Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Add one more TT stage 1 to the list (pics inside 56K maybe)

My Cars
    '99 M3

Talking Add one more TT stage 1 to the list (pics inside 56K maybe)

Oh man i'm so happy. i just got my car back from Road Race Tech yesterday with my TT stage 1 installed . it's been a long time coming though. the whole process of ordering the kit and a couple other parts started months ago. anyway before i get into it i just wanted to thank some people. first Nick G. for obvious reasons. he's a great guy and he always gets back to you in a timely fashion and was willing to help out with everything. James and the rest of the guys at RRT. they are very professional but at the same time you can tell that they just love these cars and working on them. I never once felt like James was doing this simply for the money unlike some other shops i have brought my car to before. if anyone else needs to get one of these kits installed i would highly recommend them. they had a eurosport twinscrew in their shop at the same time so you can be confident that they can handle both sides of FI . I also wanted to thank Chris from understeer. He gave me a really good price on my UUC parts and they shipped out very fast. Dave (Bavman) and Ron (themadhatter) for answering questions from random PMs from a guy they didn't know . thanks for the tips guys it really helped out. and of course everyone in the FI section for posting a tremendous amount of info on a regular basis.

so i guess i will start with a parts list
    TT stage 1
    swaintech ceramic coated exhaust manifold and turbo housing
    Greddy Profec B spec 2
    TT intercooler black anodized
    VDO 30-0 in HG / 0-15 in PSI boost gauge (thanks Ron )
    UUC cerametallic clutch with a new OEM DM flywheel
    UUC evo3 w/ DSSR
    AA DSB

edit: I forgot to mention the M50 manifold and Stromung that I had prior to going turbo.

i haven't tuned the Greddy yet so i'm only running of the wastegate and it's great. but i can't wait for 8.5lbs . I also have a couple more goodies to do that James and I have been talking about doing. i only have a couple pics so far but i will get more soon. I'm trying to find out when i can dyno the car too (i have to work this weekend ) but once i do i'll post the dyno. anyway here are a couple pics to get started

when the kit arrived from Nick

i always wanted to have one of those pics of my turbo with a soda can next to it

such a beautiful site

the intercooler close up

fresh from swaintech

after high temp black

back together

this was taken monday at RRT. the avus in the background had a twinscrew in it

i'm going to get some more pics especially of the front to show how stealth the anodized intercooler is. if anyone else is interested the place that did it for me, A1 plating in Baltimore, Md , said that they would be willing to accept shipments from around the country. They did it for ~$98 and they did a great job.
    Last edited by wushucivic; 08-27-2006 at 02:32 AM.

My Cars
    '11 XC90, '06 Jetta 2.0T
    Nice, Glenn!

Another VA TT car
    -Dave

My Cars
    1997 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bav///Man View Post
    Nice, Glenn!

Another VA TT car
    Another VA reckless driving license loss in the works :P

1997 M3 (SOLD) :o 2000 528i Sport (SOLD)

My Cars
    '99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bav///Man View Post
    Nice, Glenn!

Another VA TT car
    thanks Dave. we will have to get together soon to get some stage 1 & 2 filming done

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    Another VA reckless driving license loss in the works :P
    oh i hope not

My Cars
    95 BMW M3,01 AUDI S4
    Congrats!!! have fun, and post some vids.

My Cars
    1998 M3, 2003 GSXR-1000
    nice set up man, how much power are you putting out, ~~ approximately that is??
    Mods: Carbon fiber hood, headlights with angel eyes and 14000 Kelvin HIDs, blacked out/smoked tail lights and side turning signals, smoked front corners...and thats about it
    Ohh...and some "bolt-ons" here and there........K&N air filter, m50 manifold, rouge trans mounts, a few V-band clamps, few silicon couplers....etc...etc....
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=653809

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    congrats man!!!

I just want to give you a little advice just like I gave Bav///man; take it really easy for awhile till you get used the power. the TT kit is tricky, it drives so smoothly that it's deceptive in it's power. the car can get you up to speeds so quickly that you'll seen find yourself shopping for a parachute.

when you 'grow tired' of the power, get the stage II and you'll be playing Nightrider like Dave and I. nearly nothing on the road can touch you...it's a rather intimidating though. 14 psi is my super pursuit mode.

-Ron

Hey man, I'm a professional!

My Cars
    2007 335i
    Congrats Glenn, can't wait to see more pics. What was your mileage when the kit went on????

My Cars
    '99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by GodFather View Post
    nice set up man, how much power are you putting out, ~~ approximately that is??
    nick could give you the best estimate but running just off the wastegate i've read that it should be around 300 whp i still have to get it to a dyno to verify the AFR so i'll find out then.

Quote Originally Posted by themadhatter View Post
    congrats man!!!

I just want to give you a little advice just like I gave Bav///man; take it really easy for awhile till you get used the power. the TT kit is tricky, it drives so smoothly that it's deceptive in it's power. the car can get you up to speeds so quickly that you'll seen find yourself shopping for a parachute.

when you 'grow tired' of the power, get the stage II and you'll be playing Nightrider like Dave and I. nearly nothing on the road can touch you...it's a rather intimidating though. 14 psi is my super pursuit mode.

-Ron
    Ron i appreciate the advice. it is soooo smooth. I love it but i will make sure to take it easy as i get used to it. stage 2 will probably happen sometime next year. Either way I’m trying to take it easy on the cerametallic right now anyway :wink

Quote Originally Posted by ///MPwr View Post
    Congrats Glenn, can't wait to see more pics. What was your mileage when the kit went on????
    it was just around 106K. before i bought the kit i took it to RRT to get it looked over and get a leakdown done. James said that all 6 cylinders were between 1-2% so i think it should handle boost well.

My Cars
    Avus/Black 97 328is
    Congrats Glenn. GLad you finally got this up and running. your car is really clean and I cant wait to see some numbers for it. Deffinatly need to see some pics of the car with the front bumper on. The sleeper look is awesome and I need to see it. Deffinatly keep us psoted on everything. +1 on the vids between you and Dave.
    For Sale, E36
    92-95 Non M Airbag-$50
    21.5# injectors(50k miles)-$60
    Crystal Clear 4 door corners-$20
    Grey 2dr C Pillars covers-$30
    Grey Sunvisors-$30
    Grey Sunroof Motor cover-$10
    Grey Sunroof trim peice-#10

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=566229

My Cars
    '99 M3
    i have to stop by RRT tomorrow so i will take some pics while i'm over there . honestly all you can see is the endtanks a little bit if you are close to it and you look at it from an angle otherwise it's a stock M3

My Cars
    2007 335i
    Are you running any other gauges besides the boost?

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Love the pics and info! You are stoked! The sleeper look is so sexy! Get some vids and more pics when it's done.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    '99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MPwr View Post
    Are you running any other gauges besides the boost?
    nope just the boost gauge.
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    Love the pics and info! You are stoked! The sleeper look is so sexy! Get some vids and more pics when it's done.
    thanks Cameron. i will get to working on video very soon, i just want to make sure everything is running right before i do

My Cars
    08 B6 TSI6, Caged MX5
    Congrats on the kit, should work nicely.

Has anyone with coated manifolds had a problem with them cracking?

My Cars
    E46 328ci
    Damn that intercooler looks so nice black. Post some pics when you put the front bumper on.

My Cars
    '99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by JHEIII850Turbo View Post
    Congrats on the kit, should work nicely.

Has anyone with coated manifolds had a problem with them cracking?
    not that i've heard of. when i was researching about it and trying to decide what i wanted to do( jet hot/swaintech or thermal wrap) i read that if you use thermal wrap that it can cause problems but getting it coated is very safe.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Congrats - now go drive the damned thing!

My Cars
    '99 M3
    i just got back from RRT. the AC needed to be recharged. i took some pics while i was there

as promised pics of the front. you can only see it if you are really close to it and even then it's kinda hard

i think i'm going to black out the grills and get smoked corners too.

My Cars
    93 325iS
    OMG that is hot. I was convinced I wanted a black IC before, and now I have to have one Have fun with that badass car

My Cars
    Lucid AirGT, 97 M3 S54
    So THAT's what my car would look like with the black IC.
    A word of Internet Forum wisdom: Disregard any advice that begins with "I've heard..."

97 M3/4 - S54, TRM Coilovers, UUC SSK/Sways/LTW Flywheel

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    Please don't black out the grills, they are a BMW hallmark!

the anodized intercooler really does disappear, wow. I actually like it, true evil looks under that hood and nobody knows.

Hey man, I'm a professional!

My Cars
    Turbo 99' M3
    The car is gorgeous. Good luck with it.

My Cars
    TURBO 99 M3, F82 M4
    I am so jealous....I love the black IC look....very stealthy.

Enjoy it man....
    Mod list - M50 manifold; TechniqueTuning Stg2, Apex Arc-8, ZKW euro, clear corners Mike R diffbrace, Koni Yell with HR race
    X-brace UCC tranny mounts -BLK/with enforcers, powerflex rtabs,lcabs, AAfanclutch, mishimoto rad, UCC Ultra-cerametallic Clutch.
    You will go through days of joy and days of sadness as the pursuit for power leads to madness...

My Cars
    2K M Roady, '86 944T
    You should keep your car the same. It's perfect. No need to change anything visually. Not only that, but talk about a sleeper! Keep it the same, trust me.

Rob - 2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster | 1986 Porsche 944 5.3L LM4

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast