Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Performance Friction PFC-01

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Question Performance Friction PFC-01

Does anybody have experience with the Performance Friction PFC01? I was recommended it as a replacement for my current pads for driving events. Supposed to be a good pad to use that I can install the night before and take off the day after...
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    '99 E36 M3
    I use them all the way around and love them - by far the best pad I've used. Great initial bite, good modulation and as an added benefit, the dust simply washes off. I previously used 01's up front and 97's in the back... in switching to 01's all the way around I found the car better balanced (plus the 97 dust is a bitch to remove if it gets wet).

My Cars
    none these days...
    Quote Originally Posted by dbbmwm3 View Post
    I use them all the way around and love them - by far the best pad I've used.
    +1, great compound...

My Cars
    CM 0
    +2 That’s what I use.

You got rid of the E46? New car looks good!

My Cars
    -
    01's are used throughout the pro series' by a lot of teams. Really good compound.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Great news... I'm glad to hear it. I was recommended these pads by someone and wanted to get some more advice. I'll be using these pads with the stock calipers and stock rotors. This will be my first shake down run in the new car.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy305 View Post
    +2 That’s what I use.

You got rid of the E46? New car looks good!
    Thanks... it was time for something different and since I know this motor inside and out, I should stick with the motor I know and similar chassis. After saying that ... it drives nothing like the old car.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    red poopbox
    i have only heard nothing but positive things about PFC 01 compound. I've even heard a couple of guys running on them to the track as they work somewhat ok when cold (not recommended, but effective from 167 degrees). operating range is between 860 & 1004 degrees and can reach 2000.

Element Tuning - 2008/2009 NJMP Redline Time Attack/Formula X Champions [Street & Modified]
    RightFootDown

FS: E36 OEM fogs | UUC Chromoly RLCA's

My Cars
    91 318is, Truck
    James likes it so much that we are now having it made for popular older BMW's as well. We have it on the way for E30 M3, E30 325/318is, and a couple of other popular shapes not previously made. We will have them available in time for track events this spring.

It's the best performing pad we offer right now for full track use.

My Cars
    E46 M3 SM,VW Golf R
    I like it, I run it. I also like the rotors as well. They don't drag like the stock or BMW motorsports rotors.

Chris
    #175 CM E46 M3
    Former Knee Dragger
    Real name= Chris P. Lewis
    Occupation= Green House Gas Creator, but I planted a GARDEN last year.
    "When you live inside a vacuum, nothing sucks"
    http://flickr.com/photos/8150451@N03...7602830737584/

My Cars
    '99 M3/'93 LMR-3
    And for those with E36M3s who've been stuck running 01s in the front and 97s in the rear, Performance Friction has 01s for the rears availalbe in about 1-1.5 weeks.

My Cars
    1987 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by robweenerpi View Post
    James likes it so much that we are now having it made for popular older BMW's as well. We have it on the way for E30 M3, E30 325/318is, and a couple of other popular shapes not previously made. We will have them available in time for track events this spring.

Keep us posted, I would like to give 'em a try in my E30.

My Cars
    91 318is, Truck
    And for those with E36M3s who've been stuck running 01s in the front and 97s in the rear, Performance Friction has 01s for the rears availalbe in about 1-1.5 weeks.
    Or you can go ahead and order them tonight and I'll ship them in the morning. They delivered early and are in stock.

My Cars
    Good ones
    How would you describe these PF01s vs HT10s?

My Cars
    '99 M3/'93 LMR-3
    Or you can go ahead and order them tonight and I'll ship them in the morning. They delivered early and are in stock.
    DOH!!! Well, that figures. I have 01 fronts and 97 rears arriving to me tomorrow, since the 01 rears weren't available yet and I'm in need of new pads.

Anyone need some 97 rears?

Not sure what the deal is there. We have had 01 rears in stock all year long. The only 01 we have been waiting on is E30 M3 and E36/46 non-M fronts, which we now have.

PS - 01 won Daytona this year. Not too bad...

James Clay
    Race Proven Performance
    www.bimmerworld.com
    www.bimmerworldracing.com

My Cars
    E36 IS #565, SpecE46
    Has anyone tried the Hawk DTC 70/60 combo? I have been running 01/97 and like them.
    Cold Tires + Wall = Suck

My Cars
    '99 M3/'93 LMR-3
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesclay View Post
    Not sure what the deal is there. We have had 01 rears in stock all year long.

Weird! A couple of vendors looked into it for me and had no rear E36 fitments listed for the 01s, except those coming out next week.

Thanks for the heads up.

My Cars
    none these days...
    Quote Originally Posted by mcclaskz View Post
    Has anyone tried the Hawk DTC 70/60 combo? I have been running 01/97 and like them.
    i've used dtc-70's all the way around (never tried the 60's) and they didnt work too well with abs....

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanL View Post

Weird! A couple of vendors looked into it for me and had no rear E36 fitments listed for the 01s, except those coming out next week.
    Gotcha. We work closely with PFC to get pads we consider important for our customers. The 01 rears we have may be the only ones on the market, similar to the E30 non-M fitments. Part of getting the shapes and materials we want is making a commitment to buy the whole run of them.

James Clay
    Race Proven Performance
    www.bimmerworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by dmwhite View Post
    i've used dtc-70's all the way around (never tried the 60's) and they didnt work too well with abs....
    = modulation ability

James Clay
    Race Proven Performance
    www.bimmerworld.com

My Cars
    05 GT3,M3 LTW, E90 325, E46 325, E46 M3 Conv,
    Was it not Dave that was scared of driving a car without ABS?

My Cars
    CM 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Thomas View Post
    Was it not Dave that was scared of driving a car without ABS?
    No....that "WAS" me.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy305 View Post
    No....that "WAS" me.
    You missed it Seth - apparently someone forgot to tell Randy that a SM doesn't have ABS I don't think it ended up hurting his lap times...

James Clay
    Race Proven Performance
    www.bimmerworld.com

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Well... it's good to see that the 01 is so highly regarded. Looks like I'll have to get me some of those pads for my next DE in March.

Seeing as how it's my first run with the car ... the only major changes I'm going with are brakes, fluid and lines. The rest of my modification decisions will come after my first event to see what needs to be addressed (if anything).

My Cars
    05 GT3,M3 LTW, E90 325, E46 325, E46 M3 Conv,
    Haha I guess I did miss that one. Too bad there isn't a photo on the net floating around of it. Speaking of 01s, you have any for a E46 3series fitment? ;-)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast