Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 335i 2007 fuel pump ????

My Cars
    335i 2007

335i 2007 fuel pump ????

I bought my 2007 335i back in October and about a month ago I turned on my baby to go to work and it would not start.. It sounded like the fuel pump. I got it towed to the dealership and yep it was the fuel pump….. I thought this would just take a day or two…. Nope! This piece is in back order for about a month I was told they might get it next week..

p.s. I also got them to take off a car payment…

My Cars
    335i BMW black metallic sedan

Angry Faulty HP fuel pump

Mine went up about 4 months after purchasing the car...luckily for me they had one in stock and I was back in my car in 2 days.

It runs fine now...good luck.

My Cars
    335i
    just wondering if the pump issue has been resolved on newer build cars. Mine is next week...thanks.
    07 E92| sapphire black/black dakota interior| nav|premium|sport|steptronic|19 star spoke rims|
    comfort access| Ipod integration|dealer installed alarm system|aero kit|painted calipers/reflectors|3m non metallic tint

My Cars
    2007 335i
    I have been without my 335i for 5 weeks now. Stopped by the service department today and was told there are about 100 fuel pump orders in front of ours. The sa said we'd be out at least another two weeks.

We only had the damned thing 4 months before the fuel pump went out - and we had it in the service department twice for surging and hard starting. This is our first BMW ... and most certainly our last.

Push the dealership to pick up a payment or two. They've offered it to us and that softens the blow somewhat.

My Cars
    07 BMW 335i 6MT Coupe, 04 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by budman1 View Post
    I have been without my 335i for 5 weeks now. Stopped by the service department today and was told there are about 100 fuel pump orders in front of ours. The sa said we'd be out at least another two weeks.

We only had the damned thing 4 months before the fuel pump went out - and we had it in the service department twice for surging and hard starting. This is our first BMW ... and most certainly our last.

Push the dealership to pick up a payment or two. They've offered it to us and that softens the blow somewhat.
    Curious as to what they gave you as a loaner to drive? I don't know about IL, but in FL you would be in "Lemon Law" territory. Invoking that has a way of speeding things up.

'07 335i Coupe 6MT, Space Gray, Gray Leather, Gray Poplar,
    Sport, Premium, Sirius, Alarm System, Sport Shifter, Cell Dock

My Cars
    all
    probably shouldnt have bought the first year of bmw's new turbo car....

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    I don't see how the fuel pump on this car would be any different than any other car ... it's not like we are taking a 500hp special fuel pump here.

It sounds like an outsourcing problem...
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    '07 328i coupe de grace
    Any 328I's out there with this problem????

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I don't see how the fuel pump on this car would be any different than any other car ... it's not like we are taking a 500hp special fuel pump here.

Isn't the direct injection system's high pressure fuel pump indeed different than the pumps on "any other" car?. It was my understanding that the 335i has two pumps, a conventional pump that feeds the high pressure pump, and the high pressure pump itself. It is the HP pump that is experiencing problems. It may indeed still be an outsourcing problem with Siemens as you say.
    Last edited by Mark335i; 04-18-2007 at 03:19 PM.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony P View Post
    Any 328I's out there with this problem????
    I don't think the 328i uses the pump in question.

My Cars
    '07 328i coupe de grace
    Good to know...

My Cars
    335 Coupe (2007)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj View Post
    probably shouldnt have bought the first year of bmw's new turbo car....
    Somebody can't afford the upgrade.

My Cars
    335 Coupe (2007)
    Are fuel pumps (even specialty ones) really that hard to make/ship?

Was this issue taken car of in newer makes? I know the bulletin that was posted came out in early fall of 2006.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by AEarlM View Post
    Are fuel pumps (even specialty ones) really that hard to make/ship?

Was this issue taken car of in newer makes? I know the bulletin that was posted came out in early fall of 2006.
    There is one case I've seen posted of a 335i delivered Feb '07 that had it happen. Other than that one, every one I've read about was 2006 production. The launch of the E93 335i and the impending 535 launch, plus the continued demand for the E92 and E90 335i's, is making it harder to get replacements for the failed ones in the field.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark335i View Post
    Isn't the direct injection system's high pressure fuel pump indeed different than the pumps on any other car?. It was my understanding that the 335i has two pumps, a conventional pump that feeds the high pressure pump, and the high pressure pump itself. It is the HP pump that is experiencing problems. It may indeed still be an outsourcing problem with Siemens as you say.
    Damn... I forgot about the direct injection on these cars. They are indeed running a dual fuel pump setup. I do believe that all the E90,E91,E92,E93 all use the same in tank fuel pump, but the 335i uses an additional high pressure fuel pump which I guess the part that is failing when they said fuel pump.

I'll have to research the pump more before I speak anymore useless knowledge.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    e36 325i 5MT, e36 M3 5MT
    This fuel pump thing is interesting.
    I know that the VW 2.0T FSI motors are getting fuel cuts after getting flashed by a surtain software company because the fuel pump can't keep up with the fuel required by the engine. The software increases the boost so much that the engine needs a lot more fuel.

So, Are these pumps failing under stock situations or is the pump failing on software modified vehicles?
    I'm just curious if the same scenario is going on here.

My Cars
    None
    Hey guys!

BMW is well aware of the fuel pump issue. The downside is that there isn't enough fuel pumps and some cars have been sitting at the dealer for more than 2 weeks waiting for one.

These pumps are failing even on stock and modified 335i's and retail cost is over $1200.00.

My Cars
    E36 328i sport coupe
    Can you post any link to any BMW info on this one?

BMW is well aware of the fuel pump issue.
    Evidence, please.
    2006 335i Coupe. Manual. Black Sapphire, black high-gloss shadowline, black leather, high-gloss black interior trim.

My Cars
    335 Coupe (2007)
    Here
    Attached Files Attached Files

My Cars
    e30

its a high pressure injection pump similar to a diesel, no comparison at all to 328.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quote Originally Posted by crash8168 View Post
    its a high pressure injection pump similar to a diesel, no comparison at all to 328.
    Damn... I forgot about the direct injection on these cars. They are indeed running a dual fuel pump setup. I do believe that all the E90,E91,E92,E93 all use the same in tank fuel pump, but the 335i uses an additional high pressure fuel pump which I guess the part that is failing when they said fuel pump.

I'll have to research the pump more before I speak anymore useless knowledge.

My Cars
    e36 325i 5MT, e36 M3 5MT
    Here
    Thanks for the info!

My Cars
    e36 325i 5MT, e36 M3 5MT
    Is the part number different on the new pump compared to the old pump?

If so, when I get my car, I want to check to see if I have the new fuel pump, but where is it located?

My Cars
    '07 335i, '05 Touareg V8, '07 F150 King Ranch
    Here
    Ours has fallen to the bad fuel pump issue; 6K on the clock, 12/06 build.

Hard starting / slow start prompted a trip to the dealer. They went through the bulletin and determined it was the high pressure pump. Amazingly, our SA told us we're 86th on the list!! So, it's either going to take a few days or a few weeks to get the replacement. They're unsure when the pump manufacturer will be producing/shipping the units, hence the uncertainty.

Though the rental's all on BMW, it still sucks.

My wife and I are .
    '07 335i Coupe, Montego Blue, Saddle Brown, Sport, Premium, Nav, Paddles, Comfort, Active Steering, Park Assist, Bluetooth, and Heated Bun Warmers
    Ordered 11/1/06; Delv. 1/20/07

My Cars
    335i 2007
    Well after a month and a half I got my car back. You would think I would be happy Right? Wrong It would have been just a month but they shipped my pump to the wrong dealer… (Ya right!)… And what made it even nicer..

Picture this! Your car sitting at the dealership for over a month and services guy pulls up a car. Leaving you wounding whose car that is. IT WAS MINE THE NICE PEOPLE AT THE DEALERSHIPER NEVER WASH IT! And to add to the great serves they scuff my front bumper…… which I know get to take back and have them fix it………
    Last edited by adrianb26; 04-25-2007 at 05:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast