Thread: The truth about DA Motorsport (so called 1000hp M3) - Scam artists!

My Cars
    None

The truth about DA Motorsport (so called 1000hp M3) - Scam artists!

Hello guys,
    I'm Rija the owner of maybe 500 hp turbo m3 instead of 1000hp promised by DA MOTORSPORT in turkey...
    this is the story:
    at first we contacted him by mail and after several mailing we agreed about the amount of 1000hp turbo kit. This amount was 9600 euro
    We brought the car there on april 2005. We transfered about 4000 euros before bringing the car in turkey. Once we arrived there Mert told me that he must modify the chassis unless DAMOTORSPORT can't make the car testings... i agreed. I stayed 2 days in istanbul.
    When i went back to France he wrote me this e-mail:
    De : da-motorsport <info@da-motorsport.com>Répondre à : info@da-motorsport.com
    I found an excellent turbocharger for you.
    This new charger is a new world. Will make the M3 a super fast car.What you need is:
    1-You need new valves.
    Also your valve springs must be changed with modifiedones. Your current valve springs cannot open and close at 2.2 bar of boostpressure. 9 of the valves are worn and when they are seated they do not seatproperly. Also most of the valve steams are worn. We will buy new valves andalso heavy duty valve springs.
    Your current valve springs must be changed. Racing valve springs, upper and lower titanium retainers will be installed. 1640 euro including labor of the head and installation.
    2- - Chasis must be modified. You were in my car and this is no joke. If we donot modify the rear end of the M3 we will damage it during software tuning. Wemust do it. The first part that will fail is the rear subframe. The final drivecarrier will flex and damage the transmission and propeller shaft. We willdamage these parts during software tuning. 1.420 Euro for chasis and finaldrive carrier mods.
    3- We need a X brace 245 Euro
    4- Front tower brace 420 Euro
    5-Rear tower brace 540 Euro. Without these 3 items we cannot test the car. This is not a child’s game. Chasis flexes under 1000 nm of torque if you do notinstall these parts. In fact with the new turbocharger we will make 1150 nM oftorque.
    6- Two tires 255-40-17 Bridgestone S03 480 Euro (here we have expensivetires)
    7- Final drive price is 1.540 Euro. We can get a final drive for 1100 euro butthese will be too old. Old ones have less than 25 % lock. So you need a goodconditioned one. 1540 euro includes installation and differential oil.
    8- You need the clutch which we use. Your current clucth and pressure platewill not hold under 1150 nM of torque and needs to be replaced. 1260 Euro
    9- You also need a flywheel, your flywheel is worn and need to be replaced witha stronger one. Standard M3 flywheels get damaged under 2.2 bar. Moreover yourcurrent flywheel is worn. 960 Euro.
    10- You need to buy the sway bars that we have offered you. 690 Euro. This isa chasis modification.
    11- Please send me the timing chain rails which you should bring earlier.
    12- You will also need 3 gauges inside your car.
    A- Boost gauge of 2.5 bar 177 EURO
    B- Exhaust gas temperature gauge 233 Euro
    C- Fuel pressure gauge 246 EuroThese 3 gauges are very important to monitor any problem of the car. Sometimes ahose can be loose and you will have 0 psi of boost and this will be seen withthe help of the gauge. Exhaust temperature gauge is a MUST for all turbochargedcars. EGT gauge shows what is going on inside the engine.
    13- Forged piston production is 4-5 weeks as the drag season is approaching isUSA. I do not prefer waiting 5 weeks. If we want them to produce the pistonsin 7 days we have to pay an additional fee of 380 Euro. If you want to wait 5weeks the complete project will be delayed, because we need to install thepistons and program the softare and also test the car which will take 1000 km. The long piston production time is not our fault. As you have arrived 1 monthlater than the predetermined time schedule, our piston producer has becomebusier. It depends on you, we can wait for 5 weeks. As I wrote above, thecomplete project will be delayed due to the 5 weeks.Total cost of the new items is 10.231 Euro.
    Plus the main turbocharger kit.What was the 1000 hp Turbo Kit that we have offered you? 9.700 Euro orsomething like that? I have to go back and check my old mails so please informus about the “price of the main kit”.These items MUST be changed. Without these items we cannot modify your car. Once again if one of these items fail we cannot finish the 1000 hp project. Youhave been in my car and saw how it was. We have serious boost pressures. YourM3 will run at 2.2 bar and rev 8300 rpm.
    We need to receice money in order to buy these parts. Please confirm the totalamount of the new items and also the main price of the turbo kit and we arewaiting for your money transfer. It will be faster to send money with WesternUnion.
    Thanks God I have found a “wonderful” turbocharger for your M3 and we will makea very very fast M3. In fact your M3 will be faster than mine. Once you comehere we will test yours and mine.On Sunday I have found a SL 65 and kicked it. It was so nice and cannot tellyou how it felt. Highway and I hit 330km/h. SL 65 was shocked. My camera hadno casette inside. I wish there was a casette inside. SL65 tried to beat usand we flied and there was a huge difference between us. Your M3 will be a SL65 and GT2 Killer.Best regardsMert DASTAN--DA Team ChiefS50B32 + Garrett GT42 = 1.000+ hp--

-We checked the flywheel: it's an original one. We paid for a modified one as you see in his mail...
    -Not even one Gauge inside the car. Have you read his prices????
    -Sway bars are original ones... we paid 690 euros
    -1.420 Euro for chasis and final drive carrier mods: No final drive carrier modification at all.
    We don't have a ball bearing turbocharger just a small one with A/R .60, that will never output 1000 hp.
    When i finished paying the total amount after about 10 months the car was not finished. Mert kept it 8 months more to finish it. I went back there on september 2006 to take it.
    I was so deceived to see that on DAMOTORSPORT dyno the car didn't show 1000 hp. Maybe 330 rwhp...
    And so on... DAMOTORSPORT just ripped us off, the kept all my original parts, maybe they sold them, if you read this Mert you should be ashamed.
    There are many things that i didn't say here but ask question if you want... I will post some pictures of DA MOTORSPORT work, TSI wires like rubbish.
    From Istanbul to France the car ate 5 liters of oil!!! is that normal????
    Conclusion, if you want to be ripped off, buy a kit from DA MOTORSPORT...
    Some friends of mine have also had problems with Mert... They didn't get their parts.
    Taken from a Turkish BMW forum. I am sooo not surprised, they couldn't even come up with a simple dyno sheet for their claimed 1000hp.

Mert Dasdan (owner) from DA Motorsport has also been trying to tell me that an E46 M3 loses 38% of its engine power once the power gets to the rear wheel.

He has been asked to race a local (Local to Istanbul, Turkey) Single Turbo Supra, and never ever showed up since he knew that the Supra would rip him an other hole.

I am just speachless!

My Cars
    5/94 Euro 325i coupe
    Towed to the FI forum

Quote Originally Posted by ClintonM3 View Post
    the Audi A4 is a tweaked, cosmetically enhanced, cross platform, put-together overnight VW.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeuser528e View Post
    Staggard setups are for cars that you park at show meets. They go well with 5 screens and 3 12"s.

My Cars
    Lucid AirGT, 97 M3 S54
    Old news, the owner posted that info in this forum about 6 months ago as well. We know how much of a crook he is.
    A word of Internet Forum wisdom: Disregard any advice that begins with "I've heard..."

97 M3/4 - S54, TRM Coilovers, UUC SSK/Sways/LTW Flywheel

My Cars
    Evo MR
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuasha View Post
    Old news, the owner posted that info in this forum about 6 months ago as well. We know how much of a crook he is.
    I've never come across anything about DA before......I'm just glad I haven't done any business with them before!

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    After reading that, why do I get the impression that this guy got swindled by Borat?

I love the whole story about waiting for the pistons. Mechtech did that same thing to me. You know for a fact that is just a way to pocket some extra money. Jim of Mechtech and Mert must have swapped secrets in a cell some time ago like in the movie BLOW. Except they didn't end up working with eachother.

Why did I get the feeling that when reading the story, Mert was never going to install the things he said must be installed or he can't build the car? It was so sad to see at the end that I was correct. I bet the guy doesn't even have upgraded valve springs, valves, retainers or any of that. i mean what is to stop Mert from not installing things he can't see if he didn't install things he can see? Crrrrrrazy!

The closing is the best part of all!
    Thanks God I have found a “wonderful” turbocharger for your M3 and we will makea very very fast M3. In fact your M3 will be faster than mine. Once you comehere we will test yours and mine.On Sunday I have found a SL 65 and kicked it. It was so nice and cannot tellyou how it felt. Highway and I hit 330km/h. SL 65 was shocked. My camera hadno casette inside. I wish there was a casette inside. SL65 tried to beat usand we flied and there was a huge difference between us. Your M3 will be a SL65 and GT2 Killer.Best regards Mert DASTAN--DA Team Chief
    No cassette huh?

I actually never got to see this story before. I saw the videos this guy posted showing how the car drove like crap on the way home from Istanbul and the car broke down. That was awesome!

All these guys that screw with people like this...I am so surprised that they are still alive and still screwing people. I can't believe they haven't pissed off the wrong person yet.
    Last edited by highboostingm3; 03-15-2007 at 04:33 PM.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    Z4 M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    I bet the guy doesn't even have upgraded valve springs, valves, retainers or any of that. i mean what is to stop Mert from not installing things he can't see if he didn't install things he can see? Crrrrrrazy!
    +1 on that. I have a friend (20 years old, complete MORON) who has an '02 mustang GT with a fully built twin turbo cobra motor. While building the motor he dropped off to some shady ass mechanic shop and they told him they were going to do a 5 angle valve job (which he paid for) but yet like you said... there is no way that he would ever know if they did it. To make a long story short........ he never retorqued his ARP head studs after installing them..... blew both head gaskets at 23psi (751rwhp/768rwtq at 20 psi.... 825 rwhp at 23psi)....... took the head off and what do you know.... no valve job

I can only imagine how much $$ people like mert, mechtech, midnight auto etc have ripped people off for.
    1/4 mile in 13.1 @ 106++ (calculators put this at 0-60 in "4.21" seconds.)

