Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cool new Mirror option

My Cars
    Z3M E36 Performance Parts

Cool new Mirror option

Check out this very cool new mirror option. Link is to the "other" forum, but I'd hate you to miss it. Also check my post at the bottom.

My Cars

My Cars
    07 RAMHEMi - H&B 630csi
    not to burst your bubble but this has been done and is a lot cheaper...

http://www.z3mirrors.com/

My Cars
    No problem. It may have been done cheaper, BUT not better. I personally like the very small mirror.

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe
    I might be interested at some pt. down the road. Or is this strictly a one-time thing?

Also, is the only place to get the lotus mirror from that British site? Are you sure they ship to the US?

My Cars
    00 MCoupe - 04 Lexus RX330 - 90 325i
    That's a matter of opinion I guess, and most here also care about value. What does the uber-tiny Lotus mirror cost?

My Cars
    Mcoupe 1999, Delsol 93
    i think the stock mirror is quite nice...no problem with it so far...not blocking or anything...

maybe because of my asian frame...=)

My Cars
    Sorry I made the offer guys. I thought I was doing the Z family a favor by having a few made and offering them at my cost. Custom machined items in small lots command a premium price I suppose. I'm 6'2" and can't see much @ the stock mirror. The uber mirror is @ $140 shipped to the states. It's all in what you want I suppose.

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe
    It cost me $115, and I got it in Bellevue Washington at the local Lotus dealer.
    http://www.parkplaceltd.com/
    I assume you could called and get one from them.

I find it funny that people spend $105 leather Z shift boot and nobody gives them crap (I even bought one). Yet we pay "to much" for a killer little mirror, and you think you have found a cheaper solution? Well fine, have your cheap mirror, and I'll have my $115 mirror. My mirror busted this summer in the heat as all auto dimming BMW mirrors will. I know a guy that replaced 3 so far. Eh, they are way more than the mirror I bought. So in my mind I was saving money.
    I wanted something cooler than the "garys mirror".
    Last edited by Coupe Dejour; 03-14-2006 at 10:49 PM.

My Cars
    '02 Z3 3.0i 5 speed
    Don't apologize. I'm sure there is a demand for what you're offering. I'd be interested myself, except I've already installed Gary's Mirror adapter and I'm afraid the mount wouldn't work with what you're offering.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshkrauss
    I might be interested at some pt. down the road. Or is this strictly a one-time thing?

Also, is the only place to get the lotus mirror from that British site? Are you sure they ship to the US?
    I ordered 10 units today...one for myself and 9 for others who might be interested. I'm pretty sure the shop would make more in the future since the CNC program will already be written and stored. I'm not sure if anyone else sells this mirror; I ordered mine from Hanger 111 today. The AD makes me think that this was an in-house project.

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by zimpwh
    I ordered 10 units today...one for myself and 9 for others who might be interested. I'm pretty sure the shop would make more in the future since the CNC program will already be written and stored. I'm not sure if anyone else sells this mirror; I ordered mine from Hanger 111 today. The AD makes me think that this was an in-house project.
    Thanks for the info. If I hadn't just gone hog-wild with mods I'd take you up on this now, but for now it'll have to wait. I never did gary's mirror adapter because I wanted to keep an oval mirror.

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe
    Here is a picture from this weekend when we finally got some sun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    Metal on wheels
    No problem. It may have been done cheaper, BUT not better. I personally like the very small mirror.
    If you ship to the 50th state, in the middle of the Pacific, I'll take one of those adapters. I had my OEM mirror replaced twice under warranty...that's 1 every 2 years! The OEM mirror runs close to $500 to replace out of pocket, and with my discount I would still have to pay $350!
    I could use a little more view out of my windshield.

My Cars
    02 M Roadster
    if anyone is keen to sell their s54 oem chrome rimmed mirror, i have cash to swap!
    Proud owner of #70 of 73 ever built RHD S54 M Roadster.

2000 Evergreen E36/8 M Coupe
    2001 Imola Red E39 M5
    2002 Phoenix Yellow E36/7 M Roadster
    2003 Dakar Yellow E46 M3 Cabriolet
    2005 Estoril Blue E53 X5 4.8is

"5 Down one to go!"

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by thrlls
    If you ship to the 50th state, in the middle of the Pacific, I'll take one of those adapters. I had my OEM mirror replaced twice under warranty...that's 1 every 2 years! The OEM mirror runs close to $500 to replace out of pocket, and with my discount I would still have to pay $350!
    I could use a little more view out of my windshield.
    I'll be happy to ship you one. Let me check on USPS Priority mail to the islands and I'll PM you later today.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupe Dejour
    Nice pic B-Rad. That's the forward look I want going into a hard right turn at speed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars

Thumbs up

Sorry I made the offer guys. I thought I was doing the Z family a favor by having a few made and offering them at my cost. Custom machined items in small lots command a premium price I suppose. I'm 6'2" and can't see much @ the stock mirror. The uber mirror is @ $140 shipped to the states. It's all in what you want I suppose.
    Why are you sorry? Kudos to you for to project, I think?

I find it funny that people spend $105 leather Z shift boot and nobody gives them crap (I even bought one). Yet we pay "to much" for a killer little mirror, and you think you have found a cheaper solution? Well fine, have your cheap mirror, and I'll have my $115 mirror. My mirror busted this summer in the heat as all auto dimming BMW mirrors will. I know a guy that replaced 3 so far. Eh, they are way more than the mirror I bought. So in my mind I was saving money.
    I’ll assume this is directed at me.

Who said this costs "to much"?

Nobody said it was a crap design. Nobody said it was too expensive. Why are you so inflamed?

I hope all of us welcome the addition of new parts for the community – the mainstream vendors certainly don’t [except for maybe LeatherZ], so we have to do it on our own.

You think Gary’s Mirror Adapter is cheap and uncool; duly noted – [I like being blunt too at times] but it won’t make me take mine off.

No need to get your boxers twisted. Its the value placed on the part by the individual[we are Coupe owners of course ]. I think the mirror is too small for the Coupe, no matter who makes the mirror or who makes the adapter, or how much it costs! Come on – me? I love cool shyte for the Coupes! They’re just opinions – its how you express them that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by cngizbleevng
    Don't apologize. I'm sure there is a demand for what you're offering.
    Seconded.

My Cars
    07 RAMHEMi - H&B 630csi
    It cost me $115, and I got it in Bellevue Washington at the local Lotus dealer.
    http://www.parkplaceltd.com/
    I assume you could called and get one from them.

garys adapter isnt cheap (quality) its cheap price, i mean have you seen it ? its cnc billet if im not mistaken. the only thing thats "cheap" about it is the GM mirrors which im sure there are nicer ones out there.

but if youll feel better about it, you got a cool mirror.

My Cars
    2011 E92 M3, 2007 335i
    I like the concept of raising the mirror and having a smaller one as the current version blocks my view but am concerned whether I'll loose remote entry. I mean what is that red lite thing on the backside of the mirror? Loss of viewing space is an easy compromise. By the way, isn't Gary's site down or unresponsive?
    Now in E92 M3 ZCP -- Absolute beast

My Cars
    07 RAMHEMi - H&B 630csi
    his site was down a year ago. but up now... and he responds to email

My Cars
    1999 M Coupe - gone
    I'm in. Please let me know where to send the payment for the adapter.

Thanks!

My Cars
    Dinan S2 Coupe, 996 GT3
    That is AWESOME! I personally like my stock mirro as I am not very tall but that is the best alternative that I have seen. Not to mention that it looks like it belongs. The Gary mirror looks like it belongs in an old Buick!
    '02 Steel Grey/Black M Coupe

Mods....
    Engine/Drivetrain: Dinan Exhaust, Throttle Boddies, MAF, CIA, Stage 4M Software, Sport Mode, 3.73 LSD
    Suspension: Dinan Swaybars, Springs, Shocks, Strut Brace, IE Subframe Bushings
    Interior: E46 Aluminum Pedals/Dead Pedal, Leather Z Chrome Bits, Leather Z Extended Leather Package Bits, Defrost Relocated, Footwell Lights, Lighted Sunroof Switch
    Exterior: AC Schnitzer Flippers, Wing, Z8 Nozzles, Clear Markers, Shinny New Roadstars(I love those wheels)
    Misc: Toyo T1Rs 235/255, UUC Clutch Line, Carbon Fiber Engine Cover, V1 Hardwire
    Coming Very Soon: SS Brake Lines, Ate Super Blue, Euro Floating Rotors, Axxis Ultimates, IE Tranny Mount Bushings, SuperSprint headers/Cat Delete
    Coming Not So Soon: 6 Speed Conversion, Trip to Randy

My Cars
    Well the mirroris a GM product.

My Cars
    '99 Z3M Coupe -Arctic Silver
    i would like one... please let me know where to send payment/paypal to. thanks.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast