Thread: CarChemesty CC Inserts instead of glasspacks ?

My Cars
    EuroSpec ///M3 286Hp

CarChemesty CC Inserts instead of glasspacks ?

Hi, I was looking for some glass packs for my car, because its pretty loud (I have eissenman race and no cats), and a friend of mine recommended me this website:

www.carchemistry.com

Has any of you guys used this stuff ?

They look like rifle silencers.... are they any good ?

There's a lot of tech info on their site....

"Into the game enters a new product. CC INSERTS. These muffler replacements make use of a design so unique that is a patented design. First of all the design is a “straight through” design. Thus not creating back pressure by placing baffles or pulse diverters in the path of air flow. No packing is used. The Insert requires no case, saving weight. It is so effective that an Insert weighing no more than ¾’s of a pound will allow virtually any engine to meet the sound requirements, with minimal to no power loss. In fact low and midrange power generally increases. Where top end power is lost it can be compensated for with the normal tuning change typically needed with a slight increase in back pressure. Since scavenging is a function of the free flow of the exhaust pulse, a design such as the CC INSERTS does not negate the scavenging effect of an uninterrupted pulse. The unit is so compact that the Insert is only about 7” long and can be cut even shorter if needed. For racing or street use you only need one Insert in each collector or exhaust pipe."

Powered by BMW ///Motorsport

Click HERE for more pics...

My Cars
    Been an E/36 addict since '00
    50$...try it w/video and audio clips before AND after.

My Cars
    E84 X1 35i ///M
    I am running them now, I went with dual 2.5" pipes and dual high flow cats to a pair of resonators and then to the cat back, and it was WAY to LOUD, so I tried the inserts and it did quiet it down to where the car is now drivable.... not so much before.... I did notice an increase in boost pressure so they do create some back pressure but I doubt it would be even noticeable on a NA car.... other than the increase in boost on the gauge I would not have noticed.

Read the instructions, the closer you place them to the header the more effect they have. I had to place mine after the cats, the are not to be used pre-cat
    2015 E84 X1 35i ///M +JB4
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    RIP --- 98 ///M3 Mods:- Eurosport TS - (EVO)Euro 6-speed

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    Wonder how my single 3" would sound with them.

My Cars
    EuroSpec ///M3 286Hp
    Any pics with those installed ?