Thread: 1982 323i Baur

My Cars
    80' Euro 323is

1982 323i Baur

I am about to purchase an 82 323i Baur and was wondering if i can get your opinions. The car is in great condition with 130k miles. Everything is original, has the add on zender bodykit and some black mesh wheels. The interior is in good condition except for he dashboard. It still has the original 2.3L engine and its 5 speed. My question is how much is one of these worth in general? I am buying it for 3500. Thanks guys. This will be my second e21 323i.

My Cars
    '71 Bavaria
    that sounds about right! if there were any changes in price it would be higher... in my opinion. rust?

My Cars
    80' Euro 323is
    there is a small area of rust in the trunk

My Cars
    80' Euro 323is
    so how much is the car worth in the market?

My Cars
    E21 320IS
    I'd shoot for 2500-3000. Rust isnt something you want to play with even in minimal amounts. You need to check the rails, pans, shock towers and comb the car. Low ball them first and than come up on your offer if they reject yours.

My Cars
    80' Euro 323is
    i cant check it because its halfway across the US. Thats all there worth? i thought the baur convertible would be worth more than that?

My Cars
    81 320i
    yeah, they are definately rare, and, IMO, they 'should' be worth more than that.
    But, if the owner doesn't really know what he has & the car isn't in bad condition, it sounds like a really good deal for you (the buyer).

My Cars
    e61
    A Baur convertible IS worth more than that. $3500 is a very good price for a restorable solid car. You are always going to find some rust. Make sure all of the top parts are there. How is the top? For example the hard top portion sells for $400 to $600 on ebay when they appear, which is rare.

Trust those who have bought and sold 323s and Baurs for the right price perspective. You are looking at a very rare car.

Bruce
    Baur owner

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    I paid 6k for my 81 baur and it was appraised for 8k and I've seen some for sale for 10k and up when I was researching my Baur. Only 4,595 were ever built and only a small fraction of those were 323i models.

Mine is not stock, it has a bored and stroked motor, not sure what block it has and all the engine mods are still a mystery, it has been lowered with bilstein sports/eiback springs, 15 inch E30 bourbet wheels (2 sets) with custom spacers, rear adjustable sway bar, front bar is supposed to be aftermarket but it looks stock to me, complete zender body kit and a zender heckspoiler. My interior needs to be redone, but the car has no rust and the trunk was replaced and the whole area undercoated. my paint isn't perfect, but it's fairly good, the drivers tailight is cracked and if I let it get wet the taillight seals leak and I have to take everyting apart and dry it all out to avoid future rust issues....

The Frozen Baur (AKA The Frozen Ground) now on Netflix (John Cussack is driving the Omega behind the Baur)

My Cars
    80' Euro 323is
    The owner said the top is in excellent condition. Total is 3600 Shipped from NJ to CA. Thanks for your replys guys.

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    Your getting a heck of a deal with shipping included. I kinda had to pay what was asked since as far as any one knows it's the only Baur in the state....shipping a car up here from just Seattle is over 2k....

It's good to see a few Baur people on this board. you'll have to add yours to the registry when you get it.

http://www.bmw-baur-tc-club.de/index...ewlang=english

The Frozen Baur (AKA The Frozen Ground) now on Netflix (John Cussack is driving the Omega behind the Baur)