Thread: Online EBA system

My Cars
    2000 740i Sport

Online EBA system

I just got my Einbauanleitung CD in the mail last night (EBA). It's a guide for retrofitting various options for bimmers. I also have a 7 disc set with a bunch of other stuff coming. I'm toying with the idea of running a terminal server to give people access to the BMW suite. It wouldn't be quite as handy as having it on your own system, but for a quick question/lookup it could be cool. I will put all the disc images on my FTP server once I get them.

Anyway.. for right now it's a two session max (TS in admin mode) but you all are welcome to check it out. If you have XP, you already have the client (click Start, Run, type mstsc and hit OK to open the client). If not, you can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

The server address is client.bmwe38.org and the username is bmw, no password. The "log on to" field should be NTS. It's an old crappy box, so it's kinda slow when you change models. If the EBA isn't open when you log in, it'll be under Start, Programs.

My Cars
    2000 740i Sport
    Oh by the way, I noticed the EBA is just a frontend to point the user to the appropriate PDF file on the CD. I cracked the password for the database, now I just have to figure out what the German named fields and tables mean so I can write a web app to use the EBA database to serve the PDFs on the net, that'd be quite nicer.

My Cars
    Yeah, I can drive them.
    Very interesting. THANKS! May take me a while to go through it though.

My Cars
    2000 740i Sport
    I've made good progress today in figuring out the EBA database. Learned some German, hehe.. so actually the system I mentioned above is already outdated I'm still in the process of setting up the content on the web server, but the URL will be http://eba.bmwe38.org.

My Cars
    745i
    The server address is client.bmwe38.org and the username is bmw, no password. The "log on to" field should be NTS. It's an old crappy box, so it's kinda slow when you change models. If the EBA isn't open when you log in, it'll be under Start, Programs.[/quote]

Thanks - works a treat (and from a Linux box). It isn't possible to transfer docs off - could you possibly email me a copy of EBA 0300852 (6397EN.pdf) to dominic dot forrest at ntlworld dot com

Many many thanks for setting this up - where did you get the CD?

Dom

My Cars
    2005 X3 3.0i
    Wow, this is cool to simply look at all the options! I could spend about $10K at my mechanic putting in all kinds of cool things...DVD in the ceiling, mud flaps (easy), and of course the umbrella holder!

Thanks for setting this up -- it's an awesome resource.

-pd.

My Cars
    2000 740i Sport
    No prob. I just got more software in the mail I'll be installing tonight. I may have to upgrade that box, it's kinda old and slow to be supporting all this heh.

This is what I just got in:

Commercial Service Data
    Wiring Diagram System 5.0 (03/05)
    TIS 3.4.1 (01/05)
    ETK 1.1 (06/05)
    Electrical Troubleshooting Manual (06/98)

When I ordered they asked if I wanted the WDS for newer bimmers or the ETM for olders. I paid the extra $10 to get both. WDS I think is what E38s will want, the ETM CDs say they are for: E30 E31 E36 E23 E24 E28 E32 E34

I'll update the terminal server tonight. The EBA web access is on, but there must be a problem with my SQL because it's not returning all the documents it should be when you search. I'll work on that tonight or tomorrow.

My Cars
    '06 750Li
    Any chance of you still having this info availible anywhere?

Scott

My Cars
    2001 330i Sport
    Wow, old post, but still interesting. Did you ever get anywhere on this Strahan?

My Cars
    2x01 750, 01 740
    Quote Originally Posted by fermunky View Post
    Wow, old post, but still interesting. Did you ever get anywhere on this Strahan?
    I have TIS and WDS on my FTP, anyone can PM me for info.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    2000 740i Sport
    Hehe, lemme blow the dust off my post for you

Honestly, I have no clue whatever happened with this. I still have the disc floating around.. As I recall the data were web based so it seemed migrating to a web server would be a cinch. I also remember writing a script that had to update a ton of files.. alas, those files are long gone but it's probably re-doable. I'll write that on my 'geek stuff to do' whiteboard and get back to you guys in a few days

That reminds me, I also need to finish www.bmwe38.org hehe.. I started importing data from e38.org and got a decent amount in, but sorta forgot about the project

My Cars
    BMW M760iL
    just try here https://bmweba.com - BMW EBA Online Installation Instructions.

My Cars
    E30 E38 E46 E85 F150 GTI
    Hey that's pretty cool!
    2000 740i Sport | 2004 330xi | 1988 325i Vert | 2003 Z4 2.5 | 1995 Ford F150 | 2018 GTI

My Cars
    BMW M760iL
    many thx... the site contine update... there is still much work to be done.