Thread: ASC light stays on

My Cars
    F-150, CB500F, ES 350

Question ASC light stays on

on my way into work today, when i started my car i noticed the ASC light was on and it would not go off. so i didnt have time to look at it i just went to work. I looked in the manual and it said the car detects some fault in the asc, so im thinking im screwed... and then when i came out to start it for lunch the light was off and the asc was working again. anyone have any experience with this?

My Cars
    01 740I Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataliator
    on my way into work today, when i started my car i noticed the ASC light was on and it would not go off. so i didnt have time to look at it i just went to work. I looked in the manual and it said the car detects some fault in the asc, so im thinking im screwed... and then when i came out to start it for lunch the light was off and the asc was working again. anyone have any experience with this?
    did you start your car with the hood open? if you did and then shut the hood the light will stay on for a little bit and then shut off, especially after you restart the car...

My Cars
    95 325i
    my car just started doing this yesterday too, it will turn on and stay on when i turn on the car. sometimes if i turn it off and on again it will turn back off, but sometimes it just stays on the entire time

1995 325i

My Cars
    Avus M3
    mine stayed on because I never fixed my abs. it stayed on for so long the bulb went out. problem solved

My Cars
    Toyota Broquoia
    ASC is useless, just take it out. You will enjoy the added throttle response.

Otherwise, check the ASC throttle cable and actuator, they might be comming loose.

My Cars
    2009 135i
    when i used to have asc, mine did this, check to make sure the plug didn't blow off, sometimes the asc plug gets loose and disconnects from the throttlebody which turns on the light, so just check and make sure it's still there

National Capital Chapter BMW CCA #367673

My Cars
    95 325i
    sometimes the light doesnt turn on though. where is the cable for the ASC that i need to check?

1995 325i

My Cars
    Toyota Broquoia
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackE36is
    sometimes the light doesnt turn on though. where is the cable for the ASC that i need to check?
    It's plugged into the ASC throttle body. The ASC TB is located between your air sensor and intake manifold.

My Cars
    F-150, CB500F, ES 350
    thanks dudes

My Cars
    2009 135i
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataliator
    thanks dudes
    did it work?

National Capital Chapter BMW CCA #367673

My Cars
    95 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by DiScoTeknix
    It's plugged into the ASC throttle body. The ASC TB is located between your air sensor and intake manifold.
    anyone have a pic jsut to make sure im looking at the right thing?

1995 325i

My Cars
    F-150, CB500F, ES 350
    I Jiggled It A Bit, It Seemed Tight But I Just Gave It A Wiggle. Hasnt Come On Since.

My Cars
    2003 AW M5
    Just used this thread to fix my sister's '96 328i for the traction control light which wouldn't turn off. Ended up disconnecting the connectors, cleaning them out, and remounting the throttle cable itself which looked loose. Much appreciated to all!

This thread....is back from the dead!

My Cars
    00 M5, 12' Ducati SF
    any pictures...mine is staying on as well...I'd like to have my ASC winter for the shitty winter that will be coming

My Cars
    E36 325i
    i have a similar problem.
    ASC light is turning on random. Sometimes it turns on after i start the engine, sometimes after hundreds of kilometers..
    ABS is working.
    What should i check? ASC cable? ASC module?

My Cars
    4 old ones
    Quote Originally Posted by florin83 View Post
    i have a similar problem.
    ASC light is turning on random. Sometimes it turns on after i start the engine, sometimes after hundreds of kilometers..
    ABS is working.
    What should i check? ASC cable? ASC module?
    Could be a dirty sensor.

...steven BMWCCA 146825
    http://318ti.org | http://bmwcca.org/forum
    1995 318ti Club Sport - 1996 328ti Sport - 1991 325iC - 2003 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    F-150, CB500F, ES 350
    Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Could be a dirty sensor.
    +1 or a dirty terminal where the asc harness plugs into the TB..

My thread is like teh zombiez...bak from teh deadz lol

My Cars
    2000 Acura 3.2 TL, 1989 Toyota pickup, 1996 318ic
    I know on my car, I will have ABS and ASC on all the time unless I park my car on a level surface. Then when I start it, the lights disappear like normal, as they should. I cleaned around the throttle cable, but nada...
    318ic, with style 67 e46 m3 rims, apexcone 5000k headlights, some sound system that is bumpin but have no idea what it is...and all the electrical problems that make a bmw a bmw.

STYLE 67 e46 M3 rims for trade for anyone who has a set of 4 17's and a spare (I'm open to many styles as long as they are OEM)...pm me for info and pics! I'm letting them go for a STEAL!!! I need a softer ride for me and my rugrats...

My Cars
    1997 bmw 323i

Thumbs up

bloody awsome been driving around with mine on for weeks so done what you said on here and off it went cheers guys

My Cars
    97 M3, 2-97 328is
    Anyone have there abs and asc light come on? P
    Need graphic design work? LookAtMeSmile.com

Quote Originally Posted by cr2596 View Post
    Yup. A differnt time for the forum. The great threads get 12 replies. Shit threads get 12 pages.

My Cars
    E30, E34, E36, Camry
    I LOVE my Automatic Slow Control. It keeps my car from doing what I tell it to do.

Level8Drummer

Driving instructor for: BMWCCA, PCA, SCCA, Chin Motorsports, and Hooked on Driving.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 318ti
    Can somebody provide a picture of the location of the cable (air sensor and the intake) thanks much ... I just got mine 1995 318ti that has that light on.

BTW is there any danger in driving with the light on, I plan to fix it properly but want to know how problematic is to drive with ligth on since this days everything is pretty busy and want to address this issue early next year.

Much thanks and happy holidays ... this forum is great !

My Cars
    '00 528ia Sport, '07 MCS
    well the danger lies in not having traction control. This time of year you could be driving down the road hit a patch of slush, lose traction and be tossed off. not a lovely thing to happen. check your owners manual for the location in the engine bay or follow the throttle cables.

My Cars
    06E46S54
    Quote Originally Posted by camiloteram View Post
    mine stayed on because I never fixed my abs. it stayed on for so long the bulb went out. problem solved
    haha, I'm goining on 6 years waiting