Thread: if you have an n/a s52 engine

My Cars
    98 m3

if you have an n/a s52 engine

notice almost 25rwhp difference at 6800rpm! The begining of the graph is a bit misleading, as i was not WOT. my next run was much better, although i did lose some hp and torque at the low end.

this is a dyno graph of my e36 m3, before and after the m50 intake manifold install. the car also has j.c. shark injector chip, ecis intake w/heatshield, aa lt wt flywheel.

also a real world result:
    i raced a 99 coupe with the m50 intake manifold from a 40 roll, the gap kept getting bigger and bigger. after the m50 swap, dead even. he had installed the m50 b4 me and had the same hp as me b4 he had done his m50 swap.
    Last edited by beebo100; 09-19-2006 at 05:14 PM. Reason: more info

My Cars
    1988 m3 2.3
    Woah, thats a huge gain. More than I would expect.

Im shootin for 235rwhp and this makes me think I might hit it

My Cars
    1988 m3 2.3
    mmm yeah, I was just looking at the end result 227hp with those mods is pretty good.

My Cars
    98 m3
    my next mod would be a track pipe. living in fl helps

My Cars
    1988 m3 2.3
    Yeah we dont have emissions either, I was going to go catless but I was afraid it would be annoyingly loud. Ended up welding a magnaflow cat in.

My Cars
    98 m3
    aw man, i can't wait to go to the 1/4 track to get the difference in et and mph.
    Last edited by beebo100; 09-19-2006 at 10:13 PM.

My Cars
    98 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by equate975 View Post
    Yeah we dont have emissions either, I was going to go catless but I was afraid it would be annoyingly loud. Ended up welding a magnaflow cat in.
    how much was that? where did u get it from?

My Cars
    1988 m3 2.3
    Like $40 off ebay, my whole exaust was custom made though. s52 in the e30 m3 in my sig.

My Cars
    98 m3
    interesting. my friend did an s50 into a regular e30 and he's beating e46 m3's. 2400lbs helps. but anyway, this might be a much cheaper/cleaner/quieter option, and maybe i'll finally go aftermarket exhaust.

My Cars
    98 M3/2, 06 Pathfinder
    forget the track pipe. You need cams!

My Cars
    ESS 625++
    Quote Originally Posted by beebo100 View Post
    interesting. my friend did an s50 into a regular e30 and he's beating e46 m3's. 2400lbs helps. but anyway, this might be a much cheaper/cleaner/quieter option, and maybe i'll finally go aftermarket exhaust.
    i'm finding that hard to believe. unfortunately I know from experience.
    maybe from 20-100 but after that I don't believe it.
    ESS 625
    RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

My Cars
    98 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrón View Post
    i'm finding that hard to believe. unfortunately I know from experience.
    maybe from 20-100 but after that I don't believe it.
    Low Quality (7.5mb 720x480, divx required)
    http://************/ks8lh

My Cars
    1999 M3
    I don't have ANY money at the moment. But this will be my first "mod" after I get some money.
    What kit did you use?

My Cars
    1998 M3
    is this worth doing if you plan on a turbo someday?? in other words, does a turbo come with its own intake manifold??

thanks,
    dan

p.s.
    i believe there is a board member selling these really cheap.

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by sprtwin1 View Post
    p.s.
    i believe there is a board member selling these really cheap.
    uh, I think that'd be me. and yes it would yield greater numbers on a FI car.

and if you're in a non emmissions state the mod is way easier to do and the kit is cheaper.

link in my sig.

Eric
    Eric Paul Eviston - 1 Piece Silicone Hose M50 Manifold Conversion Kit

******M50 Manifold Install Trouble Shooting Guide Here: www.m50manifold.com

'98 M3/4 - ECIS CAI, S50 Manifold, Conforti Software, 16" Spal Puller, UUC Pulleys, Fan Delete, UUC Stage 2 Fly w/M5 Clutch, UUC Blacks w/TMEs, X-Brace, GC RTAB shims, GC RSMs,
    M Roadster lever, 245x40x17 all 4 corners, Drilled Zimmermans, Motul RBF600 and Redline Synth fluids.
    My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    98 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by E36M3E View Post
    uh, I think that'd be me. and yes it would yield greater numbers on a FI car.

and if you're in a non emmissions state the mod is way easier to do and the kit is cheaper.

link in my sig.

Eric

i was told the manifold doesn't make a big difference on a FI car. contact lynxz3r0 for an explanation. he's the one that put the manifold in for me, and he has a turbo s52 m roadster so im sure he would have done it to his car since he put the turbo in himself.

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by beebo100 View Post
    i was told the manifold doesn't make a big difference on a FI car. contact lynxz3r0 for an explanation. he's the one that put the manifold in for me, and he has a turbo s52 m roadster so im sure he would have done it to his car since he put the turbo in himself.
    I'm sure your friend is very knowledgeable but, thats ok...I've done the pepsi challenge with FI and N/A with this mod. it is hands down the best airflow mod anyone, FI or NA, can do.

if it wasn't worth it I wouldn't be selling them to FI guys every week that tell me what a huge difference it made in their car.

I really like the mod. that's why I sell the kits.

'98 M3/4 - ECIS CAI, S50 Manifold, Conforti Software, 16" Spal Puller, UUC Pulleys, Fan Delete, UUC Stage 2 Fly w/M5 Clutch, UUC Blacks w/TMEs, X-Brace, GC RTAB shims, GC RSMs,
    M Roadster lever, 245x40x17 all 4 corners, Drilled Zimmermans, Motul RBF600 and Redline Synth fluids.
    My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    2007 JB 335i Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by E36M3E View Post
    I'm sure your friend is very knowledgeable but, thats ok...I've done the pepsi challenge with FI and N/A with this mod. it is hands down the best airflow mod anyone, FI or NA, can do.

if it wasn't worth it I wouldn't be selling them to FI guys every week that tell me what a huge difference it made in their car.

I really like the mod. that's why I sell the kits.

Has any F/I guy sent you a before / after dyno? Did they all get a new tune? I am very interested in this mod but if I have to spend $800 for a new tune I'd rather put it off until I decide whether I want to go aftercooled or not

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by SmellyGreek View Post
    Has any F/I guy sent you a before / after dyno? Did they all get a new tune? I am very interested in this mod but if I have to spend $800 for a new tune I'd rather put it off until I decide whether I want to go aftercooled or not
    I'm sure a new tune may be required to squeak every last HP out of the mod but why would you need one. unless you hit the mechanical limits of your air meter or injectors or ECU to account for the increased airflow it should all be automatic. kinda like cleaning a badly clogged air filter.

I have sold the kit to many FI guys and none of them to my knowledge retuned. And I don't have any dyno graphs to support my statement, only personal accounts.

There are probably '95 3.0L M3s out there with some of the same FI kits and air/fuel maps as the '96+ cars.

I could be wrong...I've been wrong before...I'm ok with it.

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    that was quick Hugo.

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com