Avus Autosport
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Local News reporting BMW fatality in Laguna Hills

My Cars
    turbo NSX

Local News reporting BMW fatality in Laguna Hills

18 year old driving a 2004 BMW lost control and hit a water main, 2 passengers being airlifted to a hospital, Mercedes with two 20 y/o occupants detained, suspected street racing.
    This is about a 3 minute walk from my house, although I am not morbid enough to go there in person - hopefully it wasn't anybody from these boards, RIP.

My Cars
    15 Porsche gt3
    i guess one of the girls died. im pretty sure hes affiliated through one of my friends friends. pretty heavy, be safe.

My Cars
    turbo NSX
    Here is the non-RFF version of the story, from OC register:

One man is dead and two women are in critical condition after the BMW they were riding in crashed Monday night during a street race on La Paz Road near Monte Vista, Orange County Sheriff's Department spokesman Jim Amormino said.

Investigators said a BMW and a Mercedes Benz raced east on La Paz Road when the driver of the BMW lost control and crashed into a water main on the southeast corner of Monte Vista and La Paz Road.

The driver of the BMW died and the two female passengers were taken to a local hospital, authorities said. All three are unidentified but the driver was said to be 18 and the passengers 17 and 18.
    It's very heavy, because of it's proximity to my house, and because I speed on that road all the time - the water main is a small hut on the corner of La Paz & Paseo De Valencia, it's on the property of an elementary school, in the 'field' of the school.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Scorp965; 09-26-2006 at 03:17 AM.

My Cars
    e30 325e
    crazy

My Cars
    Calypsorot 328i

My Cars
    1999 ///M3 SOLD, 2006 EVO IX SOLD, 2008 AW M3
    my good friends were friends with this guy but i didnt know him personally... this is terrible
    My little Racecar

My Cars
    lexus ls430
    my friend saw it happen
    h**p://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=405410
    Last edited by biga27110; 09-26-2006 at 05:40 AM.

My Cars
    E36 M3, E46 M3 turbo
    heyyyy sina and amir havent seen u guys in a day...

I just got back from the hospital, horrible thing to happen to such a young person. He was a family friend, I've known him since he was a kid and I never thought 2 days ago when I saw him that he'd be gone today. I hope that everyone is a little more cautious when driving now, wet roads and bald tires can make even the most careful of drivers go through the same thing that my friend did. His family is taking it really hard and I will be praying for them. His sister is one of the nicest people you'd ever meet and for someone with a huge heart to lose someone in such a manner is devastating, she couldn't even stand on her own.

The two girl passengers are in critical condition, I have a friend working at the hospital and he seemed positive that they would both survive, but lets cross our fingers. The driver, my family friend was pronounced dead on the scene from what I've been told. I saw the accident scene and I saw him laying there lifeless and I blame myself for not advising him to be safe the last time I saw him. It was a sobering experience and unfortunately these things can be easily avoided but are ignored until its too late.

The car hit a wall dead on, no mention of how fast he hit it, but the car was unrecognizable, it just looked like a pile of rubble that maybe fell off the back of a big rig, I didn't even think it was once a car.

RIP dood, your life was cut way too short. We will miss you dearly

My Cars
    Car
    hearing things like this is terribly sad RIP

prays to the family and anyone who knew him

My Cars
    03 530i, 96 328is, E30
    They just showed the story on the local news. The BMW is a white E46 M3 with some sort of black-spoke aftermarket wheels. It looks like he slid sideways and impacted something big and heavy which caved in the drivers side door so that's probably what killed the driver. The car is laying on it's roof and i couldn't tell if it was a coupe or convertible. The passenger side of the car is intact.

How does an 18 year old have an E46 M3? And if his parents bought it for him, what the hell were they thinking? This is not a car for an immature kid. And this will give BMWs even more of a bad name with law enforcement. In their eyes, we're the new ricers; racing, crashing, and killing children.
    Randy Walters
    '89 325is (Competition car, now sold)
    '96 328is (Weekend Fun car w/M3 suspension, just sold)
    '03 530i Sport (Spare car)
    '05 X3 3.0 (Little Woman's DD)
    '21 Mazda 3 Premium Sedan AWD (Daily Driver)
    BMW CCA & SCCA Driving Instructor
    BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
    Multiple SCCA Regional Championships

My Cars
    Toyota Broquoia
    Quote Originally Posted by biga27110 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biga27110 (from E46Fan)
    wow i just got a call from my friend, My friend is friends with him, my other friend that is also friends with him saw it happen. I dont know the guy but its amazing how its up on here now too. He was 18 2 guys in the car other then him are dead, the girl is in the hospital i dunno how well she is doing. This happened down the street from my house.

oh it was an e46 M3[COLOR=red ! important][COLOR=red ! important][/color][/color] with black wheels and polished lip

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1287866.php

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=32463092
    R.I.P.

[quote=randywalters;7533229]They just showed the story on the local news. The BMW is a white E46 M3 with some sort of black-spoke aftermarket wheels. It looks like he slid sideways and impacted something big and heavy which caved in the drivers side door so that's probably what killed the driver. The car is laying on it's roof and i couldn't tell if it was a coupe or convertible. The passenger side of the car is intact.
    Last edited by ///MINI; 09-27-2006 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Inflammatory comment. If you know you're starting trouble, why do it?

My Cars
    '03 AW Dinan M5
    Sorry to hear about the tragedy. It could have been avoided.

and If you're going to be stupid at least let your friends out and then be stupid by yourself.

'03 ///M5

My Cars
    Toyota Broquoia
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorp965 View Post
    Here is the non-RFF version of the story, from OC register:

It's very heavy, because of it's proximity to my house, and because I speed on that road all the time - the water main is a small hut on the corner of La Paz & Paseo De Valencia, it's on the property of an elementary school, in the 'field' of the school.
    Just read that part... what the fuck were they thinking?

My Cars
    1991 E34 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by randywalters View Post
    How does an 18 year old have an E46 M3? And if his parents bought it for him, what the hell were they thinking? This is not a car for an immature kid. And this will give BMWs even more of a bad name with law enforcement. In their eyes, we're the new ricers; racing, crashing, and killing children.
    Quoted for truth.

RIP kid.

click for full size

1991 E34 M5 Dinan Stage3 Suspension, Konis, Dinan Cam Gears and Software, Kelleners Strut Bar, Staggered 8-9in Polished Throwing Stars, Header Back Custom Exhaust with Eisenmann 83mm Race Muffler, Front and Rear K-40 Radar, Passenger Canyon Puke Bags
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypancake View Post
    you're just mad cause e34 m5's will leave 100 foot strips of rubber in front of your house, while hauling a couple of dogs and some groceries, and still enough room to bang your wife in the back seat.

My Cars
    E46, S2000
    This pisses me off so much. Too many kids have no idea what the hell they are doing and our system puts them out on the street to do things like this. It is a disservice.

Forum Rules___Info for New Members___Teen Driving School in So Cal
    "It's the internet by my rules."--Kevlar

My Cars
    99 E36 BMW M3 S/C'ed, 02 Trailblazer, 05 Sentra
    RIP kid, but people who race like this, not matter what age/ethnicity are gonna get whats coming to them.
    Last edited by tpb31; 09-26-2006 at 04:41 PM.

My Cars
    This is not meant to be offensive, but I don't feel the driver didn't get what he deserved. He was racing in a car he didn't know how to drive near an elementary school. I am MUCH happier hearing he was killed in a crash than 3 or 4 kids just walking down the street. His parents were extremely irresponsible and this just shows how, in GENERAL, it's stupid to hand a young kid cars like those.

The kid killed himself doing something stupid, without a seatbelt no less. No sympathy here. Just Darwin's principles in action.

My Cars
    E46, S2000
    This shouldn't be about ethnicity. This is about the loss of a young man, and the potential loss of two girls due to a tragic accident. The same thing could of happened in any vehicle, in fact, the last local street racing death I can think of involved a civic hatch back that got severed in two when it lost control and hit a poll, killing both the driver and the passenger. I believe they were 17 and 18 in age.

This is the last straw for me. I'm starting a campaign to get the DMV standards for getting a license stricter, with more emphasis on defensive driving and car control clinics. There has to be more education. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for teenagers in this country, and yet we spend so much more money on drug education. It makes no sense. Save your opinion if you don’t think it’ll have a difference. Not trying is a guaranteed loss, while trying has some chance of success.

Forum Rules___Info for New Members___Teen Driving School in So Cal
    "It's the internet by my rules."--Kevlar

My Cars
    PandaShizzle
    Sad story, hope some of the parents understand that fast cars are not just toys.
    You can change your future, not your past.

Originally Posted by BoneThug
    holds the mystery of the panda show

My Cars
    328is, 330cic, 335i
    dates on his tombstone pic from his myspace seem off...

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...3/Photo_07.jpg

My Cars
    E90, E34 (retired)
    tragic story.

the driver was pretty irresponsible though and had no respect for what he was driving and those around him. street racing, with passengers, and no seat belt. feel bad for the two passengers. hope they're on the road to recovery.

My Cars
    Sad to see this. Save it for the track.... what is so hard about that?

I agree that our drivers license requirements are absolutely ridiculous.

My Cars
    alpine 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by Agenth View Post
    Sad story, hope some of the parents understand that fast cars are not just toys.

I agree!!

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBeam View Post
    This is the last straw for me. I'm starting a campaign to get the DMV standards for getting a license stricter, with more emphasis on defensive driving and car control clinics. There has to be more education. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for teenagers in this country, and yet we spend so much more money on drug education. It makes no sense. Save your opinion if you don’t think it’ll have a difference. Not trying is a guaranteed loss, while trying has some chance of success.
    I am not at all saying you won't make a difference, but politically you haven't a chance. Either you need lots of money, or overwhelming support. You have neither, unless you can convince 70% of Americans they suck at driving and need a car control clinic. If you really want to make driver's safer, insurance companies are the ones to talk to. They have all the money and clout when it comes to traffic laws.

IMO car control clinics should be required for a license, but that will never happen unless insurance companies see this and start pressing for it.

My Cars
    turbo NSX
    While the location was near a school the accident was around 7-8PM at night, we all do stupid shit in our cars, but most of us get away with it... While this is certainly an excellent reminder to drive safely I take pause at the vicious attacks against someone who lost their life, just over 12 hours ago.

I drove past the intersection today (it's on my way home), and the only sign of the accident is some broken glass - is anyone interested in piecing together some sort of memorial? I don't know the kid who died, but, stupid mistake or not, we all have something in common with him (our love of BMW's), and it seems wrong to just jump online and criticize the guy's actions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast