Thread: Bosch 24lb Injector Part Number

My Cars
    1995 Cosmos M3

Bosch 24lb Injector Part Number

Thinking of doing 3.5" HFM, 24lb injectors, and TMS chip for my 95 M3 in the future, so I'm doing research now. Anyone know the part number for the 24lb injectors that come with the TMS kit? I'm trying to be thrifty with this upgrade, so I'd rather find the parts used.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...JCINTAKEEURO24

I've only seen 1 or 2 references to Bosch 0-280-155-715, so I'm not sure if this is it. Can anyone with the TMS kit confirm? Thanks!

I'm trying to stay away from Ford Motorsport/Racing fuel injectors because there seems to be a discrepancy in the rated flow vs fuel pressure.
    ex-1995 Cosmos M3 Coupé - deck spoiler / koni struts + shocks / x-brace / clears / unstaggered contours / yokohama avs es100 / alu thermostat housing / emp water pump / porterfield r4-s pads / gc rtab shims / bavauto ss brake lines / fdm / ie rsm plates / kicker sub + box + amp / sylvania silverstar lows / lamin-x / loc-tite'd opn / lots of refurbishing
    Retired - mason strut brace / jl stealthboxes / tms chip + hfm / s&b filter + outerwears / ecis heatshield / alpine 9835 + aux
    E36 ///M DIY & Tech - Door Handles / Underpanel / Coolant Hoses / Gear Ratios / 3.5" Intake / Lower Chain Tensioner / Threaded Starter / IAT Sensor / 24# Injectors

My Cars
    1995 Cosmos M3
    No one?

On the Turner site, I see this 24# injector set:

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...UCT_ID=24LBINJ

And on the Five-O site, I see this set:

http://fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_...DS.asp#bosch24

Except for a difference in color saturation, the two look exactly alike. And the Five-O set has "0280155715" directly stamped on the body.
    ex-1995 Cosmos M3 Coupé - deck spoiler / koni struts + shocks / x-brace / clears / unstaggered contours / yokohama avs es100 / alu thermostat housing / emp water pump / porterfield r4-s pads / gc rtab shims / bavauto ss brake lines / fdm / ie rsm plates / kicker sub + box + amp / sylvania silverstar lows / lamin-x / loc-tite'd opn / lots of refurbishing
    Retired - mason strut brace / jl stealthboxes / tms chip + hfm / s&b filter + outerwears / ecis heatshield / alpine 9835 + aux
    E36 ///M DIY & Tech - Door Handles / Underpanel / Coolant Hoses / Gear Ratios / 3.5" Intake / Lower Chain Tensioner / Threaded Starter / IAT Sensor / 24# Injectors

My Cars
    Z4 Coupe - '97 4Runner
    I believe that is the correct part number but I have only seen a couple references as well. Did you ever find out for sure if it is the correct part number?

RRSperry is offline Senior Moment Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    95 ///M3sc, '21 C8 HTC
    You don't need them unless you have, or are planning to add cams. Unless you really track the car. (lots and lots of time >6K rpm)
    No matter where you go, there you are...

My Cars
    1995 Cosmos M3
    Quote Originally Posted by ahuff View Post
    I believe that is the correct part number but I have only seen a couple references as well. Did you ever find out for sure if it is the correct part number?
    No. Unfortunately, this is as far as I got.

My Cars
    04/95 BMW M3
    rrsperry is right, if you're not demanding more from your engine, the factory ones are more than sufficient. they don't yield more power. the only thing they really do is keep you from leaning out, in the very least.

as far as the part number....mine are installed and i can't see anything. sorry.
    patrick

My Cars
    ESS 625++
    Don't do it. srsly.
    ESS 625
    RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

My Cars
    E36s/E90/T-Diesel
    24lbs ford injectors $149 I'm using 42's in my turbo car and they are for Ford's

Good luck,
    Rafa
    BMW-PC F80 M3 HotLapFormula 1000 Video │ 3 Time NASA-SE GTS2 Champ │ TRM Stg.2, Coilovers & Tuning │ Racing Videos[/CENTER]

My Cars
    Z4 Coupe - '97 4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by RRSperry View Post
    You don't need them unless you have, or are planning to add cams. Unless you really track the car. (lots and lots of time >6K rpm)
    I dynoed my car with the stock 17lb/hr injectors and I was starting to lean out at RPMs above 5750. At 7000 rpm, I was at a AFR of 14. I also track the car. Even if you do not track the car and put the 3.5" intake and HFM on in CA where most places only sell 91 octane, you will most likely be running extremely lean at high RPM. One more thing, my stock injectors that I got from my brother have >100k miles on them now. I'm sure they are dirty as hell by now and need to be replaced. It seems to make sense for me to do the 24lb/hr upgrade while I am replacing the injectors.

http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.co...64/4706230.htm

http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.co...ge/4782443.htm

If you look at the second link, the actual measured flow rate is only 22.45lb/hr @ a fuel pressure of 3 bar. To put this in perspective, the 325i/95 M3 injectors flow at a rate of 15.5lb/hr @ 3 bar. The 328i/96+ M3 injectors flow at a rate of 20.4lb/hr @ 3 bar according to the measured flow rate. My point is that the "24lb/hr" injectors only flow 22.45lb/hr which is only 10% higher than the 96+ M3 flow rate. So, I wouldn't say the injectors are overkill or worthless like a couple people are saying.

Anyway, this is just my rational. Take from it what you may.

My Cars
    98 M3 Sedan
    14 a/f @ 7k? why you wanna ** wit it?

if you REALLY want em... Ford Motorsport BOSCH works fine. Those pencil lookin' deals are ford oe equip. I think.

BTW alot guys have some used pink tops sittin around, cheaper..
    Last edited by jayhudson; 06-30-2008 at 10:06 AM.

My Cars
    Z4 Coupe - '97 4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by Devius1 View Post
    14 a/f @ 7k? why you wanna f**k wit it?

if you REALLY want em... Ford Motorsport BOSCH works fine. Those pencil lookin' deals are ford oe equip. I think.

BTW alot guys have some used pink tops sittin around, cheaper..
    I plan on putting the 3.5" intake and HFM on. So, I'm assuming my AFR will be noticeably higher @ 7000 rpm. I really do not want to run lean at the track and risk predetonation or blow my head gasket. The 24lb injectors (rebuilt and cleaned are $150 shipped) should give me a bit more margin over the pink tops (again roughly $150 shipped). In addition to that the only place I found software for the pink tops is at AA and they charge significantly more than conforti. And, I may eventually put in the schrick cams if my car lasts long enough.

I thought the "pencil" looking ones had better atomization and cooling properties as compared to the Bosch injectors. Right?
    Last edited by ahuff; 06-30-2008 at 12:25 AM.

My Cars
    Z4 Coupe - '97 4Runner
    FWIW...The following is some information I found about the EV6 (pencil looking ones as previously described) injectors. The stock injectors are the EV1 style injectors.

Second Generation Bosch Fuel Injectors

Bosch has launched a broader line of gasoline fuel injectors for current and older domestic and import vehicles. The first electronic fuel injection system utilized "EV1" injectors. The modern, second generation injectors (EV6), in widespread use on new cars since 1992, are stronger, more durable and efficient.

“The EV6 is ‘over molded’ to form a one-piece injector with no internal seals or seams to leak,” Suter explained. “With fewer parts it is naturally lighter, more compact and easier to install. The injector provides a greater fuel dynamic flow range and refined spray pattern for improved fuel atomization and mixture combustion. An improved seat design yields a more positive seal, and less current draw reduces the possibility of ECU failure. Further, its increased dynamic range provides smoother performance and better fuel metering throughout a broad RPM range. Plus its outstanding hot-fuel behavior reduces the formation of bubbles in hot fuel for improved driveability.”

Bosch’s new EV6 injectors are designed for installation in domestic and imported vehicles currently equipped with them, or interchanged with older-technology OE injectors in selected older vehicles. With their superior fuel flow and spray pattern, the EV6 should improve vehicle fuel and operating efficiency when replacing older-type injectors.

My Cars
    95 M3
    I just bought a set of 24lb 280-155-715 from Turner. I can confirm this part number. Please don't tell me you found em for half price elsewhere.

The injectors are a smidge shorter than the 280-150-927's they were replacing. You have to install them in the fuel rail first ... then slide into manifold.

dipstick

My Cars
    E46 '03 M3 & E36 '95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstick View Post
    I just bought a set of 24lb 280-155-715 from Turner. I can confirm this part number. Please don't tell me you found em for half price elsewhere.

The injectors are a smidge shorter than the 280-150-927's they were replacing. You have to install them in the fuel rail first ... then slide into manifold.

dipstick
    Does anyone know why the flow rate is slightly under 24lbs? Do they normally run lower? I'm just curious.

0-280-155-715 22.45lbs, 235.9CC/MIN, 169.7GRAMS, 43.5PSI, 3BAR

0-280-150-927 21.8lbs, 229.1CC/MIN, 164.8GRAMS

1995 M3
    2003 M3

My Cars
    95 ///M3sc, '21 C8 HTC
    I'm pretty sure that the 24#/hr injectors are a Ford MotorSport part. They actually flow slightly more than 24#/hr because they are rated for a lower fuel pressure. Pretty sure they are rated at 3 bar and M3's run 3.5 bar pressure.

My Cars
    e36 M3 ,e30 325I,07 335I
    ttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/24LB-BOSCH-FORD-RACING-FUEL-INJECTORS-MUSTANG-BMW-LT1_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a04b7a262QQitemZ18 0467769954QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcce ssories
    will these work for my 99 m3??

24LB BOSCH FORD RACING FUEL INJECTORS MUSTANG BMW LT1 at ebay.com....will these work on a 99 m3??
    Last edited by mpower32; 02-12-2010 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by mpower32 View Post
    ttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/24LB-BOSCH-FORD-RACING-FUEL-INJECTORS-MUSTANG-BMW-LT1_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a04b7a262QQitemZ18 0467769954QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcce ssories
    will these work for my 99 m3??

24LB BOSCH FORD RACING FUEL INJECTORS MUSTANG BMW LT1 at ebay.com....will these work on a 99 m3??
    You need part number 0280150947.

They are blue tops.
    Ask the seller, if it is the part he's selling.
    In an M3 @3.5 bar, they will flow about 25.5lbs.
    Last edited by Balthazarr; 02-12-2010 at 12:08 PM.
    Walk a mile in my shoes and you are a mile away in someone else's shoes.
    Goodridge*UUC sways* Black TME's and mounts( switched from Red)* x-brace*brembo rotors*Zimmerman rear*Pagid*Riken Raptors* Roja Formula 7's (Bronze)* Stromung*Powdercoated AA DSB* OMP strut bar*GC RSM's* M3 alum/leather knob*JTD underpanel *Traffic PRO (sold) *Black hella Ellipsoids w/celis rings * ACS Pedals*ACS handbrake*RE Octane SSK*Wheelskins Eurotones S/ Wheel Cover( tossed-replaced with new one)* Totally Covers Front seat velour covers with custom styling *Rieger roof spoiler-lost it on fwy Stock A/B*URI CP (ditched years ago)*540 HFM (sold) Stock HFM (BeckArnley)*FMS 24 lb inj*Alum rad and some other stuff*Konis w/adj rr's*Vogtland springs ** Passport 8500(sold)*Passpprt 7500 (sold V1-1.8 with POP) No detectors at all.
    Coming...nada

BMWCCA-303681

My Cars
    95 Avus Blue M3///96 Boston Green 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazarr View Post
    You need part number 0280150947.

They are blue tops.
    Ask the seller, if it is the part he's selling.
    In an M3 @3.5 bar, they will flow about 25.5lbs.
    Why not go for the EV6's? They will fit right?

My car is running lean right now so I need to add some fuel. Looking for a set of 24# injectors to replace these 17.5# turds. Also, I went to Smog and failed from having real high NO from burning lean/hot.
    Last edited by wheresmym3; 03-25-2010 at 02:33 PM.
    ----Dave----

My Cars
    95 ///M3sc, '21 C8 HTC
    Perhaps you should find out why the car is running lean during emissions testing? (it shouldn't) I don't think that any test causes the ECU to run in open loop, so the AFR is controlled by the ECU and the O2 sensor. (along with some other inputs)

It's entirely possible that your injectors are not function well, are dirty or clogged, and that servicing them, or replacing them is a solution. Just installing larger injectors with no supporting tune is just not a smart or effective move.

My Cars
    Perhaps you should find out why the car is running lean during emissions testing? (it shouldn't) I don't think that any test causes the ECU to run in open loop, so the AFR is controlled by the ECU and the O2 sensor. (along with some other inputs)
    I know it's in closed loop. Just saying I think there might be a problem with my injectors or maybe even my fpr? My 02 has only 35k on it but I planned to switch it with a new one to check.

It's entirely possible that your injectors are not function well, are dirty or clogged, and that servicing them, or replacing them is a solution. Just installing larger injectors with no supporting tune is just not a smart or effective move.
    For the cost to inspect and clean them I would rather just buy new injectors hence upping to 24#. I wholly believe I would be fine with 21.5# but why? If i'm upgrading might as well leave some for upgrading down the road (cams).

Plus, I think need the fuel on the top end. There is already concern on 95's (as long as I been on the forum) with tuning in Cali about pinging and having to much advance for the fuel here and our injectors. Issues that 96+ don't have.

I really don't understand people who say it's stupid or totally overkill. My wifes 328i came with 21.5 from the factory. I have everything you could have but cams which I will get eventually and feel the injectors just don't cut the mustard late in the rev range. Add in the fact they have 125k on them and they are pumping even at a lower efficiency now.

Why would anyone run a different injector without a tune for it? Did I ever insinuate that??

Sorry, back to topic at hand. Can anyone confirm the EV6 part number will work?
    Last edited by wheresmym3; 03-25-2010 at 02:34 PM.
    ----Dave----

My Cars
    1995 E36 M3
    So i found these injectors two weeks ago on ebay! i placed a bid on it with a dollar more than starting bid, not caring if i won or not. Didnt check on it for a while and ended up winning. My question is if these injectors are even good? It has ford on it and the part # is 0 280 155 715. Its for my 1995 M3, not to bright with bmw still a noob! Any help would be great!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by JLVE36M3 View Post
    So i found these injectors two weeks ago on ebay! i placed a bid on it with a dollar more than starting bid, not caring if i won or not. Didnt check on it for a while and ended up winning. My question is if these injectors are even good? It has ford on it and the part # is 0 280 155 715. Its for my 1995 M3, not to bright with bmw still a noob! Any help would be great!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180477402975&viewitem= &sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT
    Listing removed according to ebay.

Ck on FiveoMS for that number.

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/product-search/?v=11593
    If it's the plastic body, I'd not buy them, but that's me.
    I prefer the metal.
    Last edited by Balthazarr; 03-19-2010 at 11:40 AM.
    Walk a mile in my shoes and you are a mile away in someone else's shoes.
    Goodridge*UUC sways* Black TME's and mounts( switched from Red)* x-brace*brembo rotors*Zimmerman rear*Pagid*Riken Raptors* Roja Formula 7's (Bronze)* Stromung*Powdercoated AA DSB* OMP strut bar*GC RSM's* M3 alum/leather knob*JTD underpanel *Traffic PRO (sold) *Black hella Ellipsoids w/celis rings * ACS Pedals*ACS handbrake*RE Octane SSK*Wheelskins Eurotones S/ Wheel Cover( tossed-replaced with new one)* Totally Covers Front seat velour covers with custom styling *Rieger roof spoiler-lost it on fwy Stock A/B*URI CP (ditched years ago)*540 HFM (sold) Stock HFM (BeckArnley)*FMS 24 lb inj*Alum rad and some other stuff*Konis w/adj rr's*Vogtland springs ** Passport 8500(sold)*Passpprt 7500 (sold V1-1.8 with POP) No detectors at all.
    Coming...nada

BMWCCA-303681

My Cars
    1995 E36 M3
    I already have the injectors, So i don't have much choice. Let me take some pictures of it and post it up! See what you think

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by JLVE36M3 View Post
    I already have the injectors, So i don't have much choice. Let me take some pictures of it and post it up! See what you think
    Any update? I found the EV6 style for $200 (8) and came across this interesting thread (about EV6 injectors) while looking for them:

http://www.m42club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233

EDIT...the link up top is working for me now. Six for $137. Thanks.
    Last edited by wheresmym3; 03-25-2010 at 02:36 PM.
    ----Dave----