My Cars
    Fast ones...
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post

All these guys that screw with people like this...I am so surprised that they are still alive and still screwing people. I can't believe they haven't pissed off the wrong person yet.

For sure. Mert has to be living on borrowed time
    They dont play nice in Turkey with scammers...

So bad for this guy too..
    PPF would have been easier for him to get to (I think) and for a bit more cash he would have had a genuine quality PPF built car
    Glad to see Merts finally disappeared back into his hole. Think even the E46 guys have disavowed him now

My Cars
    00 540iTs Glacier, 06 RR
    And1c,
    did you ever get to see this car?
    It's in England, right?

My Cars
    Fast ones...
    Quote Originally Posted by 325icintn View Post
    And1c,
    did you ever get to see this car?
    It's in England, right?
    Which car???

The OP's? noooooooo.....only read about it. its from France I think.

My Cars
    '92 325 mtx
    just went to http://www.da-motorsport.com/ and saw that they removed the "1000HP M3" section from the site completely. Although they do all of a sudden have a "520HP M3" section!
    '92 325i, '93 Mazda MX6 - Boosted @ 6psi, '90 Jeep 4x4 <-- Geesh, everything I own is OLD!

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Mert called Herbert at Bavaraicars for some emergency advice this week. The Turk is on the run!
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    Fast ones...
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    Mert called Herbert at Bavaraicars for some emergency advice this week. The Turk is on the run!
    More info needed

Thou shall reap what thou has sown
    and all that!!

My Cars
    Euro S50B30 BEP S372
    haha,he has send me an email 2 weeks ago that he has a twin turbo kit,we had contact about 1,5 year ago but i figured out that it was fake ,he has stil my emailadres,i hope he is running....

My Cars
    searching for a new one
    Perhaps its just my computer, but the 1000 hp M3 link doesn't work anymore...

http://www.da-motorsport.com/urunler..._catalogue.htm

I hope there is a legal reason for that
    -Dan D
    95 M3 White/Black
    A few bolt ons...
    08 Honda Accord Silver/Black
    EX-L 4 cylinder (wife's car)
    01 Pontiac Grand Prix GT White/Grey
    Daily Driver

My Cars
    Fast ones...
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinawhitem3 View Post
    Perhaps its just my computer, but the 1000 hp M3 link doesn't work anymore...

http://www.da-motorsport.com/urunler..._catalogue.htm

I hope there is a legal reason for that
    Correct!!
    Now ...it's the 520hp M3R
    link

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by and1c View Post
    Correct!!
    Now ...it's the 520hp M3R
    link
    Three (3) cylinder M3?

My Cars
    searching for a new one
    Turbo R like its a Bentley or something
    -Dan D
    95 M3 White/Black
    A few bolt ons...
    08 Honda Accord Silver/Black
    EX-L 4 cylinder (wife's car)
    01 Pontiac Grand Prix GT White/Grey
    Daily Driver

My Cars
    '97 328i & '97 lac on dubs(not really)
    mert is the ken lay of the tuning world (or who ever the biggest bastard of the enron thing was)

will der Schnurrbart Behandlung?

www.leistungmotorwerkes.com

My Cars
    what else, M3 ;)
    didn't he have videos of him raping a 360 and lambo?

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterM3 View Post
    didn't he have videos of him raping a 360 and lambo?
    How hard do you think it is to beat a 350 bhp Ferrari?
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on

My Cars
    Mint 95 cosmos M3 & Ducati 748S
    Borat-Motorsports 1000hp M3. Ees very naice!
    [][][][]V[]

1) '08 Ducati 1098s: modded to the nines
    2) '01 Ducati 748s: track

The exes: black 95 M3, blue 95 M3, green 330is frankenbimmer

bf.c OT motorcycle club member #15

My Cars
    Fast ones...
    Mert even has
    Garrett turbocharger DA3R, custom made according to DA MOTORSPORT specifications

Now custom renamed turbs by Garrett must mean he has hit the big time!!!!

My Cars
    E34 535i TCD S3 Turbo, e46 m3
    is herbert erik's dad? i didn't get to meet him.

TCD S3 Completed! 400 rwhp/455 tq. Tuned by Larry Strouth @ HP Works.
    www.Turbochargingdynamics.com
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...929post7215929 <-------Parts for sale

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by gol10dr1 View Post
    is herbert erik's dad? i didn't get to meet him.
    Andrew, yeah Herbert is Erik's father .. did you make it out to the workshop before your flight?

My Cars
    Lancia Thema V6
    I think i saw Mert in this video he he http://youtube.com/watch?v=ATyFaCoZHGw