Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I can finally finish my car!

My Cars
    2011 Honda Fit Sport

Talking I can finally finish my car!

so after 5 months so far (motor being done 2 months ago) i can finally get everything put back together. 5 months seems to pass by fast its already June of 2007 hard to beleive.

after selling off the last kit to darksidee36 i had to put together a new kit, ill never do this again in the spring/summer time worst time ever to put a motor/turbo build together (now i understand why people do this over the winter) i swear everything i wanted was either on back order or not in stock.

heres pix of the turbo parts i have been waiting for. so excited cant wait to get her back on the road.

heres a pic of the Manifold from Chris Man. it has a black coating on it. (i didnt want the coating more to that later)

after some paint stripper, pressure washer and a wire brush most of it came off, ill use a bead blaster to get teh rest of the coating off. i like the stainless look better plus its getting wrapped with thermotec graphite heat wrap

i have not clocked the turbo yet just a test fit

Turbo = Precision GT4088 .81ar

the rest of the parts together, TIal 44mm wg, tial 50mm bov and 33x12x4 intercooler

and a final pic of everything in the big picture.

oh yea and the recipient thats been sleeping for 5 months. hasnt moved an inch look at all that dust. (side note Nitrogen in the tires really does go a long way, the tires have kept pressure this long with no deviation)

Nikon D800e | Nikon D700 | MB-D10 | SB900 | SB800 | SB600 | LumPro160 | Nikon 85 1.4G | Sigma 50 1.4 | Sigma 35 1.4

My Cars
    99 M3 *Turbo*, 56 VW 2.2L
    lucky!!! im still waiting for parts...how long was the wait on the manifold if u dont mind me asking? only been a few weeks for me....
    CP Pistons
    Eagle Rods
    T67 Turbo
    Lots and lots of custom goodies and 666 fab schtuuufff

05/01/07 RIP pops

My Cars
    TRM Stage I 325is
    Ive seen that car sitting around. Looks like its going to be pretty sick.

My Cars
    13 Rubicon
    Can't wait man!!

Avus + Big Boost =
    2011 M3 Coupe - Individual Fire Orange/Black Novillo Extended Leather, 6MT, Mode Carbon, Eisenmann Race, BBS CH-R, BC Coil-overs (Sold)
    1995 M3 Coupe - Avus/Hurricane, AEM EMS, Precision Turbo, Boostlogic, H&R, Fikse FM/5, MaxVelocity, Maximum PSI, 20% Tint, etc etc.. (Sold)
    2009 M3 Coupe - AW/Fox Red, 6MT, Carbon Roof, Shadow Trim, etc (Sold)

My Cars
    searching for a new one
    GT40R
    -Dan D
    95 M3 White/Black
    A few bolt ons...
    08 Honda Accord Silver/Black
    EX-L 4 cylinder (wife's car)
    01 Pontiac Grand Prix GT White/Grey
    Daily Driver

My Cars
    97 Evil M3/4, 01 M5

I just found out that my motor is done recently too. I'll be picking up the beast from rebello this friday
    M3 Sedan Club President #21

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by RRdawho? View Post

I just found out that my motor is done recently too. I'll be picking up the beast from rebello this friday
    damn u too! lol jk
    CP Pistons
    Eagle Rods
    T67 Turbo

05/01/07 RIP pops

My Cars
    97 Evil M3/4, 01 M5
    While the motor is out like that, make sure to safety wire your OPN.
    M3 Sedan Club President #21

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    That setup is going to be insane! I am jealous of the turbo! Honestly...I need to pick up that turbo as my street turbo (with an R at the end though). I love all the top mounts happening. Chris is the man!
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    2011 Honda Fit Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMARSH View Post
    lucky!!! im still waiting for parts...how long was the wait on the manifold if u dont mind me asking? only been a few weeks for me....
    ordered mine back in march, just got it today. all i can say is have patience.

Quote Originally Posted by n24tg View Post
    Ive seen that car sitting around. Looks like its going to be pretty sick.
    thanks man, i dont get to see people at the shop because i always come after work.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinawhitem3 View Post
    GT40R
    i wish it was the R. sigh.. just the gt4088 journal bearing turbo but these babies still make 700whp no problem

man that is great news. you sure did come back faster than you anticipated. good luck man, cant wait to see your pix

While the motor is out like that, make sure to safety wire your OPN.

the oil pump nut has been spot welded on

Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    That setup is going to be insane! I am jealous of the turbo! Honestly...I need to pick up that turbo as my street turbo (with an R at the end though). I love all the top mounts happening. Chris is the man!

thanks Cam. i really cant wait to see how this setup does on the street. i wish i could have got the R model but for the price i paid for this non R model i could not pass it up.
    Nikon D800e | Nikon D700 | MB-D10 | SB900 | SB800 | SB600 | LumPro160 | Nikon 85 1.4G | Sigma 50 1.4 | Sigma 35 1.4

My Cars
    '01 Mcoupe / '16 Golf R
    Wow, good to see your car gettin done! That thing is gonna make goooood power...

Since you mentioned you could not pass up the price, how much did you get the gt40 for?

My Cars
    2017 Golf R
    GT40

I paid $1800 for my GT4094R...they are pricy, but when I showed my tuner he caught a hardon...so go figure

My Cars
    2011 Honda Fit Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Schneller Bayer View Post
    Wow, good to see your car gettin done! That thing is gonna make goooood power...

Since you mentioned you could not pass up the price, how much did you get the gt40 for?
    I really hope so.

i can not divluge how much i paid for the turbo online due to an agreement i made with another individual. sorry

Quote Originally Posted by M3Romeo View Post
    GT40

I paid $1800 for my GT4094R...they are pricy, but when I showed my tuner he caught a hardon...so go figure
    yea the Rs are pricey. so you switched to gt4094? i could have sworn your showp was doing a gt35 from your other threads. maybe i read wrong

My Cars
    2017 Golf R
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmoE36 View Post
    yea the Rs are pricey. so you switched to gt4094? i could have sworn your showp was doing a gt35 from your other threads. maybe i read wrong
    The GT35 was another car...I had the gt40 since december 2006

My Cars
    '95 M3, '01 audi allroad
    YES!!! so close! im right there with you bro, 5 months IS a long time.

so whats left? anymore parts to come in?

Top mount GT35R built motor | 536 WHP 18psi

My Cars
    M3
    Sweet, car is going to be a monster this time around!

Curious why did you pressure wash the manifold when you were planning to wrap it anyway?
    Steve

My Cars
    2011 Honda Fit Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Romeo View Post
    The GT35 was another car...I had the gt40 since december 2006
    ah ok that makes sense. i went wit the gt40 because not a lot of people on here have it and i wanted something different. most people have gt35Rs, T67 etc.

good to see another gt40 guy on here

Quote Originally Posted by NickDanger View Post
    YES!!! so close! im right there with you bro, 5 months IS a long time.

so whats left? anymore parts to come in?
    no more parts to wait in. its all just dropping in the motor/trans, manifold with turbo and then fabbing up new piping and break in.

Quote Originally Posted by slcook54 View Post
    Sweet, car is going to be a monster this time around!

Curious why did you pressure wash the manifold when you were planning to wrap it anyway?
    because i wanted to see if the coating was hiding any imperfections because i asked for it to not be coated and yet it still was. dont get me wrong chris is a very nice guy but i am still a paranoid person who likes to check everything.

My Cars
    2017 Golf R
    ah ok that makes sense. i went wit the gt40 because not a lot of people on here have it and i wanted something different. most people have gt35Rs, T67 etc.

good to see another gt40 guy on here
    This is the reason i went with the GT40, no one has it except for me and you now

My Cars
    u waited since march and it still didnt come the way u asked? ouch
    CP Pistons
    Eagle Rods
    T67 Turbo

05/01/07 RIP pops

My Cars
    2011 Honda Fit Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMARSH View Post
    u waited since march and it still didnt come the way u asked? ouch
    yea its ok i understand. hes only one man making these manifolds and im sure hes backed up a lot since everyone on bfc wants one from him. who can blame them. price is on par with other competitors that arent really even making a top mount at this time.

My Cars
    07 RAMHEMi - H&B 630csi
    yea its ok i understand. hes only one man making these manifolds and im sure hes backed up a lot since everyone on bfc wants one from him. who can blame them. price is on par with other competitors that arent really even making a top mount at this time.
    congrats on the progress..

ive been waitning on mine since april

My Cars
    E36s/E90/T-Diesel
    I was wondering about you last week.... Not anymore

I see lots of power heading your way but I wonder who is doing the tuning on your car this time around? Are you still on Tec3?

Rafa,
    BMW-PC F80 M3 HotLapFormula 1000 Video │ 3 Time NASA-SE GTS2 Champ │ TRM Stg.2, Coilovers & Tuning │ Racing Videos[/CENTER]

My Cars
    2011 Honda Fit Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by RkitOut View Post
    congrats on the progress..

ive been waitning on mine since april
    its all about patience. it sucks waiting. i hope yours comes in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ's325ITS View Post
    I was wondering about you last week.... Not anymore

I see lots of power heading your way but I wonder who is doing the tuning on your car this time around? Are you still on Tec3?

Rafa,
    Thans Rafa, im trying to get up there with you other gusy that have been boosting for a while. i just want to enjoy the car.

Yes im still using tec 3.

my motor didint pop from tuning last time. there was a bent rod left in the motor and it finally went when i upped the boost during tuning.

Ed from balanced performance will be doing the tuning again.

My Cars
    E36s/E90/T-Diesel
    its all about patience. it sucks waiting. i hope yours comes in soon.

Thans Rafa, im trying to get up there with you other gusy that have been boosting for a while. i just want to enjoy the car.

Yes im still using tec 3.

my motor didint pop from tuning last time. there was a bent rod left in the motor and it finally went when i upped the boost during tuning.

Ed from balanced performance will be doing the tuning again.

Cool Shawn. Hit me up when you get it done, I got a couple of local racers that need their ass kick

Good luck,
    Rafa.
    BMW-PC F80 M3 HotLapFormula 1000 Video │ 3 Time NASA-SE GTS2 Champ │ TRM Stg.2, Coilovers & Tuning │ Racing Videos[/CENTER]

My Cars
    E46 M3 Turbo 7675BB
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ's325ITS View Post
    Cool Shawn. Hit me up when you get it done, I got a couple of local racers that need their ass kick

Good luck,
    Rafa.
    He would be your amn,since he car will now be considered a race car!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast