Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Twinscrew Impressions

My Cars
    a car

Eurosport Twinscrew Impressions

Finally after all this time got my car up and running with the Eurosport Twinscrew. Had the kit for the longest time, but car sat on the backburner for a long time and I finally got to working on it again. Josh and crew at Eurosport were totally helpful getting stuff setup and went well beyond the norm to make sure I would get up and running with my frankenstein setup.

The kit is beautiful. Every single peice is well thought out and just so pretty.

Car is a 99 OBD2 M3 with a 2.8L aluminum bottom-end from a Z3, and S52 head. Motor is running 10.33:1 compression, is studded up and has AA headers bolted to it going to an AA trackpipe and a custom 3" exhaust with a carbon/ti muffler. Driveline is stock M3 tranny with 3.23 LSD and solid mounts on the diff. Car is running a UUC Stage 2 flywheel with M5 clutch that was working great for 242whp NA the car made with its previous 3.2L. Car is built for SCCA Street Modified competition and does see street use for pleasure. Car was 2630 lbs prior to the screw (carbon everything, aluminum doors, etc.) Need to see where it is after - it is still a pretty lightweight car considering all interior except for back seat and all street-running gear in place. But now it has some real cojones!

Pulling out of the neighborhood in third gear literally idling at 20ish mph, I said to my buddy who had come along for the maiden voyage, "OK, I'll goose it a little here on the turn out onto the main street", let's see how fast the boost builds. Before we could read it, the car was full boost and launching like in it was in first. We both yelled out "holy shxt".

We drove to the gas station to get some gas, and putted through town along the way. The car runs around like stock when it's off boost. Idles like stock, smooth rolls from lights just fine with small throttle inputs. Boost is INSTANTLY available at any RPM just by pushing the throttle. 1st gear is done before your foot gets to the floor. 2nd gear is done before you know it. I was hitting the limiter all over the place in the acceleration lanes on the freeway learning the shift times. I ride a 900cc Ducati Monster motorcycle, and this car with a passenger and rear seat (which I don't run in competition) was ~10mph faster than the bike at the same point in an acceleration lane i commuted on everyday. The throttle response and torque is just like a big v-twin motorcycle as well, instant and plentiful.

The clutch did not hold in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear, high-load pulls. WOT at anything above 4000RPM there and the motor would hit instant rev-limiter. So, I have to get a stronger clutch than the M5 clutch on the UUC Stage 2 kit! Was on Hoosier A3S05 R-compounds running around.

It's raining here so probably will miss the autocross events this weekend. Also need to get a clutch before posting some dynos, but those are in the works.

All I have to say as a first impression is WOW!

Edit: anyone have recommendations on a clutch?
    Last edited by megatron; 04-08-2006 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Title

My Cars
    05 Yukon Denali,01 MB s430,99 Tacoma,95 M3 Turbo
    Sounds like fun.....max boost?
    1995 M3 Custom Turbo, Turbonetics T66 BB,72lb injectors, Sias Tuning PnP Tec 3, IBM T30,PLX M250 wideband O2 sensor,Blitz SBC-iD Built low CR 8.5:1 motor CP Pistons,ARP head & main studs,Metric Mechanic HP Valve springs,walbro 255hp,BMP FPR,Modified fuel rail # 6 SS feed line,3in ss custom magnaflow exhaust,Lower level turbo intake,AA six puck disc, Spec Stage IV PP ,AA differential bracket,AA strut tower brace,UUC UD Pullies,UUC short shifter,UUC tranny mounts,UUC clutch stop,Fluidyne HP radiator.M3 LTW wheels Est..1001 rwhp!

Http://members.cardomain.com/bassmasterM3
    (DIY custom turbo)

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Your impression sounds just like the one I did for Zoran; visual AND roadtest.

I know where you can get a Clutch Masters Ceramic puck clutch for like 75% of original cost. Never installed...

Contact Bob if you're interested: zimpwh@hotmail.com

The clutch has NOT been installed. He also has the all steel lightweight flywheel to go with it.

My Cars
    99M3, 97NSX, 03S600, 04RX330, 04Dakota, 01 3.2TL
    Keep the UUC St2 Flywheel and get a new clutch. Actually who makes UUC's Clutch, is it a Clutch masters product?
    Engine & Driveline: ICS Stage 4 SC * 8 Rib * 15+psi * xx# injectors * Schrick Cams * Larger HFM * Port & Polished Head * 3 Angle Valve Job * VAC MLS .140 HG * E36TD Fan Setup * Shorty Headers * Track Pipe * UUC UDPs * S54 Oil Cooler * OEM S54 Radiator * S54 Guibo * Stromung Exhaust * ACS Delete * UUC SSK * Rouge WSR * UUC TME
    Chasis Tuning: GC COs * UUC Sways * X-Brace * Rouge RSM * GC RTAB * AA DSB * Z3 Steering Rack * BBS RC 18x8.5 ET38/ 255/35/18s @ all 4* Front Strut Brace * RaceLogic * 3.38 LSD
    Exterior: DEEP BLACK PAINT * Rolled Fenders * Custom Vented Hood * RD Diffuser * Red DDEs * 8,000K HIDs * Smoked Markers
    Coming Soon: Finish ICE * 6-sp Trans * 6 Pot 13.6 Fr, 4 Pot 12.9 Rr BBK
    4 Sale: M3 S52 Cams * M3 Rear Seats * 99 M3 Fan&Clutch, Intake Manifold, Headers * Alum Therm Housing * 42# Injectors * Dresmann Rear Kit * Tilton/ICS Flywheel & Clutch * LED, Smoked & OEM Taillights * & More
    Wheels & Tires: Custom 18x8.5 BBS RCs * 3 17x8 Grey OZ Superleggeras * RD RGS 17x8

My Cars
    323ci,ml320
    sounds like a beast Now with your twin screw you say it goes right to full boost is that even if your in a gear like 3rd doing 30 and you step on it you get full boost or does it still build slowly?

My Cars
    1996 328i Convertibl
    Congratulations to the installation of the Eurosport Twin Screw in your M3.

With regards to the clutch, I had the same problem. The M5 clutch is not holding the power. I also had the infamous clutch delay valve in my 328i installed which made matters worse.

The valve is gone, the UUC UltraSmooth CeraMetallic E34/M5 clutch is broken in, and it has no problem holding the torque that the TS is throwing at it. I didn't have the heart to go for a hard launch. But I got caught by surprise when I did engage the clutch around 2.5krpm on dry even pavement with good 245 Azenis 615, which put the car sideways.

You gotta love the torque of the Twin Screw.
    Aus Freude am schneller Fahren / • My Track Videos •
    1997 M3 Coupe, 15 PSI GT35R Turbo, track car

My Cars
    '11 1M, '13 Tacoma
    I can't wait...

"We are the music makers...and we are the dreamers of dreams."

My Cars
    E30 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by ///M3///M5
    I can't wait...
    Either can I... i need a ride in one so badly

My Cars
    a car
    Quote Originally Posted by e popa
    sounds like a beast Now with your twin screw you say it goes right to full boost is that even if your in a gear like 3rd doing 30 and you step on it you get full boost or does it still build slowly?
    you step and the gauge is at pretty much full boost (within a lb) before you can even look at the gauge. boost is, shall we say, a "step function".

My Cars
    skateboard
    Nice setup your running, so you've got the 2.8 bottom end from the z3 and
    s52 head with the s52 cams. Can't wait to see a dyno on this setup.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    a car
    yep that's that setup. the 2.8 gets it under the 3.0L displacement cap for forced induction in SCCA street modified and the aluminum block helps to offset the weight addition from the supercharger and its ancillaries.

My Cars
    2004 545i, 1995 M3, 1995 Civic "Hooptie"
    Quote Originally Posted by megatron
    The clutch did not hold in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear, high-load pulls. WOT at anything above 4000RPM there and the motor would hit instant rev-limiter. So, I have to get a stronger clutch than the M5 clutch on the UUC Stage 2 kit! Was on Hoosier A3S05 R-compounds running around..........

All I have to say as a first impression is WOW!

Edit: anyone have recommendations on a clutch?
    I had a spin in a Twin Screw last week that was pushing some seriously high HP/TQ numbers on the Dyno . It had a UUC Stage2 flywheel and a Spec Stage 3 clutch. It seemed not to have any problem in holding the power. My problems with the Spec Stage 3 (puck style) are it is loud, very grabby for the street (almost on/off) and a chore for daily city driving. But if your car sees very little street, it seems like a no brainer.

just my 2 cents worth

Tanks95 is offline M3s Only Have Two Doors BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M
    Stories like this just make my mouth water; I can’t until Eurosport screws me!

If your M3 doesn’t have 3 pedals and 2 doors, I would really consider contacting BMW to confirm the authenticity of your incorrectly badged mid-sized family sedan.

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanks95
    Stories like this just make my mouth water; I can’t until Eurosport screws me!
    Agreed; Josh knows I want one for my S-54 M Rdstr...

I need you E-46 M3 guys to start making some noise (more of them than the M Rdstr). At least the E-46 NON-M3 guys (M-54 engine) won't have to wait as long

My Cars
    2014 Porsche Cayman S
    Uli- Aren't you the test rat for Stage 2? Last I talked to them they were expecting a Feb. release. Obviously that didn't work out . . . any idea when the Stg 2 comes out?

My Cars
    turbo325is, 01 330xi
    congrats, that is a sexy looking kit, i drooled over it for some time , but the bank said dont even bother lol.

My Cars
    a
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Forbes
    Agreed; Josh knows I want one for my S-54 M Rdstr...

I need you E-46 M3 guys to start making some noise (more of them than the M Rdstr). At least the E-46 NON-M3 guys (M-54 engine) won't have to wait as long
    A nice S54 twin-screw .. would be amazing. I'd love to see one!

I also can't wait to see a stage II production TS kit. One that lowers compression and puts out 14-15 psi.

-Dave

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Sounds pretty cool, I love these twin screw kits.
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    M
    Congrats and welcome to the club!
    "It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. That's just the way it is..." - The M Coupe

My Cars
    1996 328i Convertibl
    Quote Originally Posted by 300ZXNA
    Uli- Aren't you the test rat for Stage 2? Last I talked to them they were expecting a Feb. release. Obviously that didn't work out . . . any idea when the Stg 2 comes out?
    That's a question for Josh. My job is just driving it hard. That sucks, but somebody has got to do it.

Good to know that when he and Jim Conforti get together to finish up the different boost levels for the 1.7l TS unit there is more to come.
    Last edited by Uli; 04-09-2006 at 01:05 AM.
    Aus Freude am schneller Fahren / • My Track Videos •
    1997 M3 Coupe, 15 PSI GT35R Turbo, track car

My Cars
    99 M3, 13 650 Gran Coupe
    Mine is on-order, going in within the next 1-2 months. Did you install it yourself? How many hours involved?

I will be using this primarily as a street car (its a n M3 vert for 'pleasure drives'), so clutch feel to me is a big deal. I had heard that the UUC stage 2 Fly with the UUC Performance Organic Clutch would be a 'close-to- stock-feeling' system that could easily handle the eurosport TS torque/hp - No?

'99 Hellrot M3 vert; Eurosport twin-screw SC w/ 76mm pulley + Schrick cam (i.e., TRM Stage 2 TS), UDP's,
    oil cooler; GC coilovers; Z3 steering rack; Euro 6-spd trans; Diffsonline 3.46 LSD

My Cars
    '11 1M, '13 Tacoma
    Quote Originally Posted by agu845
    Mine is on-order, going in within the next 1-2 months. Did you install it yourself? How many hours involved?

I will be using this primarily as a street car (its a n M3 vert for 'pleasure drives'), so clutch feel to me is a big deal. I had heard that the UUC stage 2 Fly with the UUC Performance Organic Clutch would be a 'close-to- stock-feeling' system that could easily handle the eurosport TS torque/hp - No?
    I am in the same boat...on order. I have the STG 2 Flywheel and Performance Organic Clutch. Hopefully it will hold the power.

My Cars
    99 M3, 13 650 Gran Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by ///M3///M5
    I am in the same boat...on order. I have the STG 2 Flywheel and Performance Organic Clutch. Hopefully it will hold the power.

That set-up SHOULD hold the power, accroding to all that I have read....Any chatter with that set-up? Chatter will drive me INSANE in this vert.

'99 Hellrot M3 vert; Eurosport twin-screw SC w/ 76mm pulley + Schrick cam (i.e., TRM Stage 2 TS), UDP's,
    oil cooler; GC coilovers; Z3 steering rack; Euro 6-spd trans; Diffsonline 3.46 LSD

My Cars
    '11 1M, '13 Tacoma
    That set-up SHOULD hold the power, accroding to all that I have read....Any chatter with that set-up? Chatter will drive me INSANE in this vert.
    crrrrrrr-----ttttttt----------crrrrr

It definitly chatters, but I need to change my fluids.

My Cars
    a car
    yep. about 10 hours total. if you're super fast, can probably do it in under 8, but not me. that doesn't count the 4 hours or so to do a clutch job (if you've done one at least a few times). otherwise, budget 12hrs for the clutch job.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast