Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 97 M3 - CF SC...461rwhp/356rwtq

My Cars
    e36 m3, e46 325, e36

97 M3 - CF SC...461rwhp/356rwtq

Hey Guys,

Well, I can finally say that the car is done and I'm very happy with my results. It took a while to get it to its current state, but it got there. It all began back in July, when I started talking to Marco about supercharging the car. He was a great help and told me exactly what it was that I needed and how much power I should be seeing from it. I followed his instructions and started ordering parts left and right.

I was having trouble trying to figure out who I would be able to trust with my car and all the work that had to be done to it. After much thought, I came to the conclusion that there would be no one better to do the job then my best friend Joe and his dad. His father has been shop foreman at the local BMW dealer for the last 30 years, so the experience and knowledge was certainly there. There was no doubt in my mind that he would work on the car as if it was his own.

So about mid August, I got all the parts together and headed down to Joe's house to drop them all off, along with the car. Joe and his dad were absolutely great! They did an amazing job on the car and the numbers it puts down show that. Specs on the car as follows:

• US 3.2L six cylinder engine with 0.080 inch MLS Headgasket
    • 10.4:1 compression
    • ARP head studs & bolts
    • Schrick 264°/256° camshafts
    • Jet-hot coated AA race headers
    • AA track pipe
    • Rogue Engineering DMS exhaust
    • M50 intake manifold
    • Vortech V2-SQ supercharger
    • Hyperboost HX super stealth bypass valve
    • Dinan big bore throttle body
    • Nick G Tune
    • 3.5 inch Porsche TT HFM
    • Bavarian Autosport high performance coils
    • Lucas 42 pound injectors
    • AA water injection
    • RMS aftercooler with heat exchanger
    • Fluidyne radiator
    • Samco black silicone radiator hoses
    • Stewart high performance water pump
    • Alta oil catch can
    • Spal electric fan
    • 6" RMS crank pulley and 3.33" blower pulley...yielding ~12lbs of boost redline
    • OEM Euro S50 oil filter housing with oil cooler
    • Euro 6 speed transmission and driveshaft
    • Rogue Engineering transmission mounts
    • Rogue Engineering short shifter kit
    • Rogue Engineering flywheel and clutch
    • 3.38LSD differential with Rogue Engineering finned diff cover

Here are some pics from the build itself...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Took the head off...

Head back from the machine shop...

Prepping the block...

Assembled head...

AA race headers...

Pics of the car and engine bay...

Last edited by m3jasper; 12-06-2006 at 05:31 PM.

My Cars
    e36 m3, e46 325, e36
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So after the car was all put together, we ran into a few small problems. The vanos decided to die on us when we put the car back together. So after purchasing a new vanos assembly, that problem went away. Then there was the small idiotic mistake of routing the belt incorrectly...we fixed that as well. So after these small setbacks, we were thru with all of the mechanical/hardware problems with the car.

I decided to take the car up to ICS for a dyno run to see where the car stood power wise. I was in for a big surprise...

After chatting with Karl, he suggested that I install a new pump as my stock one could've been a bit tired since it was already 60k miles old. I did that and headed back to the ICS dyno. Unfortunately, we encountered the same result. So after chatting with Karl multiple times, he suggested a few things that needed to be looked at to confirm that it wasn't indeed a hardware issue. Joe, his father, and myself could find nothing wrong with the car. So Joe and I decided it would be best to pay George a few bucks to have him look over the car to see if he could find something. Let not forget that the man works these cars day in and day out.

Well, after a few hours of checking everything we could imagine, we were tempted with seeing if it was truly the tune. George decided that we should swap Nick G software into the car. The DME, injectors, and a new walbro pump were installed on my car. We did just that and found our issue. It was indeed the software!!!

After chatting with Karl again, I decided it would best to purchase Nick's software to just end all of the trouble. I could've went with AA but I just didn't wanna deal with all of the back and forth, trying to sort the tune out.

So I went ahead and ordered the Nick G software along with a set of injectors and got them installed ASAP. After about 300 miles of driving, I decided to swing back to ICS and dyno it once again...

Yes, thats right...461rwhp/356rwtq. The car feels amazing!!! Its an absolute day and night difference compared to the AA tune. I just can't seem to stop myself from driving it!!!

So after three months and quite a few headaches...I can say that I finally accomplished my mission! Just for comparison's sake...this is the dyno from when I had an intake, exhaust, and Conforti shark injector on the car.

I have just checked my fuel trims on the car after about 350 miles of driving with the new software. Check this out...my LTFT's in both banks are 0.00 and -0.78, repsectively!!! Thats just plain amazing! With the AA tune, my LTFT where maxxing out within 100 miles! I wanted to give a huge thanks to all those that were involved in the build. I couldn't have done it without all of your help.

• Joe and Umberto...thanks guys, you did an awesome job on the whole build. Many people have complimented your work and you guys deserve it!
    • Jeff @ Darien...thanks for dealing with me while I ordered what seemed to be an endless amount of parts!
    • George @ ICS...you were great! Thanks for dealing with me thru all this! I really appreciate the fact that you guys went out of your way to help me as much as possible. I'm very grateful of how George extended his hand and really helped me out a lot!
    • Nick G...congrats on an awesome tune. I'm glad that there is someone out there that offers such a great tune for us OBD-2 guys. Your work is truly impressive! Congratulations on an awesome product! (I also very much appreciate the discount. )
    • Marco...thanks for answering all of my annoying questions! You helped Joe and I a great deal...we're truly grateful.
    Last edited by m3jasper; 12-06-2006 at 06:26 PM.

My Cars
    Nike's
    wow very good results!!!! have fun with her now and get to the track!!
    -Julian

My Cars
    A Junky One
    wow that is so gross... in the best way!

congrats!

My Cars
    e36, e90
    Wow..................................wow
    Current: 95 M3 Turbo | 08 335i

My Cars
    x3
    great numbers.

got any vids on the way?

My Cars
    '11 1M, '13 Tacoma
    Awesome write-up and congrats man! What PSI are you at?

"We are the music makers...and we are the dreamers of dreams."

My Cars
    skateboard
    Congrats on your new found power. Sick lookin AA headers by the way.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    99 M3 *Turbo*, 56 VW 2.2L
    siiiick...nice work and writeup!!

did you ever find out what was wrong with the AA software????

where be the videos =D
    CP Pistons
    Eagle Rods
    T67 Turbo
    Lots and lots of custom goodies and 666 fab schtuuufff

05/01/07 RIP pops

My Cars
    2001 ZO6, 00+01 Audi S4, 99 GMC Sierra w/6" Lift
    Needless to say, George and I are very happy with the end results on m3japer's silver beast.

Brian
    - Brian Rosenberg

My Cars
    Z4 M coupe
    WOW!!! Congrats to you, I'm sure the car is incredible!!

VERY impressive Nickg!!
    1/4 mile in 13.1 @ 106++ (calculators put this at 0-60 in "4.21" seconds.)

My Cars
    15' M3, 15' i8
    impressive, I might have to look into NickG later down the road.

wow, those numbers are looking nice.

now, make some videos pleasee..

My Cars
    2017 Golf R
    I've seen you at englishtown this past summer, I believe on a wednesday night, and from far away your car looks VERY similiar to my, for a sec I had to look back into the parking lot to see if my car was still there...hehehe... Good luck man very nice UPGRADE!

My Cars
    981 GT4, F30 328xi, MCC
    That's what I'm talking about bro. I can attest to how well put together this car is, it's truly impeccable. Car runs and looks fantastic.

My Cars
    '11 1M, '13 Tacoma
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Romeo View Post
    I've seen you at englishtown this past summer, I believe on a wednesday night, and from far away your car looks VERY similiar to my, for a sec I had to look back into the parking lot to see if my car was still there...hehehe... Good luck man very nice UPGRADE!
    Way to quote a mile long post.

"We are the music makers...and we are the dreamers of dreams."

My Cars
    e36 m3, e46 325, e36
    Quote Originally Posted by MD318is View Post
    great numbers.

got any vids on the way?
    There are some on blackredgold.net...I'll try and dig some up. But they aren't of the car in this state...hopefully this weekend, I'll take care of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ///M3///M5 View Post
    Awesome write-up and congrats man! What PSI are you at?
    Thanks! 12 lbs of boost at redline.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMARSH View Post
    siiiick...nice work and writeup!!

did you ever find out what was wrong with the AA software????

where be the videos =D
    I believe it was just the software itself. Although several people are using it without any problems. So the only other thing it could've been is the injectors. But they were brand new, so I highly doubt they were to blame. AFAIK, if the injectors were responsible, a CEL should've come on. But to be honest, I really don't care...Im just happy the car is running right!

Quote Originally Posted by ///M3///M5 View Post
    Way to quote a mile long post.
    Yea dude...seriously!
    Last edited by m3jasper; 12-06-2006 at 05:55 PM.

My Cars
    08 AlpineWhite ///M3
    Incredible how much some more fuel and a good tune can do. Your car is simply amazing. So how much faster does it feel?? Are you breaking loose in 3rd? It must be a night and day difference. Try and get a vid against a turbom3 with similar numbers, would be interesting to watch

My Cars
    99 m coupe, 88 M5
    Beautiful car, I am glad its all dialed in!

JMC
    Motor: Hurtig/AA custom 2.0l TS OBD2 AA tuned 444whp/384wtq SAE 470whp/400wtq STD
    Exhaust RMS headers, Maximum PSI custom exhaust, magnaflow mufflers
    Driveline E46 M3 6 SPEED, 2.93 LSD, Rouge SSK/tranny mounts, UUC Ultrasmooth /LTW steel flywheel. CDV delete, UUC clutch pedal bushings with GSP pedal
    COOLING: Stewart WP, 78* thermostat, S54 radiator, Euro/S54 oil cooler, ES TS oil cooler adapter, M3 power steering cooler
    HANDLING: MR M CAR SF reinforcement, TCK D/A CO 450/500, TCK Camber Plates, Rogue RSM, Ireland SFB, Dinan STB. CCW classics, polished lip, brushed centers. P295/30/18 P245/35/18.
    THE SHOW: Stygar Z8 Nozzels, Leather Z armrest, Z8 push button start, chrome door handles, OEM FOGS, BMW Traffic Pro.
    Monitoring: PLX Wideband, VDO vision boost/VAC both with custom chrome trim ring.
    COMING SOON: custom intake

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Absolutely sick job on the thread!!! It was a honor to add this to the "Tried and Tested"!
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Romeo View Post
    Delete the quote in your post please!!!!!!!!!
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    e36 m3, e46 325, e36
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    Absolutely sick job on the thread!!! It was a honor to add this to the "Tried and Tested"!
    Thanks man! I thought I was gonna have to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by VelocityM3 View Post
    Incredible how much some more fuel and a good tune can do. Your car is simply amazing. So how much faster does it feel?? Are you breaking loose in 3rd? It must be a night and day difference. Try and get a vid against a turbom3 with similar numbers, would be interesting to watch
    It does break it loose in third...as long as im on it thru second spinning as well. As for videos...they are gonna happen asap. I've got a friend that goes to school with a kid that drives a turbo m...so its only a matter of time.

My Cars
    turbo325is, 01 330xi
    simply awesome dude, congrats

My Cars
    E34 535i TCD S3 Turbo, e46 m3
    nicely done........looks like a blast.

TCD S3 Completed! 400 rwhp/455 tq. Tuned by Larry Strouth @ HP Works.
    www.Turbochargingdynamics.com
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...929post7215929 <-------Parts for sale

My Cars
    M3
    Just sweet, if I had thought I could get that much out of a CF charger, I might have just kept mine. Great work man, such a clean car in all respects. Can't say enough about Marco and NickG, both great guys!
    Steve

My Cars
    '03.5 M3 Coupe
    That's amazing. I've oogled your sig pic for the last several weeks.

It's nice to finally see some details!
    -Ted

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821
    Nick G and I worked very hard to develop this software. Nick did an awesome job as ussual. This program is avaliable through ICS. If anyone would like more info on this set-up please contact me via email.

George Kakaletris

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast