Thread: External Wastegate Change onto T2 TSI Manifold

My Cars
    E36 M3/4/5 & E46 LSB M3

External Wastegate Change onto T2 TSI Manifold

I was wondering how hard and how much labor would be involved in changing the T2 TSI Manifold and welding on or doing whatever to install an External Wastegate onto the manifold. Also, I have the GT3076R Turbo, How exactly does the internal wastegate come off and would I need to weld or plug anything up on the turbo. Also, can someone provide a detailed picture of how an external wastegate set up looks? I've heard of venting into the atmosphere, what does that exactly mean?? Also, how much boost would I be able to run with the external wastegate, Porsche 993TT HFM, and GReddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller?? I've read about the turbo and it's capable of 500hp, so I'm just wondering about this set up right now.
    1997 BMW ///M3 - Estoril Sedan 5MT - M-Rain Interior (1 of 1)
    2001 BMW ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue 6MT
    YouTube: (///Motorsport Throttle)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUM...pYSmibzy5YmUvQ

My Cars
    M3
    You can get the manifold machined for a wastegate port, but you can buy another manifold with a wastegate port already. Another option would be to 'sleeve' the wastegate port off your turbine housing to an external wastegate (since I assume your using a internal/swingvalve housing) -as in the old mechtech kits w/ deltagate wastegates

Porsche 996

1995 M3 turbo - GT35R , 55#inj , SPA manifold , AA tune SOLD

1993 325IS turbo - 502whp , SC67 , 55#inj
    RIP

My Cars
    95 M3; VSR Tuned.
    Buy one of techno550's manifolds along w/ a bigger turbo and call it a day...

He has a great price on his manifold rite now..or you can get one of mike radowski's manifolds if you get a lil boost hungry
    98' TECHNOVIOLET M3 PROJECT: STREETSLAYER'topsecretarea51status' UNDER MAJOR SURGERY! SHES IN BETTER HANDS NOW....

Sold: Gone, but...I'd buy them all back!
    05' Interlagos Blue ZCP M3 Slick Top, 6spd Man'sTrans, M-Alcantara Manual Seats: the unicorn that ran away
    95' Dinan "Collection" sans S/C 5spd M3 Sil/Blk.
    97' M3/4/5 Sil/Mulberry ActiveAutowerke Stg. 2 Turbo

My Cars
    E36 M3/4/5 & E46 LSB M3
    Not Yet, later on. What's the difference between the Spa and TSI manifold, I mean I can get the T3 flange extension for my manifold and bolt up a T3 Turbo and have the external wastegate ported.

Geno should I get this done by an exhaust shop or Machine shop?
    1997 BMW ///M3 - Estoril Sedan 5MT - M-Rain Interior (1 of 1)
    2001 BMW ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue 6MT
    YouTube: (///Motorsport Throttle)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUM...pYSmibzy5YmUvQ

My Cars
    BMWs
    If the stuff is cast iron you'll want to bring it to a welder who welds cast iron - an exhaust shop will not do and a machine shop will be like wtfux0r

My Cars
    E36/5 ///M & Turbo 325
    take you manifold down to these guys http://www.temcousa.com/Index_files/page0004.htm
    have them machine a 38mm port external wastegate on your tsi mani.

your turbo wastegate port needs to welded shut.
    OBD1 ECU TUNER