Thread: my new brakes sound like a bird chirping.

My Cars
    98 black/magma M3 vert

my new brakes sound like a bird chirping.

I just had new rear brakes installed last week for inspection. Zimmerman and PBR ultimates. Everything was going smooth.

Then today i stopped on the side of the road to put my top down and pulled the ebrake. I got going again and realized the brake was still on for about 500 feet then i released it. about 20 minutes late i was still driving around and my passenger rear brake is now squeeking at slow speeds and chirping like a bird. it does it sometimes and the noise varies.

i took a look at the brakes thru the wheels and i noticed the rotor on the problem side seems to be slightly grooved.

1. can the groove be causeing my noises?
    2. is the e brake on the passenger side?
    3. if all of the above is true, can the new rotor be machined to take the minimal grooves out or should i buy a new one?
    4. is it none of the above?

thanks
    98 Cosmos/Magma M3

My Cars
    F30 Msport, Jeep JK
    the e brake is seperate from the primary system. If you intalled the brakes you would have noticed that there is a mini drum brake, the parking brake or E brake. As far as the squeeking, I cannot help you withough hearing / seeing it. Perhaps now the internals of the parking break are a little messed up because they have been heated up quite a bit, and something might have burned, changing the allignment of the internal shoe/drum setup. I would islolate the side it is coming from and pull of the rotor for a quick look and see if everything is allset. Also make sure there is the proper amount of slack in the cable, and preset on the shoes themselves.
    ??????????????????????????????
    BMW Tech