Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally AFR reading for your liking.

My Cars
    E36/5 ///M & Turbo 325

Talking Finally AFR reading for your liking.

After a coule months of having boost leaks and vaccum problem. We finally got Darth Mauls car running perfectly. We did a few 4th gear pulls on the freeway at 10psi.

Heres a few AFR reading.

This is at idle. Can you say cheese

The begginning log was a pull from part throttle in boost 10.9-11.5

last but not least a coule of WOT pulls 11-11.5 at the way to redline

After two ecu burn, i getting use to this. Next stop. We are installing the Porsche HFM this coming saturday. Bumping up the boost and burning new maps.

If you are just reading this.
    Here is his setup:
    42#injectors
    TSI kit with GT3076R
    euro 3.5" hfm
    in a draw thru configuration
    ECU tune by me.
    OBD1 ECU TUNER

My Cars
    92 325is, 91 Previa ftw
    Why don't you use a blow through setup?
    -Curt

stock CR 92 non-vanos 325 / first ever Holset HY35 powered BMW / custom tubular manifold & motor mount / stock DME tuning / tial 50mm bov / 46mm xspower w.g. / green top injectors / IC piping designed by myself (above subframe of course) / 12x28x3" IC / oil return into pan that seems to work / e21 tranny mounts / custom blow through MAF / koni sport kit / 18x8.5 mvr replica's / various leaks & body colours

My Cars
    E36/5 ///M & Turbo 325
    Quote Originally Posted by e36'n View Post
    Why don't you use a blow through setup?
    I cant find a hfm what will not max with force air.
    OBD1 ECU TUNER

My Cars
    92 325is, 91 Previa ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by dredder View Post
    Do you still use a BOV or do you have to re-route it? AFR's look solid. Good job.
    -Curt

stock CR 92 non-vanos 325 / first ever Holset HY35 powered BMW / custom tubular manifold & motor mount / stock DME tuning / tial 50mm bov / 46mm xspower w.g. / green top injectors / IC piping designed by myself (above subframe of course) / 12x28x3" IC / oil return into pan that seems to work / e21 tranny mounts / custom blow through MAF / koni sport kit / 18x8.5 mvr replica's / various leaks & body colours

My Cars
    E36/5 ///M & Turbo 325
    Thanks

he is using BOV thats the reason for the spike. the tune is intended for draw thru
    OBD1 ECU TUNER

Puget Sound, WA - San Juan MM Philippines
    My Cars
    97 M-Technic 328i * 06 Navigator * 08 C350
    Thanks

he is using BOV thats the reason for the spike. the tune is intended for draw thru
    Why the Porsche HFM over the Euro 3.5 HFM? Are you referring to the 993TT HFM?

Looks pretty solid.. his AFRs are 11 at WOT? A little rich isn't it?

My Cars
    E36/5 ///M & Turbo 325
    Quote Originally Posted by EEEEeeee36 View Post
    Why the Porsche HFM over the Euro 3.5 HFM? Are you referring to the 993TT HFM?

Looks pretty solid.. his AFRs are 11 at WOT? A little rich isn't it?
    yes porsche 993tt. You can meter more air before the voltage maxes out.

The tune is not yet finalize. But its solid for now. You should have seen the base map. I was beyond recognizable. It would not even register.
    OBD1 ECU TUNER

My Cars
    yes porsche 993tt. You can meter more air before the voltage maxes out.

The tune is not yet finalize. But its solid for now. You should have seen the base map. I was beyond recognizable. It would not even register.
    Cool, that's understandable. It's better to error on the side of being a little rich.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work. It's pretty cool that you took it upon yourself to 'hack' the ECU.

My Cars
    92 325is, 91 Previa ftw
    Thanks

Wouldn't it spike rich then?
    -Curt

My Cars
    E36/5 ///M & Turbo 325
    Cool, that's understandable. It's better to error on the side of being a little rich.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work. It's pretty cool that you took it upon yourself to 'hack' the ECU.
    It was one of those sleepless nights. What else can you do when you couldnt walk around for 2 years. It was trying to find another hobby. Or playing xbox online

I'm hoping to tune out of your locals out there. Hopefully soon

OT. are you filipino?
    OBD1 ECU TUNER

My Cars
    Wouldn't it spike rich then?
    Do you keep your accelerator to the floor between shifts?

EDIT - Explanation:

BOV = Foot off accelerator = Throttle almost closed = almost no fuel = infinite oxygen and 0 fuel. In a nutshell, there is still pressurized air coming in that the BOV hasn't had a chance to completely relieve between shifts, but the DME has cut out fuel because the foot has come off the accelerator. Capice?
    Last edited by EEEEeeee36; 09-25-2006 at 04:08 AM.

My Cars
    It was one of those sleepless nights. What else can you do when you couldnt walk around for 2 years. It was trying to find another hobby. Or playing xbox online

I'm hoping to tune out of your locals out there. Hopefully soon

OT. are you filipino?
    LOL, no - 'Kano na ako. My wife is Filipina, but I speak almost fluent Tagalog. My wife's family still has a home in San Juan that we visit at least once per year, and we are in the process of building a house in Santa Rosa (halfway between Tagatay and Manila FTW).

My Cars
    E36/5 ///M & Turbo 325
    LOL, no - 'Kano na ako. My wife is Filipina, but I speak almost fluent Tagalog. My wife's family still has a home in San Juan that we visit at least once per year, and we are in the process of building a house in Santa Rosa (halfway between Tagatay and Manila FTW).
    Nice. Hopefully i will visit tagaytay this coming january. I live 4 hrs away from Boracay. . Thanks for the explanation
    OBD1 ECU TUNER

My Cars
    A Junky One
    Boracay FTW

My Cars
    '09 LS3 C6, '08 Trailblazer SS
    Just about any Ford/Hitachi MAF will also work as long as you do the proper corrections in the DME calibration and make a proper harness adaptor.
    ~Greg
    My "small" engine is now 6.0L
    '08 Trailblazer SS, '09 C6 Z51 (now with 600rwhp)
    Calibrated SuccessEFI Tuning Classes and Consulting
    Engine Management: Advanced Tuning

My Cars
    Nice. Hopefully i will visit tagaytay this coming january. I live 4 hrs away from Boracay. . Thanks for the explanation
    January is a perfect time to go - not too hot or rainy, and tickets are fairly inexpensive. I think we are going then also - we just went in May, but holy crap mainit naman! The heat of the summer, and the humidity of the monsoon season. Loved being there, but this 'Kano was melting.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Black96m3 View Post
    Boracay FTW
    Haven't been yet; my wife is afraid of flying on the little prop planes!! Puerto Galero is almost as good; still white sand and just as many bebot... Closer to Manila too...

My Cars
    Acura for now :(
    Congrats on getting it dialed in more. A different maf would be nice, but you'd need the VE tables for it which aren't easy to come by..
    Porsche Technician

1996 328is - |AFE intake|S52 cams|M50 manifold|Custom trackpipe|AA Tuned DME|Stromung catback|Fan delete|ASC delete|3.23 LSD|MZ3 Shifter|Sparco Front Strut Bar|Powerflex FCAB, RTAB, and subframe bushings|RE clutch stop|RE Transmission mounts|LTW5 17x9 wheels|245/40 tires|Bilstein BTS kit|HID Depo's| -*SOLD*

1995 Turbo M3 - 405/395 at the wheels - *SOLD*

My Cars
    E36 M3/4/5 & E46 LSB M3
    I can't wait to see how it does with colder plugs and the porsche and more boost. When I let off the throttle it does go rich for a second then normal, not too bad, but it's something I gotta deal with for now. Anyways, I'm glad it's going to be up and running for the meet this saturday.
    1997 BMW ///M3 - Estoril Sedan 5MT - M-Rain Interior (1 of 1)
    2001 BMW ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue 6MT
    YouTube: (///Motorsport Throttle)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUM...pYSmibzy5YmUvQ

My Cars
    94 325is turbo
    Talaga...Never thought there would be so many filipinos out there modding their bimmers. Man, we should all get together someday, maybe bimmerfest '07, eat some palabok and drink san miguels.

My Cars
    E36/5 ///M & Turbo 325
    didnt you just do a DIY turbo. So what are you going with as far an fuel management? Are you still using turner motorsports chip for your turbo application?
    OBD1 ECU TUNER

My Cars
    BMWs
    Not bad - the idle afr looks good. One thing that people sometimes have issues with idle afr is no only their fuel bins bouncing a little but also their spark bins bouncing. I like that my ecu offers idle lock - meaning at < X TPS, Y kpa, and < Z RPM, it locks a static timing advance and all you do is set fuel. I used to have a fluctuating idle and that is loooon gone

Good work.

My Cars
    92 325is, 91 Previa ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Maul View Post
    When I let off the throttle it does go rich for a second then normal, not too bad, but it's something I gotta deal with for now.
    That's from having the bov post maf right? It's metering vented air.
    -Curt

My Cars
    E36/5 ///M & Turbo 325
    That's from having the bov post maf right? It's metering vented air.
    correct

Has anyone use Porsche HFM in a blow thru config?
    OBD1 ECU TUNER

My Cars
    Z4 M coupe
    oooooooooooo PLEASE figure out a way to make the ford 90mm ass air meter work!!!!!
    1/4 mile in 13.1 @ 106++ (calculators put this at 0-60 in "4.21" seconds.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast