Thread: impatient with umnitza co.

My Cars
    BMW E39 M5

impatient with umnitza co.

i just want to see if there is anyone else here who has had a problem with umnitza on shipment? i know they are our vendors and are members here, so maybe if i post it up here i figured they might actually listen and help.

well here is my dilemma, my girlfriend bought me velocity splitters for my birthday (i know, she's awesome). she ordered them a week before so that they would arrive exactly on my birthday, nov 30. they did not show up at her house, so she got worried and called, no answer, emailed, no response. i took the opportunity to email them back and tell them the situation, they keep responding "we will look into it further." i have the reciept they emailed her and also the shipment tracking number, which does not work. she ordered it directly from the company, her bank statement says umnitza already withdrew the money. but three weeks later, i still dont have my splitters. any UMNITZA employees here that are reading this, i would greatly appreciate it if this situation was resolved or brought to your attention. i've only heard good things about umnitza and want to keep my positive thought about them but this is not helping the situation. just want to vent and hope somone from umnitza can help.

01 BMW ///M5 DINAN

My Cars
    1995 318ti Clubsport
    I just ordered from them.
    and everything is shipped quit nicly.
    some times the glass if half empty, some times its half full.

My Cars
    BMW E39 M5
    yeah the ironic thing is i ordered depo headlights from them too, the week of my birthday and arrived promptly on time the following week. i dont know whats the matter with the velocity splitters situation. dont get me wrong i still think that umnitza is an awesome company and would highly recommend them, but im just skeptical with this one particular transaction dealing with the splitters.

01 BMW ///M5 DINAN

My Cars
    2015 435i M Sport
    That's odd, sounds like it got lost in shipment. Heck it's holiday time now. If they actually sent you a tracking number already and it's dead, it's lost.

Matt only just sent me an email this last week as I ordered up some headlight covers...he joked asking why I just didn't stop by the office to pick them up, and save the $7 shipping. I'm a busy guy I guess. :P

I assume you called their office and asked them to send out another set?
    They'll most likely take your tracking info and file a claim against the shipper. Considering it's been 3 weeks. It's definitely lost.
    BMW CCA Member 186373 - Golden Gate Chapter
    Former (e)Bombe Magazine Editor, "The Toy Box" product review writer | Current member of Team Jesus

Gone: 1995 E36 M3 Arctik Silber, 1996 E36 M3 Cosmos, 1991 E30 318is Cosmos

My Cars
    91 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxoM3
    That's odd, sounds like it got lost in shipment. Heck it's holiday time now. If they actually sent you a tracking number already and it's dead, it's lost.

Matt only just sent me an email this last week as I ordered up some headlight covers...he joked asking why I just didn't stop by the office to pick them up, and save the $7 shipping. I'm a busy guy I guess. :P

I assume you called their office and asked them to send out another set?
    They'll most likely take your tracking info and file a claim against the shipper. Considering it's been 3 weeks. It's definitely lost.
    UPS and FedEx tracking numbers stay available for review for months. This sounds more like he sent the package information to the shipping company, but never actually gave them the package. You can still obtain a tracking number this way, but the package has never been scanned into the system.

Perhaps they're having a supply issue with the splitters? I'm sure it will get resolved.

My Cars
    95 M3, 05 F-150 STX
    I'm dealing with the EXACT same problem with Matt right now.

I ordered splitters on 11/28 - 2 day shipping and I still haven't received them. If I posted the e-mails that Matt replies with your heads would explode. He will not take responsibility at all; all he keeps saying is that they have shipped.

Big help. I'm close to a charge back on my Visa.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    By all means, please post them.

It's rediculous how any bad PR to the company gets stiffled just because hes a paying vendor.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MZG
    I'm dealing with the EXACT same problem with Matt right now.

I ordered splitters on 11/28 - 2 day shipping and I still haven't received them. If I posted the e-mails that Matt replies with your heads would explode. He will not take responsibility at all; all he keeps saying is that they have shipped.

Big help. I'm close to a charge back on my Visa.
    As was promised to you, your package was shipped 2 Day Air via USPS to you:

On Nov. 30th. 2 Days after order. Technically a 24 hour delay because of the lateness of your original order.

For some reason, as has been mentioned many a time these last two weeks, the post office is very very slow, how do we know?

Label/Receipt Number: 0103 8555 7495 9306 5971
    Detailed Results:

Bullet Enroute, December 11, 2005, 1:20 am, FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003
    Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received *, November 30, 2005

It doesn't take 2 weeks for a 2 Day shipment to make it out. But somehow, with USPS it did

Why did we choose USPS? Well, this was a drop ship arrangement. Since we are largely responsible for most of the Velocity Splitter sales, we happily stock this item, however, in this case, there was a mutually agreed upon drop ship arrangement with the manufacturer...in the interest of speed to your door.

As to the original poster, we returned all your emails, and calls. Your SO called on Sunday, our normal hours are M-Sa 10-6pm (4pm on Sa), we are sometimes available on weekend after hours, but this holiday season is particularly busy.

The BEST way is to call us during normal business hours and if you get a busy signal, to email us. We can't figure out who you are by your login always, so please give us a call.

My Cars
    E36 M3, E46 328i
    Guys, I just want to let you know that we are drop shipping the V2 Splitters. Everything has shipped on time except the last batch which were delayed by 2 days. I will check the tracking numbers Matt forwarded to me. They could be stuck at the PO or just lost in which case we will figure out a way to replace them for you!

*edit* the other problem is that this is a busy shipping time of the year. Everything has gone out 2-3 day priority mail but could be delayed by usps because of the volume of packages being shipped right now.
    - Roman

My Cars
    95 M3, 05 F-150 STX
    Quote Originally Posted by umnitza
    As was promised to you, your package was shipped 2 Day Air via USPS to you:

On Nov. 30th. 2 Days after order. Technically a 24 hour delay because of the lateness of your original order.

For some reason, as has been mentioned many a time these last two weeks, the post office is very very slow, how do we know?

Label/Receipt Number: 0103 8555 7495 9306 5971
    Detailed Results:

Bullet Enroute, December 11, 2005, 1:20 am, FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003
    Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received *, November 30, 2005

It doesn't take 2 weeks for a 2 Day shipment to make it out. But somehow, with USPS it did

Why did we choose USPS? Well, this was a drop ship arrangement. Since we are largely responsible for most of the Velocity Splitter sales, we happily stock this item, however, in this case, there was a mutually agreed upon drop ship arrangement with the manufacturer...in the interest of speed to your door.

As to the original poster, we returned all your emails, and calls. Your SO called on Sunday, our normal hours are M-Sa 10-6pm (4pm on Sa), we are sometimes available on weekend after hours, but this holiday season is particularly busy.

The BEST way is to call us during normal business hours and if you get a busy signal, to email us. We can't figure out who you are by your login always, so please give us a call.
    Matt- thank you for your response, I appreciate it.

I can understand that it takes a few extra days to get stuff around the holidays - I am not an unreasonable person. However, I don't understand how 2-3 days turns into 13 days. I'm not saying that it is your fault, but somewhere along the line there is a problem- either with your supplier or with USPS. Either way, it seems like if you want to offer a high level of service then you need to look into this problem and fix it.

If you know that packages are running 3 times longer to ship, then I think your customers would appreciate a notice on your web site.

I received the package last night, thank you.

My Cars
    1995 318ti Clubsport
    Crazy! fedex is just as bad I checked shipping, and its taken them nearly 5 days to move 2pounds 29.6 miles!

*edit*
    next time I'm just driving down their. yesh.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Sorry, Z, you're right. But we were only informed of this after we started complaining to them that our packages simply weren't arriving.

My Cars
    95 M3, 05 F-150 STX
    Quote Originally Posted by umnitza
    Sorry, Z, you're right. But we were only informed of this after we started complaining to them that our packages simply weren't arriving.
    thanks for the PM and response Matt. I'm not here to bash you, I have the splitters now and they look very nice.

Thanks for following up with me.

My Cars
    E46, S2000
    I'm still having trouble grasping how sending a "two day" delivery out two days after it was ordered works out as being okay by business standards.

Forum Rules___Info for New Members___Teen Driving School in So Cal
    "It's the internet by my rules."--Kevlar

My Cars
    --97 SC'd ///M3--04 ///M3 VERT--07 ESCALADE--
    the problem was solved to everyone's satisfaction, give it a rest and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBeam
    I'm still having trouble grasping how sending a "two day" delivery out two days after it was ordered works out as being okay by business standards.

-zkw- -hella- -bosch- -depo- -prolumen- -kwd- -bbs- -predator chromium- -predator ice- -simota- -ecis-

//-install guides-//-total lighting group buy-//-zkw group buy-// -exhaust group buy-//-ellipsoids+hid group buy-//-led tails group buy-//

My Cars
    2013 Lexus CT200H
    WHOOoOOOOooOoooOoO!!!!!!
    GOTDINAN?
    94 325IS *RIP 10-3-05*

My Cars
    1994 318i
    That's nothing.
    I ordered Depos on Oct 26, received 2 right side headlights on Nov 8. Then a pickup of one of the headlights was scheduled without consulting me (I had to have my father wait at my house while I was at work to meet fedex). I'm still waiting to receive my left side headlight. I know umnitza has a good reputation on these boards, but my experience has been different.

My Cars
    2013 M3, 1993 325is
    I ordered depos from them and got them in 2 days.

I ordered xenons from them and got them in 3 days (USPS's fault that it wasn't 2.)

umnitza has always been a pleasure to deal with for me...
    Dan