FAQ's and stories by people that have actually gone and done ED.

My Cars
    N/A
    Irv,

If you could please send me the pricing sheet I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks. Also, for those interested, Lufthansa has some special fares coming up for people on the east coast. I've seen as low as $269 round trip from Charlotte to Munich. Cheaper than flying to New York....crazy.

My Cars
    2016 535ix
    Quote Originally Posted by IrvRobinson View Post
    Thanks! That sounds like a very interesting option/vacation in 3 years when it's time to get a new car!

My Cars
    X3 3.0
    Irv,

If you could please send me the pricing sheet I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks. Also, for those interested, Lufthansa has some special fares coming up for people on the east coast. I've seen as low as $269 round trip from Charlotte to Munich. Cheaper than flying to New York....crazy.
    sure, sorry for the delay.

http://www.edbmw.com/forums/index.php?topic=118.0

you should find all the 3 series pricing there

My Cars
    N/A
    Irv,

All I see is a blank post....either I'm blind or the links were deleted. Can you email them to dgoldenz@vt.edu? I'd greatly appreciate it!

My Cars
    X3 3.0
    Irv,

All I see is a blank post....either I'm blind or the links were deleted. Can you email them to dgoldenz@vt.edu? I'd greatly appreciate it!
    oh sorry, I forgot that you can only see them if you're logged in.

I'll email them to you.

My Cars
    N/A
    Irv,

Found the link through a google search. Quite a difference from what a dealer was trying to pull over on me today....if I understand correctly, you are a BMW salesman/Client Advisor? If so, I'd like the chance to speak with you. Thanks.

My Cars
    X3 3.0
    Irv,

Found the link through a google search. Quite a difference from what a dealer was trying to pull over on me today....if I understand correctly, you are a BMW salesman/Client Advisor? If so, I'd like the chance to speak with you. Thanks.
    ok, I'm glad you found them. Yeah, it's always good to do your research before, so I'm glad you did.

sure, you can contact me at irobinson@motorwerks.com or call me at
    847-304-3024

My Cars
    2003 F150 for the winter, looking for a summer toy
    Irv

I think there is also a possible discount for those who sign up for the BMW SCCA car club. I think (dont quote me on this) that you have to sign up, pay the entry fee, $35- $50, and wait 1 year, but this will yield an additional $1k discount on the purchase of any new Bimmer.

I am not sure if this can then also be combined with ED, but I do not see why not.

Has anyone done ED + SCCA Discount, or am I way off on the SCCA monies?

My Cars
    X3 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by SPO421 View Post
    Irv

I think there is also a possible discount for those who sign up for the BMW SCCA car club. I think (dont quote me on this) that you have to sign up, pay the entry fee, $35- $50, and wait 1 year, but this will yield an additional $1k discount on the purchase of any new Bimmer.

I am not sure if this can then also be combined with ED, but I do not see why not.

Has anyone done ED + SCCA Discount, or am I way off on the SCCA monies?
    you're right I got that covered as well in an article

http://edbmw.com/blog/2007/05/06/obt...mw-cca-rebate/

http://www.edbmw.com/forums/index.php?topic=156.0

I put up so many articles on my blog trying to cover all the aspects, hoping that it will pay off and help people get the information faster.