Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Technique Tuning Stg 1 Vids Vs Turbo IS300

My Cars
    none

Technique Tuning Stg 1 Vids Vs Turbo IS300

We got the kit from Nick G. with his 3 inch turbo back exhaust and installed it in about 20hrs (3 days of work) on my buddies 95 m3 with 85k miles on it. The kit is truely bolt-on and comes with everything down to the last bolt to install. I was pretty impressed with the packaging and organization.

Well heres the outcome. Btw, the videos are the in the dark and taken with a digital still camera so dont complain and don't download them if you hate those kind of videos!!

These vids are races vs a turbo IS300 that is putting out 348whp. The races are at 2nd and 3rd gear starting rolls. All the noise is coming from the IS300 that is dumping his wastegate to atmosphere. The m3 is pretty quiet (even the exhaust). The m3 ended up beating him by about a bus length every single time

And then a pretty heavily random modified wrx (remember seeing it at a local performance shop) came to play. The wrx got beat by a car length but i'm sure it has a large turbo on it with supporting mods:

And before anyone asks we don't have any dyno numbers yet. Will have them in about a week or two.

UPDATE:

My buddy just sent the footage over from shots inside his IS300. You can see the ass beating much better in this one

*Caution, some foul langauge and racist remarks that might offend some people*

ANOTHER UPDATE: As of today, April 9th, I've found out that these runs were only on 6 pounds of boost. Stay tuned for some 8.5 lb runs tonight.
    Last edited by binh; 05-16-2006 at 02:50 PM.

My Cars
    94 325is VF S/C
    Very impressive Didn't even look like he was racing

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    You rule! Nobody else has any race videos that I remember with this kit...you guys install it quietly in 3 days and then make all those vids, host them and post them...all before you even dyno! Also, other than Boris I think these are the only pics of the kit on a car.

Again, you rule!
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    94 325 always in pieces
    wo nice, i couldn't hear a BOV??

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by NHbmw325I
    wo nice, i couldn't hear a BOV??
    Yea, because that IS300 was loud as SH!T!!

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3
    You rule! Nobody else has any race videos that I remember with this kit...you guys install it quietly in 3 days and then make all those vids, host them and post them...all before you even dyno! Also, other than Boris I think these are the only pics of the kit on a car.

Again, you rule!
    Thanks man. I have a ton more pics of the install process from last week. I'll post them tomorrow or something.

I would love a Stg 2 kit on my car

Btw, if anyone wants a stg 1 kit installed in NJ PM me

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    nice....NOBODY with the TT kits ever take vids, glad to see some more...

sweet ride, and nice doin the install all stealth letting nobody know, and BAM here you are with a sickly fast ride...

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    none
    UPDATE:

My buddy just sent the footage over from shots inside his IS300. You can see the ass beating much better in this one

http://eden.rutgers.edu/~binhle/TurboM3vids/5mb.wmv

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by binh
    UPDATE:

http://eden.rutgers.edu/~binhle/TurboM3vids/5mb.wmv
    That was awesome! Love it!
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    1400bhp 86' Outer Reef
    I raced a guy with IS300 that had a GT35R. The man claimed 450 to the wheels. I raced him and put about a buss on him by the end of third, we started from the middle of 2nd. If your buddy is on the IS forums have him ask around for the guy, he should live in Boca Raton, if not S. Fla., S West Palm Beach.

Juker008

My Cars
    '01 Mcoupe / '16 Golf R
    good stuff

My Cars
    TURBO 99 M3, F82 M4
    Awesome job.. What kinda boost/setup is the IS running?
    Mod list - M50 manifold; TechniqueTuning Stg2, Apex Arc-8, ZKW euro, clear corners Mike R diffbrace, Koni Yell with HR race
    X-brace UCC tranny mounts -BLK/with enforcers, powerflex rtabs,lcabs, AAfanclutch, mishimoto rad, UCC Ultra-cerametallic Clutch.
    You will go through days of joy and days of sadness as the pursuit for power leads to madness...

My Cars
    1400bhp 86' Outer Reef
    After looking over the last vid, taken from the IS. I didn't beat my opponent in his IS as bad. I only put a single buss on his. You on the other hand, put bussies (write that down Websters).

Juker008

My Cars
    '03 M3, '92 525i
    Wow...that IS is slow....and that M is fast! Damn I want a TT kit!
    '03 E46 M3 - "Brittney"
    '92 E34 525i - "Ivanka"

My Cars
    E39 M5
    umm in that last 5mb video if you look hard, it almost looks like the M creams a car in the first race lol

oh and nothing funnier then white guys (I'm assuming) saying "my n*gga" lolz
    edit: watched again, does the Lexus have a boost leak because it sounds like it

My Cars
    Recovering Boost Junkie...
    Wait...IS300 has about 340 rwhp. I think TT Stage I M3 would have about the same if my memory serves me correct.

How is IS so embarrasingly slow???
    I used to own IS and I lurk IS forum time to time, I bet they will get a kick out of this one.
    2008 X5 4.8i
    2003 330xi -sold-
    2001 X5 4.4i -sold-
    2001 M5 -sold-
    2001 M Roadster (SCed, Highly modified) -sold-
    2000 M Roadster -sold-
    1995 325is -sold-

My Cars
    turbo325is, 01 330xi
    nice videos, great kills

Nice video!

Is that a mechtech eqvivalent kit on the IS? For the the price of a TT kit I will make 500+ whp on my 2jzge and trap around 120, if the tranny will take it.

My Cars
    M3
    very tempting, cant wait to see the rest of the install pics

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhaile
    umm in that last 5mb video if you look hard, it almost looks like the M creams a car in the first race lol

oh and nothing funnier then white guys (I'm assuming) saying "my n*gga" lolz
    edit: watched again, does the Lexus have a boost leak because it sounds like it
    I don't think it has a boost leak. I think the sound you hear is from the external wastegate being dumped to atmosphere and the turbo spooling. BUT then again I haven't worked on his car so I don't know. He says he was showing full boost on his boost gauge.

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by JuCo
    Awesome job.. What kinda boost/setup is the IS running?
    I'm pretty sure hes using a greddy turbo kit with a piggyback. I'll ask him again tomorrow to double check.

bimmerpwr, what kind of gearing does an IS300 have? I thought that had something to do with it. My friend in the IS mentioned that when he switched into 3rd gear the m3 had plenty left in 2nd gear...

My Cars
    skateboard
    Nice Kills. Someone said something about the is making alittle over 340rwhp, but what kind of tq. TT kit owns all
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    E46 330ci turbo, 05 ZHP,
    Looks like a successful install there. Congrats!! 3rd gear in the M3 looks to be the sweet spot

Now get to a dyno and let's see what this puppy makes.
    Nick Glantzis
    2005 330i ZHP auto with Technique Tuning turbo kit (currently For Sale)

My Cars
    Recovering Boost Junkie...
    Quote Originally Posted by binh
    I'm pretty sure hes using a greddy turbo kit with a piggyback. I'll ask him again tomorrow to double check.

bimmerpwr, what kind of gearing does an IS300 have? I thought that had something to do with it. My friend in the IS mentioned that when he switched into 3rd gear the m3 had plenty left in 2nd gear...
    Sorry, not to familair, mine was stock auto.
    Maybe M3 had taller diff (perhaps 2.93?). Otherwise, I can't imagine IS going into 3rd gear when M3 has plenty left in 2nd gear.

I honeslty think IS should have done better. Shoot, M3 was literally running (not walking) away from it. You don't see that kind of difference unless there is like 70-100 rwhp difference from my limited street encounters.
    2008 X5 4.8i
    2003 330xi -sold-
    2001 X5 4.4i -sold-
    2001 M5 -sold-
    2001 M Roadster (SCed, Highly modified) -sold-
    2000 M Roadster -sold-
    1995 325is -sold-

My Cars
    86' 325es/90' 325i; M3 Turbo & 00' Si = gone
    M3 whooping ass FTW!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast