Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Pictures

My Cars
    Turbo M roadster, z3 1.9l s/c

Turbo Pictures

Here is all the pictures:

Last edited by Midnight Autoworks; 04-15-2006 at 12:42 PM.

My Cars

Last edited by Midnight Autoworks; 04-15-2006 at 12:43 PM.

My Cars
    E39 M5
    I never got a response from my e-mail

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    i cant really tell what im looking at.. but looks like you made some sort of a kit. Too bad we couldnt have a successful meeting. good luck to you. Hopefully youll be a little more timely with your other customers than you were with me..

-jon
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    which manifold is that? it doesnt look like hte SPA or the turbonetics
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    97 Evil M3/4, 01 M5
    Hmm,

I'm looking at the pics, and some of the orientations of those pics are a little confusing so I'm not sure what I am looking at.

Maybe its just I'm not familiar with a Z3 chassis, but,
    Care to clarify or post pics with a better frame of reference? It would only help all of us in the end.

-Rich
    M3 Sedan Club President #21

My Cars
    2004 330Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by m3j0n
    i cant really tell what im looking at.. but looks like you made some sort of a kit. Too bad we couldnt have a successful meeting. good luck to you. Hopefully youll be a little more timely with your other customers than you were with me..

-jon
    Why do you bitch so much?

My Cars
    1999 ///M3 SOLD, 2006 EVO IX SOLD, 2008 AW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmansM
    My little Racecar

My Cars
    Lots o' m3s
    Quote Originally Posted by m3j0n
    which manifold is that? it doesnt look like hte SPA or the turbonetics
    ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmansM
    lol, it is a valid point. While I'm fairly convinced MA isn't exactly on the up and up, that point is exacerbated by Jon having a track record of being hard to work with (both on the forum and with NickG). :shrug:

So how about that dyno graph MA? I offered to throw down $20 towards it and I KNOW there are a number of shops open in the area that dyno on the weekends....
    SOLD -A dozen ///M3s of all shapes

My Cars
    Acura for now :(
    Those rubber couplers, like the one off the turbo don't like boost; it seems to be a Fernco coupler from home depot and they don't last at all with boost temperatures/pressures.

I would say that these pictures don't help the cause. There is oil all over from who knows what, the downpipe looks poorly welded. The car has no intake or air filter, and the emanage looks to be mounted to the battery of all things and there are wires all over. It just looks messy. I'm not trying to be a dick or be rude or anything, but that's my honest opinion of it. I'd say my DIY kit is of a MUCH higher level of quality than this, and this is trying to be sold? Not good if you ask me.

Nick
    Porsche Technician

1996 328is - |AFE intake|S52 cams|M50 manifold|Custom trackpipe|AA Tuned DME|Stromung catback|Fan delete|ASC delete|3.23 LSD|MZ3 Shifter|Sparco Front Strut Bar|Powerflex FCAB, RTAB, and subframe bushings|RE clutch stop|RE Transmission mounts|LTW5 17x9 wheels|245/40 tires|Bilstein BTS kit|HID Depo's| -*SOLD*

1995 Turbo M3 - 405/395 at the wheels - *SOLD*

My Cars
    Fast ones...
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofynick6
    Those rubber couplers, like the one off the turbo don't like boost; it seems to be a Fernco coupler from home depot and they don't last at all with boost temperatures/pressures.

I would say that these pictures don't help the cause. There is oil all over from who knows what, the downpipe looks poorly welded. The car has no intake or air filter, and the emanage looks to be mounted to the battery of all things and there are wires all over. It just looks messy. I'm not trying to be a dick or be rude or anything, but that's my honest opinion of it. I'd say my DIY kit is of a MUCH higher level of quality than this, and this is trying to be sold? Not good if you ask me.

Nick
    Ditto.

Also//

MA...
    some underbonnet shots are VITAL...

People want to see the intake system not just the turbo!

and WHAT is with the bonnet of that car???!! It looks totally filthy?

Is it just me or does that oil dripped car parking space, filthy bonnet and so on make it look like the "kit" has been built up in a parking lot??

My Cars
    Fast ones...
    Also// talking of rubber couplers......

What is with that big one on the outlet side of the IC??
    Looks like a weak point IMO??

My Cars
    00 540iTs Glacier, 06 RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofynick6

Nick
    Your "kit" does look to be of higher quality. Want to make some $$$?

\\

Joe, if you have emanage plug-n-play that works, pm me and I'll see if we can work a test purchase/install report.
    Last edited by 325icintn; 04-15-2006 at 11:04 AM.

My Cars
    Looking......
    Joe, you have PM. as you can see, something that would really help people out if you could get a video of everything. the car running on a couple of passes and if you would zoom in on the turbo parts and tell us what they are. i think that would really help. also, hop on that dyno

My Cars
    97 Evil M3/4, 01 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by and1c
    Ditto.

Is it just me or does that oil dripped car parking space, filthy bonnet and so on make it look like the "kit" has been built up in a parking lot??
    Hey! Mine was built in a parking lot
    M3 Sedan Club President #21

My Cars
    00 540iTs Glacier, 06 RR
    Quote Originally Posted by and1c
    and WHAT is with the bonnet of that car???!! It looks totally filthy?
    Looks like carbon fiber. The flash creates that dusty looks.

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    is this the car that you claim you brought down to show Jon? the same car that you stated you were going to jack up and snap pics of?

are these the photos that you took last night?

Hey man, I'm a professional!

My Cars
    1997 m3

Am i seeing things or the back pipiping looks extremly kinked

[B]

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by themadhatter
    is this the car that you claim you brought down to show Jon? the same car that you stated you were going to jack up and snap pics of?

are these the photos that you took last night?
    Yes.

There are two pictures from wednesday (the two with the turbo that has no exhaust attached) the rest I snaped last night in the parking lot with a jack.

And the kinked pipe question? thats the intercooler your looking at, driver side looking from the wheel well.
    Last edited by Midnight Autoworks; 04-15-2006 at 12:58 PM.

My Cars
    Rubber couplers, all the rubber is double thikness and I bead roll all the pipe ends. I was considering switching to t-bolt claimps but Im not sure if that is really necessary through out the whole kit, I will switch to t-bolts on the air mass meter. I grooved the air mass meter in the picture but if you dont groove it I think you will need better claimps there.

My Cars
    Looking......
    what kind of manifold is that?

My Cars
    Manifold- Tubular custom fabrication. I posted 3 options in the other thread- SPA, turbonetics and tubular. On the Z3/mroadster/mcoupe, the tubular is easier to work with, All e36 I go with SPA, and you can request turbonetics. Your choice, makes no difference in the turbos relaltive positioning. The tubular we can modify if your doing an e30 m3 transplant or anything like that.

Coments on the turbo kit, Please feel free to PM any coment recomendations you have, The contents of the kit is not set in stone if you have any recomendations or sugestions please PM with those. Right now I have to get back to packing/shipping packages but I have a date with the dyno for tuesday.

My Cars
    Fast ones...
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Autoworks
    Coments on the turbo kit, Please feel free to PM any coment recomendations you have, The contents of the kit is not set in stone if you have any recomendations or sugestions please PM with those. Right now I have to get back to packing/shipping packages but I have a date with the dyno for tuesday.

Ermmm.
    A video of the car actually driving in and out of car would be good!
    I want to see this emanage in action

My Cars
    Lots o' m3s
    For the love of god, put it on the dyno

It doesn't take a whole lot of skill to get the mechanicals sorted out, the appeal of your kit so far has come from the fact you claim to have the Greddy E-manage setup sorted out. We still have no confirmation that this even works, and if it does we'd all like to see some a/f charts and hp/tq figures.

:shrug:
    SOLD -A dozen ///M3s of all shapes

My Cars
    Looking......
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzintn
    For the love of god, put it on the dyno

:shrug:
    Dude, no offense, but can you not read?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Autoworks
    Right now I have to get back to packing/shipping packages but I have a date with the dyno for tuesday.
    So it looks like Tuesday we should have some dyno's. but who the hell knows considering his rep.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast