Thread: M20 Turbo 2002 lives!!

My Cars
    BMW 2002-M20 Turbo

M20 Turbo 2002 lives!!

Well the car finally roared to life Saturday night and is getting better each day I tinker with it. I think I have about all the mechanical stuff done and gonna try to tune it tomorrow. As for the specs...

T04e 57mm Turbo, .60 Compressor/.68 hotside
    Forge Motorsports Intercooler
    JGS Precision Wastegate
    Custom Xtreme Boost Tubular Manifold
    3" Exhaust
    Blitz BOV
    Megasquirt Fuel system
    42lb Ford Lightning Injectors
    Walbro 255l/hr Fuel Pump
    Metric Blue Head Bolts

Thats all the major stuff but man I can tell this thing is going to be a rocketship!!!

Curtis

My Cars
    Sounds really interesting. Was it a fun project? I want to turbo a '76 m10 2002 but I reall dont know how to do it/what I'll need.

My Cars
    E34 535i TCD S3 Turbo, e46 m3
    pics of the manifold! common dude!

TCD S3 Completed! 400 rwhp/455 tq. Tuned by Larry Strouth @ HP Works.
    www.Turbochargingdynamics.com
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...929post7215929 <-------Parts for sale

My Cars
    79 325 turbo
    great job dude,keep up the good work,,
    and post some pics if u can,,,,,,,,,,,

turbo bmw's rock

My Cars
    BMW 2002-M20 Turbo
    Pics should work in this link, I think my bandwidth was exceeded, I don't know why they weren't showing.

http://public.fotki.com/M20Curtis/2002_stuff/

Also, that super widebody car is for sale, make me an offer! It needs to go!

My Cars
    1979 323i BMW. 2003 GTI 20 V Turbo

Great

Quote Originally Posted by M20Curtis
    Well the car finally roared to life Saturday night and is getting better each day I tinker with it. I think I have about all the mechanical stuff done and gonna try to tune it tomorrow. As for the specs...

T04e 57mm Turbo, .60 Compressor/.68 hotside
    Forge Motorsports Intercooler
    JGS Precision Wastegate
    Custom Xtreme Boost Tubular Manifold
    3" Exhaust
    Blitz BOV
    Megasquirt Fuel system
    42lb Ford Lightning Injectors
    Walbro 255l/hr Fuel Pump
    Metric Blue Head Bolts

Thats all the major stuff but man I can tell this thing is going to be a rocketship!!!

Curtis

I have been following this car, as I really like the color and the styling.

Questions: did you lower the compression ratio?

Which engine management software are your running (which version of megasquirt? ,and
    what manifold? I have never heard of the one you have, but I like the proturbo egual manifold.
    Is this an equal length manifold.

Also how much did all this cost?

I have a 1979 323i bmw (ibscrott red/orange) with a 1990 325i 2.8 stroker and 524td crank, and I am convinced that stroking and turboing the m20 is the key to huge performance. I am going to build my 323i along similar lines.

Your car should fly. Props bro.
    "..Horsepower is a measure of work done over time, or the rate at which work is done."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/579694/1

My Cars
    BMW 2002-M20 Turbo
    I have the stock compression ratio of 8.8:1 but with Metric Blue headbolts. I have the Megasquirt all in and I think i run a beta version of MS 2.25. The manifold is a one-off and pretty close to equal length but not really tested. We're going to try build some more when things slow down in the shop and I'll get pics. I'll keep you updated on HP numbers, but 7lbs is pretty brutal so far!!!

My Cars
    1979 323i BMW. 2003 GTI 20 V Turbo

Yeah cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by M20Curtis
    I have the stock compression ratio of 8.8:1 but with Metric Blue headbolts. I have the Megasquirt all in and I think i run a beta version of MS 2.25. The manifold is a one-off and pretty close to equal length but not really tested. We're going to try build some more when things slow down in the shop and I'll get pics. I'll keep you updated on HP numbers, but 7lbs is pretty brutal so far!!!
    Curtis, the stock ratio is *8.8:1 eh? Not sure what block you are running, as "I" and eta and supereta all have different CR ratios.

If you are going to boost a lot, I think the m20 rods are fine, I would go with forged pistons and a 524td crank.

I have had a very hard time figuring out megasquirt and when I get around to it, I will run a different system like autoronic. Here is my project car:

The protubo equal lenght manifold style is the one i am going to get.
    And I have seen an M20 turbo with a 524td crank that had boost cranked up to 14lbs at bav auto this year, he had 300 plus hp.

And those crazy sweds have lots of hp so - I know you car could be as fast as greased lighting.

later,
    J
    "..Horsepower is a measure of work done over time, or the rate at which work is done."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/579694/1