Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Technique Tuning Stage 3 (514rwhp/500rwtq)

My Cars
    99 M coupe

Technique Tuning Stage 3 (514rwhp/500rwtq)

First of all, I’d like to thank Nick from Technique Tuning and Mike from Hellenic Foreign Car Repair for all their hard work on my car.

Hellenic is Technique Tuning’s partner for their in-house builds and performed all the hardware installation on my car. Mike treated my car like it was his own and if you need to get a TT kit installed in southern florida I highly recommend him.

As most of you already know, I brought my M-Coupe to Technique Tuning about a year ago so that it could be used to develop the Stage 2 software.

Originally, I had wanted a stage 2 kit with a GT35R upgrade. However I couldn’t leave well enough alone and the car evolved into a Stage 3 build.

Technique Tuning Stage 1: 8psi
    Technique Tuning Stage 2: 13psi
    Technique Tuning Stage 3: up to 20psi

The highlights of the build include:
    CP Forged Pistons (8.5:1 CR)
    Arrow Connecting Rods
    M50 intake manifold
    Garrett GT35R (T04E 0.60 A/R Compressor Housing / 0.82 A/R Turbine Housing)
    Plus other assorted goodies…

I also want to thank George from ICS for doing some dyno runs for me once I got the car back home

The result: 514rwhp/500rwtq on 93 pump gas

We tried our best to get a stable boost curve, but the EBC wasn’t cooperating with us . As you can see we have 18psi by 3500 and as you make your way up through the rev range it settles between a low of 17.7 up through 19.7 psi on then back down through the 18’s after 6500rpm on its way to redline. I’d like to dial in a solid 20psi run all the way across the board to see what the curves would look like!

As you can see, the car just keep making power all the way up. However, what is really remarkable about this car is the combination of power and driveability. You can drive this car like your grandma and never know it’s turbocharged. You can pick any gear you want and it will pull from low revs without a hiccup. You can also run through the gears and it'll pull like a freight train

There have already been a few folks on the board who've gotten a ride and i'm sure will chime in on their impressions....

keep in mind the graph shows boost pressure and NOT AFR...

My Cars
    2011 Honda Fit Sport
    congrats.. what is it that NICKG uses to tune though.. are you using standalone EMS or does he tune the stock DME?
    Nikon D800e | Nikon D700 | MB-D10 | SB900 | SB800 | SB600 | LumPro160 | Nikon 85 1.4G | Sigma 50 1.4 | Sigma 35 1.4

My Cars
    2011 1M
    Rukman -

Holy sh*t and CONGRATULATIONS!

Be great if we could get together this spring for a track event.

Neil
    MDORPHN - 2011 Alpine White 1 Series M Coupe w/stuff

My Cars
    A Junky One
    holy snot, I wud like to get a ride if your ever in nyc!

btw, how much you think this Stage 3 is going to cost???

My Cars
    2007 335i
    You Sir, are the envy of many. My hat is off to you.

My Cars
    99 M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmoE36
    congrats.. what is it that NICKG uses to tune though.. are you using standalone EMS or does he tune the stock DME?
    stock DME baby!!!

i think i might have taken the crown for the highest obd-2 car?

My Cars
    99 M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    Rukman -

Holy sh*t and CONGRATULATIONS!

Be great if we could get together this spring for a track event.

Neil
    Thanks Neil!

i have some tips for you for Racelogic...thing works fantastic since i dialed it in...

My Cars
    Honda
    congrats on the power level...

My Cars
    A Junky One
    you think hes gunna produce this for OBDI?

and how much, you lit the fire in me pants!

My Cars
    97 TT Stage2 M3, 01 Denali
    Wow....just WOW!!! Congrats on the Stage 3 build. Maybe I'll see it in the far future.
    -97 Cosmo Black M3/4 with Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo + some other goodies ( She's gone!!! )
    -01 Onyx Black Yukon Denali with 22" bling blings

My Cars
    a
    Congrats, awesome numbers!

My Cars
    99 M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Black96m3
    holy snot, I wud like to get a ride if your ever in nyc!

btw, how much you think this Stage 3 is going to cost???
    as the old saying goes...if you have to ask...

seriously, even though i have a stage 3, my personal recommendation is to go stage 2 . A slight increase in price over Stage 1 for the headgasket and associated parts and offers a great price/hp ratio.

Stage 3 with the built motor and other related parts increases the costs significantly. Plus this level of power is obscene and crazy. I'll usually drive it around at 15psi setting and reserve high boost for scaring my passengers

My Cars
    A Junky One
    I hear ya man... however your 500+hp dyno is making my eyes bulge!

Quote Originally Posted by rukman
    as the old saying goes...if you have to ask...

seriously, even though i have a stage 3, my personal recommendation is to go stage 2 . A slight increase in price over Stage 1 for the headgasket and associated parts and offers a great price/hp ratio.

Stage 3 with the built motor and other related parts increases the costs significantly. Plus this level of power is obscene and crazy. I'll usually drive it around at 15psi setting and reserve high boost for scaring my passengers

My Cars
    99 M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Black96m3
    you think hes gunna produce this for OBDI?

and how much, you lit the fire in me pants!
    Nick is the person who can tell you for sure, but i figure he will do an obd-1 version at some point. Stage 3 builds are currently an in house only item and cost depends on the level of customization you want. Nick doesn't prepackage a stage 3, but works with you on part selection to build exactly what you want. Plus i'm too scared to add everthing up

My Cars
    Acura for now :(
    Congrats! NickG does it again..
    Porsche Technician

1996 328is - |AFE intake|S52 cams|M50 manifold|Custom trackpipe|AA Tuned DME|Stromung catback|Fan delete|ASC delete|3.23 LSD|MZ3 Shifter|Sparco Front Strut Bar|Powerflex FCAB, RTAB, and subframe bushings|RE clutch stop|RE Transmission mounts|LTW5 17x9 wheels|245/40 tires|Bilstein BTS kit|HID Depo's| -*SOLD*

1995 Turbo M3 - 405/395 at the wheels - *SOLD*

My Cars
    FX 35
    Will you please make a nice video with your car? There are so many nice F/I'ed BMWs here and no good videos.

Spectacular numbers!!!!
    ~Matt

My Cars
    97 M3 99 Z3M
    Awesome news, glad the car is running well!
    1997 M3
    1999 Z3 M Coupe - Turbocharged

My Cars
    '09 LS3 C6, '08 Trailblazer SS
    Quote Originally Posted by rukman
    We tried our best to get a stable boost curve, but the EBC wasn’t cooperating with us . As you can see we have 18psi by 3500 and as you make your way up through the rev range it settles between a low of 17.7 up through 19.7 psi on then back down through the 18’s after 6500rpm on its way to redline. I’d like to dial in a solid 20psi run all the way across the board to see what the curves would look like!
    This may not be entirely the fault of the EBC. The inertial dyno actually loses loading as speeds increase. Actual vehicle loads on the street will increase exponentially with speed due to wind drag. Since it takes load to build boost, changes (drops) in vehicle load can make it hard to hold boost on an inertial dynamometer. I would check to see what the boost does on the street. My suspicion is that it will tend to hold more steady with a consistent loading on the vehicle.
    ~Greg
    My "small" engine is now 6.0L
    '08 Trailblazer SS, '09 C6 Z51 (now with 600rwhp)
    Calibrated SuccessEFI Tuning Classes and Consulting
    Engine Management: Advanced Tuning

My Cars
    E36, E46
    Congrats Rukman. If you had left it here any longer I think Nick would own it under common law marriage or something! lol

I almost feel guilty for getting to go in it before the owner did, but I can vouch it is FAST and very smooth. Around town you'd never know it wasn't stock if no one told you guys what was under the hood. Nick truly understands the importance of having a well balanced package and really goes the extra mile to ensure it's done the right way...unlike some other companies out there

Always think twice when flooring that thing man. Enjoy it and I wish you many safe miles with it
    '99 Estoril Blue + Dove Grey ///M3 coupe
    '04 Jet Black + Cinnamon ///
    M3 coupe

My Cars
    E46 330ci turbo, 05 ZHP,
    Standalone EMS? HA!!!

We don't need no stinkin' standalone........factory ECU baby!!!

Nick Glantzis
    2005 330i ZHP auto with Technique Tuning turbo kit (currently For Sale)

My Cars
    2011 Honda Fit Sport
    i tried PMing and EMALING NICKG and Technique Tuning inquirinug how muc to tune and i got ignored..

not sure why when their website says email for Tuning posiblities i hope i dont have to buy a whole kit just to get tuned by him.. that would suck
    Nikon D800e | Nikon D700 | MB-D10 | SB900 | SB800 | SB600 | LumPro160 | Nikon 85 1.4G | Sigma 50 1.4 | Sigma 35 1.4

My Cars
    E46 330ci turbo, 05 ZHP,
    i tried PMing and EMALING NICKG and Technique Tuning inquirinug how muc to tune and i got ignored..

not sure why when their website says email for Tuning posiblities i hope i dont have to buy a whole kit just to get tuned by him.. that would suck
    Sorry about that......sometimes messages fall through the cracks. Custom tuning is done only with the car in person. If you have any other questions please contact us directly.
    Nick Glantzis

My Cars
    2011 Honda Fit Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by NickG
    Sorry about that......sometimes messages fall through the cracks. Custom tuning is done only with the car in person. If you have any other questions please contact us directly.

i understand. how would you suggest contacting you. via email through your website? or PMs?

My Cars
    05 Yukon Denali,01 MB s430,99 Tacoma,95 M3 Turbo
    Very nice useable power power curve. 2 questions.....what size injectors are used....and what was the avg A/F ratio under boost?
    1995 M3 Custom Turbo, Turbonetics T66 BB,72lb injectors, Sias Tuning PnP Tec 3, IBM T30,PLX M250 wideband O2 sensor,Blitz SBC-iD Built low CR 8.5:1 motor CP Pistons,ARP head & main studs,Metric Mechanic HP Valve springs,walbro 255hp,BMP FPR,Modified fuel rail # 6 SS feed line,3in ss custom magnaflow exhaust,Lower level turbo intake,AA six puck disc, Spec Stage IV PP ,AA differential bracket,AA strut tower brace,UUC UD Pullies,UUC short shifter,UUC tranny mounts,UUC clutch stop,Fluidyne HP radiator.M3 LTW wheels Est..1001 rwhp!

Http://members.cardomain.com/bassmasterM3
    (DIY custom turbo)

My Cars
    E46 330ci turbo, 05 ZHP,
    i understand. how would you suggest contacting you. via email through your website? or PMs?
    Try the telephone during normal business hours

(and let's keep this thread on topic so the mods don't have to come in and clean-up)
    Nick Glantzis

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast