Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEPOs on ebay

My Cars
    '05 M3 ZCP

DEPOs on ebay

I know most of the headlights on ebay are junk but I came across a seller offering DEPO ellipsoids with CCFL angel eyes for $189 for the pair.

I'm wondering if anyone could comment on these lights, am I missing something?, the price seems a little too good compared to others. I already e-mailed the seller and he says they are made by DEPO and are the same ones shown in the pics.

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...2976&rd=1&rd=1

Let me know what you guys think

My Cars
    335D, E30 318ci,E30 M3
    These are the ones i planned on buying also... +1

My Cars
    E46 M3, E83 X3, E90 328X
    I've been told they're Projector36 as opposed to the updated version, which are effectively ZKWs. They look like the later version though.

I was going to buy those before I picked up a set of ZKWs.

My Cars
    99' Fern Green M3
    Well they say depo on them in the picture, and it's an ebay vendor so he's probably no bs'ing you that they're depos. But which generation of Depo's is a pretty big thing. The shipping is also $50 which is way over priced. Another thing i'd question is if the angel eyes come pre-installed because it's not clear in the auction. If they do, by all means go for it. If not i'd reconsider if you don't want to have to mess with installing the angel eyes yourself. You can get them brand new with angel eyes from somewhere else like umnitza for like $50 more and you know you're getting the latest versions, and ready to plug in and go . So do your research

My Cars
    E46 M3, E83 X3, E90 328X
    The Understeer(.com) guys are pimp too. I'd personally pocket the $50 and install the angel eyes myself if they're the later gen, which the pictures appear to be.

My Cars
    2002 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer213 View Post
    Well they say depo on them in the picture, and it's an ebay vendor so he's probably no bs'ing you that they're depos. But which generation of Depo's is a pretty big thing. The shipping is also $50 which is way over priced. Another thing i'd question is if the angel eyes come pre-installed because it's not clear in the auction. If they do, by all means go for it. If not i'd reconsider if you don't want to have to mess with installing the angel eyes yourself. You can get them brand new with angel eyes from somewhere else like umnitza for like $50 more and you know you're getting the latest versions, and ready to plug in and go . So do your research
    can you show me the exact site where you can find depos and angel eyes (installed) for $290

My Cars
    Who knows anymore...
    I got those and they are the latest gen and are great quality. The AEs come uninstalled but it takes less than 30 mins to do it...can't beat IMHO.

My Cars
    2002 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosswire View Post
    I got those and they are the latest gen and are great quality. The AEs come uninstalled but it takes less than 30 mins to do it...can't beat IMHO.
    are you talking about the ebay ones or the ones from umnitza?

can you put up some pics Crosswire?

we'd all love to see them

My Cars
    06 Mustang GT
    Here's fome information form someone who knows some shit about headlights and ebya..

I got these from ebay a while back, they are 3rd generation depo's,... they work PRETTY damn well and ere aexcellent comparetd to stock. The angel eyes DO not come pre=ionstallted. If you want to save money, just buy the Depo's and then purchase the angel eyesfrom me since i did not install them.

Only difference with the 4th gen depo's is quality. 4th gen
    (umnizta) is suppodily comparible to ZKW's, thereofre making it NOT necessary po purchsse zwks...

I would buy these from edcometm3 since thye are pretty decent and from DEPO.

just kmmy opinioonj.

My Cars
    08 zx6r
    Must you post at least 4 of the same threads in every section on this site?

Its really not necessary.

My Cars
    '05 M3 ZCP
    Quote Originally Posted by seeyalaterrr View Post
    Must you post at least 4 of the same threads in every section on this site?

Its really not necessary.
    I got replies from different ppl in each section I posted so I have to disagree with you.

Lots of helpful info, Thanks to everyone

My Cars
    '05 M3 ZCP
    Quote Originally Posted by kxl77 View Post
    Here's fome information form someone who knows some shit about headlights and ebya..

I got these from ebay a while back, they are 3rd generation depo's,... they work PRETTY damn well and ere aexcellent comparetd to stock. The angel eyes DO not come pre=ionstallted. If you want to save money, just buy the Depo's and then purchase the angel eyesfrom me since i did not install them.

Only difference with the 4th gen depo's is quality. 4th gen
    (umnizta) is suppodily comparible to ZKW's, thereofre making it NOT necessary po purchsse zwks...

I would buy these from edcometm3 since thye are pretty decent and from DEPO.

just kmmy opinioonj.
    thanks for the info, how much do you want for the AEs?

My Cars
    E36 318is M42(Sold)
    I have these along with about 10 other members on another board. We did a GB and I paid $300 CDN (so around $258.55USD) Shipped To Toronto then to Ottawa(That's with all the crap at the boarder). The only problem we had, about 50% of us had one ring not work. Other then that I'm pretty happy with them(I can't really budget my car right now, house on the way) For the price and the fact that it's glass and not plastic Also takes less then an hour to install for the in-experienced people. Also we did buy them from redcometm3.

My Cars
    '05 M3 ZCP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascar318is View Post
    I have these along with about 10 other members on another board. We did a GB and I paid $300 CDN (so around $258.55USD) Shipped To Toronto then to Ottawa(That's with all the crap at the boarder). The only problem we had, about 50% of us had one ring not work. Other then that I'm pretty happy with them(I can't really budget my car right now, house on the way) For the price and the fact that it's glass and not plastic Also takes less then an hour to install for the in-experienced people. Also we did buy them from redcometm3.
    thanks, thats the info I was looking for. Did you guys get your rings replaced? What board were you on, I'm in Canada too.

If you're having trouble budgeting your car right now, you should just sell me your headlights, I have a mint set of stock ones too

My Cars
    95 325i
    hes on maxbimmer.com

My Cars
    E36 318is M42(Sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewayz328is View Post
    thanks, thats the info I was looking for. Did you guys get your rings replaced? What board were you on, I'm in Canada too.

If you're having trouble budgeting your car right now, you should just sell me your headlights, I have a mint set of stock ones too

lol the money isn't the problem, I just can't really justify spending alot on my car right now. They money I drop into that, I can put towards a down on a house and save me thousands in the long run. Then I can do what ever I want to my car First is trade it in.

vadim321go is right i'm on maxbimmer.com and also Torontobimmers.com

Forgot to mention that another member went to Buffalo to pick up the shipement but still got nabbed with close to $300 at the border for the 11 sets.

And for the rings, there was a member on the board who didn't want his, so I picked one up for $20 shipped.

My Cars
    06 Mustang GT
    Hey, I'll let the rings go for $60 + shipping since you're in Canada. Ring's include everything you need, and they've never been used, PM me if you're interested. Sorry about my drunken post earlier.. lol

My Cars
    '05 M3 ZCP
    Quote Originally Posted by kxl77 View Post
    Hey, I'll let the rings go for $60 + shipping since you're in Canada. Ring's include everything you need, and they've never been used, PM me if you're interested. Sorry about my drunken post earlier.. lol
    I cant PM for some reason even though I've met the requirements, dont know why. Did you test the rings to make sure they and the inverters work? Send me an e-mail.

My Cars
    E39 M5
    My buddy bought these.. the seller is an asshole. Also the rings do not come installed. They work and look good though but I'd just spend the extra money and buy some from understeer or umnitza.

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 3.0
    i bought a pair from this seller.. not those though, but ones with them installed already.. here.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GERMA...76099914QQrdZ1
    Born to do it

My Cars
    E46 M3, E83 X3, E90 328X
    Those look like Projector36.

My Cars
    2002 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GQsince1985 View Post
    i bought a pair from this seller.. not those though, but ones with them installed already.. here.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GERMA...76099914QQrdZ1

but are the angel eyes on those ones white or yellow like the appear in the picture?

My Cars
    06 Mustang GT
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewayz328is View Post
    I cant PM for some reason even though I've met the requirements, dont know why. Did you test the rings to make sure they and the inverters work? Send me an e-mail.
    Yeah, I tested them when I first bought them. So be assured that everything will work properly, if not I can also send you some type of reimbursement if they do not work.

My Cars
    2002 WRX
    can someone who bought the depos with angel eyes from ebay for $189 plus shipping please please please post up pics to show the quality, fitment, appearance, etc. of these headlights to put this question to rest?

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by persian prince View Post
    can someone who bought the depos with angel eyes from ebay for $189 plus shipping please please please post up pics to show the quality, fitment, appearance, etc. of these headlights to put this question to rest?
    http://www.nwbmwclub.com/bmws/saleem_e36.htm

keep in mind, we ditched the rings that came with these because they were shit and went with some umnitza rings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast