Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Falken 452

Falken 452

Check out the new Falken 452s at fk452.com. Click on "technical" in the header for 7 pages of specs.

Tire Rack doesn't sell them. Discount will have them in June.
    Frank
    540/6

Race/Street Rubber Z1 Star, 275/35-18 Front & Rear, Eibach Sways Front & Rear, Cut and Formed OEM Sport Springs, Bilstein Sports, Go-Go-Ware, ATE disks w/SS lines & HPS pads, UUC SS, CDV, White/Tan, Bling free and Stealthy.

Go to www.FK452.com

Click on technical then go to bottom of page and click thru 7-8 pages of specs. Best site I've seen.
    Frank
    540/6

Race/Street Rubber Z1 Star, 275/35-18 Front & Rear, Eibach Sways Front & Rear, Cut and Formed OEM Sport Springs, Bilstein Sports, Go-Go-Ware, ATE disks w/SS lines & HPS pads, UUC SS, CDV, White/Tan, Bling free and Stealthy.

My Cars
    '93 325is / '97 M3
    The only thing with that site is that it gives relatively little information about the actual specs.
    Ex: What is the treadwear rating?

I've had someone offer these to me for a good price, but i'm hesitant pending more info.

*bump for info*

Just yesterday Falken emailed me that Discount has all the info to quote and that they should be on their site soon. Beyond that I can't control what either of them do. The wear rating will be similiar to the 451s.

I can provide the email address of a distributor that can quote them and will ship them where ever you want if you are interested.
    Frank
    540/6

My Cars
    Married, no cool car for me...
    man, cool site...but I guess we shall see about the tire.
    I hear alot of negatives about the 451's.

My Cars
    '05 Jet M3

Thumbs up

I've been running the 452's for 2 weeks now and so far I LOVE 'em. They replaced my S03's and so far I can't see any reason to ever go back to those. These 452's have a ton of grip, are completely predictable, and I haven't even been able to make 'em squeal yet, and I'm not exactly easy on tires! They've equaled my best times on my usual exit ramp test-bed areas, and we still haven't had any warm weather here in New England where they should be able to REALLY grip!

Besides the S03's, I've also run Kumho MX's, and several Pilot Sport series' and even without the cost factor, I think these tires are the best street tire I've had. I'm sure my MX's are better in an auto-x situation, but as far as the street goes, expecially when you factor in the cost of these tires, I don't think there's anything even close out there!

I give these tires a solid
    ///Max

Quote Originally Posted by Wasuremon0
    The only thing with that site is that it gives relatively little information about the actual specs.
    Ex: What is the treadwear rating?

I've had someone offer these to me for a good price, but i'm hesitant pending more info.

*bump for info*
    The site www.fk452.com shows that the wear rating is better than the 451 although it doesn't actually spec it. Go to Discount Tire and look up the 451 info and add apprx 10% to the wear rating. That I think would be a conservative rating. It probably is higher.
    Frank
    540/6

Thanks Max

You are probably the first in the country to run these tires. Thanks for the review. I'll be ordering mine today.
    Frank
    540/6

Like What?

Quote Originally Posted by Unicron
    man, cool site...but I guess we shall see about the tire.
    I hear alot of negatives about the 451's.
    Like what negatives....?
    Frank
    540/6

Falken 452 Rating is 300, AA, A

You can buy these tires at Tiresavings.com. Very good prices too.
    My 275/35-18s are listed at $174.00
    Frank
    540/6

My Cars
    '93 325is / '97 M3
    I might be picking these up within the next week or so.
    Here's the info I got from the nice ppl I might buy from:

In size 245/40R17 we sell it for $116 per tire, plus sales tax.
    And 235/40R17 for $111 per tire, plus sales tax.
    But we are having a promotion through the end of next week where if you pay cash for your tires, we pay your sales tax. And you can pick them up from us in Carlsbad or Dan can meet you somewhere along his route in OC or LA during the week so you won't have to pay shipping & handling.

So for a staggered set = $454 +$0 tax +$0 s&h
    Sounds like a deal, eh?

Anyone heard of them?
    http://www.tireswholesaletothepublic.com

My Cars
    550i
    I have the 452s available... very good tire.
    Let me know what sizes and how many pieces you need and i will give u a price quote.

07' 550i Sport,Premium and Cold Weather Packages,NAV,PDC,HUD,Night Vision Camera,Logic 7,HD Radio and More...

Quote Originally Posted by NY540i
    I have the 452s available... very good tire.
    Let me know what sizes and how many pieces you need and i will give u a price quote.
    Are you a tire distributor or some auto supplier? If so please ID yourself.
    Frank
    540/6

My Cars
    550i
    Quote Originally Posted by franka
    Are you a tire distributor or some auto supplier? If so please ID yourself.
    Wheel and tire distributor...

07' 550i Sport,Premium and Cold Weather Packages,NAV,PDC,HUD,Night Vision Camera,Logic 7,HD Radio and More...

Cool

Cool but no ID? Distributor company name, phone #, internet page, etc?
    Frank
    540/6

My Cars
    95' Dakar M3
    Edge Racing has these tires as well. I mostly street my car and have been stuck for weeks between the BFG KDW2 and Fuzion ZRi so I'll break the tie and get a set of the FK 452s. Will post first impressions in a few weeks.

My Cars
    550i
    Quote Originally Posted by franka
    Cool but no ID? Distributor company name, phone #, internet page, etc?
    www.rennenauto.com

The website is in the process of being updated...

Quote Originally Posted by TyphoidRummage
    Edge Racing has these tires as well. I mostly street my car and have been stuck for weeks between the BFG KDW2 and Fuzion ZRi so I'll break the tie and get a set of the FK 452s. Will post first impressions in a few weeks.
    I bought a pair of them last week in size 275/35-18s. I expect them to arrive at my favorite shop this week and I'll get them mounted this week too. If they are good I'll get another pair in 3 or 4 weeks making it a full set. I too will report on them.
    Frank
    540/6

My Cars
    BLK E39 540/6 95 AVUS M3
    any updates or new reviews for these tires.
    cant decide between these or the st-115

Chad Andreo Photography
    Engine: CAI, Catless and Dinan Exhaust
    Exterior: Slammed on FK Coilovers, 6K HIDS and 6K CCFL's, M5 Front Bumper, M5 Side Mirrors
    Interior: Sound System, ZHP Knob

My Cars
    95' Dakar M3
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmeracer3
    any updates or new reviews for these tires.
    cant decide between these or the st-115

Check the top of the Wheel/Tire forum, I just posted some first impressions.

My Cars
    '05 Jet M3
    Update: Well, now been running them for some time noew, and still think they are great. However, with all the torrential rain we've been having in New England, I have to say that in the rain these tires are GREAT! These are the best rain tires I've ever run hands down!

With money no object, I can't think of any other tire I'd get over these for combined dry/wet driving. And NO I'm not a Falken dealer and I pay for my own tires!
    ///Max

My Cars
    97 m3/4, 06 X3
    I am getting the 452's in a couple days (soon as I get my secondary air pump replaced). 630 out the door with full replacement road hazard from discounttire.com.

1997 cosmos m3/4.....TEIN Basic Coilovers | Stromung exhaust
    M3 Sedan club member # 129

Discount was a couple months behind some dealers in getting this tire on their site.

I got a pair of 275/35-18s for $ 174.00 each from tiresavings.com which beat Discount's price and availablity by a nice margin.
    Frank
    540/6

My Cars
    325izzle
    I am getting these next week and will have them on a track on august 13.

Will curse or praise them shortly thereafter! hah
    All i know is i loved my old ST115's and if these are meant to be better than 451's that were better that 115's.. theyd better be totally awesome.

My Cars
    97 m3/4, 06 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnz
    I am getting these next week and will have them on a track on august 13.

Will curse or praise them shortly thereafter! hah
    All i know is i loved my old ST115's and if these are meant to be better than 451's that were better that 115's.. theyd better be totally awesome.
    I have had mine for a couple of months, and I love them. I havent been to the track with them though.

1997 cosmos m3/4.....TEIN Basic Coilovers | Stromung exhaust
    M3 Sedan club member # 129

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast