Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The last BMW Traffic Pros on the planet? SPECIAL!

My Cars
    06' F150 4x4, 95 M3

The last BMW Traffic Pros on the planet? SPECIAL!

OK,

You guys are never going to believe what we have... what I think are probably the last BMW Traffic Pros on the planet.

These are BRAND NEW BMW OEM Traffic Pros! This is the REAL DEAL! For those of you not familiar, this is a very high-quality, German-Made in-dash single-DIN Satellite Navigation system with built-in CD Player and AM-FM Stereo with RDS.

Fits:

All E36
    All E46
    All E39
    All Z3 / M Coupe / M Roadster
    All Z4

These include OEM BMW Harness, all documentation, all US Nav CDs, Tools for removal/installation, pouch for faceplate, Code card, the works.

Please indicate which car the unit is for as there is a separate harness for a Z4.

Full 1 year Becker warranty.

Per our agreement with Becker, we are not shipping these outside of the USA. These are simply the last ones available to the public.

$649 SHIPPED INCLUDING HARNESS AND CDS NEW IN THE BOX!

My Cars
    06' F150 4x4, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitolo
    So you guys bought out the remaining inventory from Becker and marked it up $50?

Becker = $654 + Shipping and handling.

Motorsport Recycling = $649 shipped.

These include the software, cables, etc... you'd pay more if you had bought them from Becker.

My Cars
    E36, E46
    I paid $550 for mine.

Do yours come with the updated s/w? Maybe that's what i'm not thinking of..
    '99 Estoril Blue + Dove Grey ///M3 coupe
    '04 Jet Black + Cinnamon ///
    M3 coupe

My Cars
    --97 SC'd ///M3--04 ///M3 VERT--07 ESCALADE--
    clear your pm box. pm me when you do.
    bump for a smoking deal and a great vendor!

-zkw- -hella- -bosch- -depo- -prolumen- -kwd- -bbs- -predator chromium- -predator ice- -simota- -ecis-

//-install guides-//-total lighting group buy-//-zkw group buy-// -exhaust group buy-//-ellipsoids+hid group buy-//-led tails group buy-//

My Cars
    06' F150 4x4, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by taseal
    dayum thats expensive I bought one off ebay for 300 bux, but it was used... was for my TA and it just didnt look right.... i'd love to have this on the bimmer, but dont have 700 to dish out
    I would imagine that was no a BMW Traffic Pro. Used ones sell here for $600 or more when they do show up.

Per the people at Becker North America about 140 of them were sold out of 200 US-Spec ones produced. A few European Market ones exist but they lack AM.

My Cars
    06' F150 4x4, 95 M3
    units are complete with the Updated software. Updated software is $100 from Becker.

My Cars
    1999 BMW 540i 6-speed
    looks awesome...never seen one before in a bimmer. I'd buy one if it was not for the price and if I didn't have anything else on my priority list...ah well...maybe one will pop up again for sale in the future...

My Cars
    06' F150 4x4, 95 M3
    PMs cleared.

My Cars
    Turbo 3er
    Its all supply and demand (and the regular BMW price gouging)
    E36 in pieces

My Cars
    05 M3 ZCP, 11 335d
    do these fit in e34's?

~AIM- liquidtiger720 ~ Josh M. ~www.jmscribble.com

My Cars
    06' F150 4x4, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidtiger720
    do these fit in e34's?
    Yes they do.

My Cars
    06' F150 4x4, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo ///M50
    Its all supply and demand (and the regular BMW price gouging)
    Where can you find a bmw nav for cheaper?? You can barely get yourself one of those dash mount types for this much.

My Cars
    Turbo 3er
    I dont want to start a fight but these we selling for 475.00 when they first where release to the public like 2 years ago.. I've followed the whole story behind these.. they started off reasonable and now there 700.00..
    E36 in pieces

My Cars
    '98 328i/4
    It's true that these are not cheap. But all I can tell you is that they're great.

There's not another unit out there that will fit right in the dash, is complete plug n play, a perfect color match to your stock lighting, will control the stock CD changer ('96+), has a single play CD player in the dash, better sound quality than any other stock HU, AND has one of the best navigation systems to boot.

If you buy one of these units, you'll be moving from one car to another for as long as you own BMWs.
    1998 328i/4 Boston Green
    X-Brace, Eibach Pro Kit/Bilstein Sport, M3 Rear Sway
    BMW Traffic Pro - a/d/s P650.2 & 3.45is - JL Audio Stealthboxes[/size]

My Cars
    more space pls kthx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo ///M50
    I dont want to start a fight but these we selling for 475.00 when they first where release to the public like 2 years ago.. I've followed the whole story behind these.. they started off reasonable and now there 700.00..
    Let me explain how I got these and maybe it will clear things up.

1) I KNOW Tony at Becker. These are his baby.

2) These were NEVER released to the general public. Had they been they would have been sold out years ago. Becker never advertised them and also Becker is no longer selling Traffic Pros in America. (Which is a shame because I'd love an Online Pro)

3) BMW Cancelled the program before it got started. About 200 of these, US-Spec units, were EVER made. And that came right from Tony's mouth.

If you bought one from Beckerit would have cost $654 plus shipping, that is also straight from Tony @ Becker.

THe units were available from Bekkers for under $600, this is correct. However we think it's best to sell these units with the proprietary Navigation CDs included.

Bekkers imports has them for about the same price we do on occasion, however those are European Models with NO US Warranty and NO AM Reception.

Bill
    RIP Motorsport Recycling! Long Live //MSR Performance.
    wiseguy@motorsportrecycling.com

My Cars
    95M3 2.8L-t, 90 325i

Are there any installed pictures and other bg on Traffic Pro operation?

I've never seen these installed in anything, or know any specs on operation. I'm curious if anyone has installed pics, and pics during operation and such?? Please post or send to email: soto.andre@gmail.com .
    Thanks in advance.
    ANDRE

My Cars

-zkw- -hella- -bosch- -depo- -prolumen- -kwd- -bbs- -predator chromium- -predator ice- -simota- -ecis-

//-install guides-//-total lighting group buy-//-zkw group buy-// -exhaust group buy-//-ellipsoids+hid group buy-//-led tails group buy-//

My Cars
    2001 S54 MZ3
    Quote Originally Posted by andrezbim
    I've never seen these installed in anything, or know any specs on operation. I'm curious if anyone has installed pics, and pics during operation and such?? Please post or send to email: soto.andre@gmail.com .
    Thanks in advance.
    ANDRE
    The only thing I think is useless about the Traffic pro is, it can only look up resident addresses by number not businesses. Most of us are not real-estate agents and we know where friends are living most of the time. This SUX when you are looking for businesses 90% of the time because you can’t dial the number in for them just cross streets!

My car came with the Traffic Pro and its primitive when compared to other Nav systems... If I were to buy a nav system I would buy a street pilot C330i ... much more useful and can be moved to any car.I can tell you that the Traffic Pro CD player works great...

Ill post a photo of the system installed tonight

Whole list of great GPS products can be found at garmin.
    http://www.garmin.com/mobile/products.html#automotive

FYI if you have a boat or other use besides car for nav you might want to think about getting a Garmin.

Hope this helps... (This is my opinion as an user of TrafficPro)
    Last edited by firedwg1; 10-04-2005 at 04:07 PM.

My Cars
    more space pls kthx.
    You sure can locate a business, I do it all the time. Enter a street or city center as destination and then re-route to POI.

Works like a charm.

My Cars
    exactly.
    i have one of these and it works like a charm, it also sounds 10x better then the stock unit. highly recommend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy ON
    You sure can locate a business, I do it all the time. Enter a street or city center as destination and then re-route to POI.

Works like a charm.

My Cars
    E36, E46
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    units are complete with the Updated software. Updated software is $100 from Becker.

Oh ok, my mistake. Good deal then... I may have to pick up an extra. I'll decide in 3 weeks and let you know. Not sure if I want another BMW version or a standard one to work with a phatbox. Hmmm

BTW to those that think this is too expensive, it's a bargain compared to your average $500 headunit that light up a million different colors. Even at the original price of $2k i'd probably still buy it thats how much I like it.
    '99 Estoril Blue + Dove Grey ///M3 coupe
    '04 Jet Black + Cinnamon ///
    M3 coupe

My Cars
    more space pls kthx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitolo
    Oh ok, my mistake. Good deal then... I may have to pick up an extra. I'll decide in 3 weeks and let you know. Not sure if I want another BMW version or a standard one to work with a phatbox. Hmmm

BTW to those that think this is too expensive, it's a bargain compared to your average $500 headunit that light up a million different colors. Even at the original price of $2k i'd probably still buy it thats how much I like it.
    Becker just bought Phatnoise so from what they tell me they will have a handful of phatbox adapters made for these. Stay tuned for more info...

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3/4
    Bump for a great product and a great price. I just bought mine from Becker about a month ago for $665 with the harness and the V2 NAV software.

Considering the upgrade for 96+ E36s is getting the CD43 headunit, which usually runs as high as $400, if not more, the TPs are awesome. The sound quality increase alone (at least with my HK stuff) is worth it. In addition, it controls the I-Bus changer so everything remains with the stock look and effciency.

Install took me less than 45 min. It was worth every penny.

Here is how mine looks:

Drive Safely,
    Raza
    Current:
    2016 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS

Past:
    1994 E36 BMW Dinan 3
    1998 E36 BMW ///M3/4
    2000 E39 BMW ///M5
    2002 E46 BMW ///M3
    2008 E60 BMW 550i M-Sport

My Cars
    1999 M3, 2003 Chevy Avalanche
    I'm a huge fan of this thing, too. It's saved me a bunch of times. I wonder if there will ever be more updated software in the future?

For reference, here's a thread that will answer most anyone's questions about the device:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=240500
    3/99 M3 with typical "upgrades": UUC Evo3 SSK+DSSR, UUC Red Tranny Mounts+TMEs, ZKW headlights, X-brace, CDV delete, Zionsville Aluminum radiator w/ Stewart water pump, Ground Control Track/School kit, Powerflex RTABs and LCABs, SSI underpanel, and a BMW Traffic Pro.

My Cars
    more space pls kthx.
    New software will be released, nothing in the next 6 months to a year or so, but it will be supported for the forseeable future. Apparently the Porsche/Ferrari Units and the hk ones all use the same software. Not sure about the Ford ones tho.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast