Thread: CD Magazine will not come out of CD deck on my stock bmw cd changer

My Cars
    02 M5, '14 328D, '91 325

CD Magazine will not come out of CD deck on my stock bmw cd changer

Just a few days ago, my cd deck somehow got messed up. It still powers up just fine, and the stock head unit works just fine. However, when i press the green button on the cd deck to remove the magazine in the trunk, it just makes a clicking sound, but the magazine wont come out. The other wierd thing is that when i press CD on my head unit, it just says "No Magazine" ...Anybody know how to possibly fix this problem?????

My Cars
    Yeah, there is a gear on the back that has come loose and isn't meshing with the other gears needed to let the magazine out. Take the cover off of the changer and you'll find it. Lubricate everything in that area to prevent it from geting stuck agian.

My Cars
    '95 e36ic -1973 mgb- bmw r1200c- 1972 dodge dart
    the best fix ive learned on the forums-- slide a business/library/credit card under the magazine- it will pop right out.

My Cars
    02 M5, '14 328D, '91 325
    Fixed it. What a pain in the a$$ though.

My Cars
    1999 M3
    Just got the same error message/problem but mine did nothing. There is a latching mechanism 4" deep to the left of center of the magazine. Use a 6 x 2" plastic ruler the thickness of a credit card (that was about 3/4" too short), insert it with the left side at the centerline of the magazine and push to your left. That will release the magazine. It seems the "no magazine" error (if it is not doing anything when trying to eject it) indicates the changer is fried as mine does absolutely nothing and does not appear to get any power. Took it apart, checked the fuse, etc. and it's still dead as a doorknob.