Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M42 idle issues

My Cars
    94-318is, 99-528i, 07-M5
    Post pics please. I have the exact problem since I installed my DASC. I'm pretty sure what it is, just want to make sure its what I'm thinking of.

My Cars
    1994 Morea Green 318is
    Quote Originally Posted by HKBimmer View Post
    jimbolina, if you get this message, can you tell me which way the one way valve should be facing black side pointing up or the white pointing up. Or white side on the vacuum line to manifold side.
    The black side points towards the manifold (up).

My Cars
    1994 Morea Green 318is
    I forget to mention that this didn't totally cure my idle problem in the end. The computer must've just adjusted to the change.
    I also had to replace the diaphragm as it had a tear in it. So my DISA wasn't working anyway until I replaced it.
    To test the diaphragm:
    Reach behind the diaphragm and you should be able to feel the actuator arm;
    With the engine off, the arm should be fully extended meaning the DISA valve is open;
    When the engine is running at idle, the arm should retract, closing the DISA valve. If the arm doesn't retract completely or not at all and you have vacuum at the hose, then the diaphragm is leaking.

My Cars
    94-318is, 99-528i, 07-M5
    Nope never mind its not the problem. Thought I might need that part, but since I'm s/c I don't.. Thanks anyways.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12